Who is your favorite back up Bills player of all time?

8 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Yep - Best back up QB in NFL history

Not so sure about that.  Most people forget that the 17-0 Fish had a backup quarterback (Earl Morall) playing for most of the season because Griese was hurt.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1

I'll give 2 because my favorite did become a pro bowl starter. Pat Williams was a backup for his 1st 4 years. They called it "The Package" when he and Ted Washington would line up on the same DL. Talk about immovable. 

Since Williams did become a starter later in his career I would go with Frank Reich. I mean it's hard to pick anyone else. 

Obviously Frank Reich should be #1... I thought that Coy Wire was a solid special teams player while he was here, filled in pretty well when he had to... Wyatt Teller seems to be making a name for himself in Cleveland... Jabari Greer was a backup throughout most of his time here... went on to win a Super Bowl with the Saints... Kyle Orton came here as a backup and won the starting job... mediocre QB but the best we’ve had in a while up to that point... John DiGiorgio was a backup here through most of his time here but had one really good season as a starter... Arthur Moats is also another backup guy who had a few nice seasons as a starter.. I’m sure there’s others I’m forgetting...

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Vikings Take A Peek - Vikings Gab

The perfect combination of charisma and poise is really the only answer here.

The Hamster!

Waited on him and his date one night, nicest dude ever.

Also waited on Lee Evans and Rashad Baker. Evans was acting all superstar and Baker was being a nice guy, so on their way out I made it a point to “recognize” him as a Bill and not Evans. Yeah I’m sure I really showed him ha.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Steve Tasker

Agreed.  i know Reich and Davis are the obvious, but Davis really was the change up back for Thurmon.  Reich is hands down and everyone is a second.  Take that one out and Tasker when asked delivered not just on ST as a HOF there, but could run the right routes, catch and was durable.  I remember him as a WR and was impressed when we needed him.  I’m sure there are others.  This is one I have to look up and don’t have the time during the day.

• Like (+1) 1

I never thought of Flutie as a back up, but I guess he was given R. Johnson.  If accepted,  he was high on the list.  For all of his flaws and some people who don’t like him he turned around an anemic offense when we had a tremendous defense.  It may have ended with Johnson losing the Music City Debacle, but we weren’t even close to getting there if we put him back in after his injury.   I know I’m in the vast majority from the vets here, but I like 

D him, and do know his flaws.

• Like (+1) 1