Gameday Thread Bills vs. Jets 1st Half

Chandler#81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This is my point. It is naive and short sighted to just say - what do you want we are up 21-3. 
The question is will this work in a big game against a good team? I don’t think so. Not to mention that Josh can not sustain this. This still looks like last years josh. Playing like a beast. But we have yet to see him be a passer. How many passing plays turned into check downs and Allen runs? Way too many. Not great looks in the passing game outside of a few games. They will watch the tape and see if Josh was making the right reads or not. 

I mean, he's 20 - 26 for 161 and 2 TDs in the first half, of the first game, in a season w no preseason 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Heitz

6 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Did you see the unnecessary hit he took that flipped him 180 * and you want your QB purposely taking those hits? With a 21 point lead , with a QB with a propensity to fumble? Damn glad your not coaching...

I did not like the call. But that does not excuse the fumble. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Allen still needs to show a higher IQ on the running plays.

They're building the right offense for Allen and he looks really good as a passer, but it seems like that's coming at the expense at success from the RB position. There's a lot of shotgun and it's more spread-out, there aren't a lot of standard under center sets, so Buffalo is trying to use deception, option plays, and screens as the short game. 

Hopefully they've got stuff for the RBs in the second half, but they need to keep.being aggressive.

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Why not just enjoy this fact instead of crying and having a fit and asking for heads to role: the Bills are up 21-3, Josh is commanding the O and has great numbers save the two fumbles. 

maybe because our OC is exposing Allen 

none of that matters if Allen takes 1 shot and his ACL is finished. it almost happened on that fumble, he took a nasty shot to the knee. we are lucky he is a tough player. 

1 minute ago, loyal2dagame said:

I expect better from motor.  The one run up the middle (mid to late 2nd quarter)   jete de was unblocked and Singletary had time to cut outside.  Instead he ran right into him. Bad field vision. 

Moss and Singletary have had 6 carries. That’s not nearly enough to want “better”. They absolutely need to start running the ball more with the RB’s. This drive is a great example. 

Flat again out of the locker room, that’s not a good sign. 

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

maybe because our OC is exposing Allen 

none of that matters if Allen takes 1 shot and his ACL is finished. it almost happened on that fumble, he took a nasty shot to the knee. we are lucky he is a tough player. 

Running is part of his game and he’s a better QB for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I mean, he's 20 - 26 for 161 and 2 TDs in the first half, of the first game, in a season w no preseason 🤷‍♂️

I think this one looks different on tape. There have been good outcomes but that does not mean the play is being made as designed. Way too much super hero Josh. 

• Haha (+1) 2