Bills have Ziggy Ansah on their radar

BillsMafi$

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not one to normally pick on the media, but do wonder if the "bills Interest" in nothing more than they wanted him last year so that automatically means they are interested in him now.  I mean is there any actually connection between him and the Bills recently?

He probably sent us his workout tape, for that reason ?

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Weird that productive DEs under the age of 30 aren't readily available. Go figure 

Ngakoue?

Clowney?

Unfortunately there's a list of reasons why they're available.

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Isn't he always injured?

Not always. He seems healthy between the months of February and August.

• Haha (+1) 3

Why does signing Ansah automatically mean Murphy is gone?  They currently have guys like Mike Love, Darryl Johnson, and Bryan Cox Jr. on their roster and everyone's automatic go to is to cut Murphy.  The more likely scenario is they sign Ansah and release one of those three guys, who while may not make as much money as Murphy also cant hold his jock when it comes to playing football.    At this point I am not sure Ansah can either.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Why does signing Ansah automatically mean Murphy is gone?  They currently have guys like Mike Love, Darryl Johnson, and Bryan Cox Jr. on their roster and everyone's automatic go to is to cut Murphy.  The more likely scenario is they sign Ansah and release one of those three guys, who while may not make as much money as Murphy also cant hold his jock when it comes to playing football.    At this point I am not sure Ansah can either.

Because when it comes down to the final 53, it will probably be Murphy And ansah fighting for the same spot

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Ngakoue?

Clowney?

Unfortunately there's a list of reasons why they're available.

Exactly. My point is let's not act surprised that Beane hasn't picked up a young DE this summer. The Bills have upcoming homegrown contracts, reduced cap next year due to covid which plays into what they can do now. We would all love a good and young DE, but those two (Clowney and Ngakoue) have worse sack numbers than Addison and cost (or at least are asking)  twice as much. Saying Beane just doesn't like young players (and I realise this was said somewhat jokingly) is simplyfying.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

It is because some would get rid of Murphy for anything even jalapeño enemas - as long as they got the enemas.

29 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Who still use CD players?

I don't.  I use 8 track tapes because better sound quality than digital.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

8C5EE2B3-4F0E-4926-AEFC-9AC5773AB0AD.jpeg

McDermott you mean.

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Because when it comes down to the final 53, it will probably be Murphy And ansah fighting for the same spot

And it's all about cap. You probably save $5 million if you can successfully swap out Murphy for Ansah. It's a risk though. 

Guys, I grabbed Ziggy in Madden on a one year deal. Really stunted my development of a guy I drafted a year before at DE. And he didn’t really do much. Wasn’t worth it. Don’t do it Beane! 

Just a word to the wise. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Guys, I grabbed Ziggy in Madden on a one year deal. Really stunted my development of a guy I drafted a year before at DE. And he didn’t really do much. Wasn’t worth it. Don’t do it Beane! 

Just a word to the wise. 

Sadly enough this is one of the most rationale arguments I have seen on this site in years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

I figure the following are lo0cks/near locks at DE for the 53 man roster: Jerry Hughes, AJ Epenesa and Mario Addison.  Trent Murphy is an incumbent left defensive end, of course, and will be fighting to retain his roster spot with the likes of Darryl Johnson, Mike Love and Brian Cox.  I can see Beane being interested in Ansah if he thinks Ansah could beat out that whole group.  Otherwise, he would only be doing due diligence if injury created a need for experience in the rotation.