Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

Just now, TheProcess said:

Play calling wasn’t fine. You liked the chicken sh*t play calling when we took the lead after the John Brown TD? That’s coaching scared. They hoped to squat on the lead with Edelman out and it bit them

in the a**. 

I don't think they sqauted on the lead. What exactly did you want? I had few issues with play calling today. That's a great defense. 

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Sorry but the biggest takeaway is the run D.  

The Steelers and Cowboys bizarrely gave up on it way too soon.

The Pats were not going to let that happen.  

And our tackling is getting worse.  

This is fair, we looked so soft on those 2 long drives that kept the offense on the bench in the first half.

• Like (+1) 1

The biggest issue I have is with the way they covered Edelman. They let Taron Johnson cover him 1 on 1 in the first half and Edelman torched him. They finally started bracketing him sometimes in the 2nd half but he comes back and they leave him wide open on the first play he returns. The Patriots have 3 players who can hurt you in the pass game. Julian Edelman, Rex Burkhead, and James White. We let 2 of those 3 guys hurt us in this game and its just unacceptable. Bracket Edelman all game or stick White on him then have Milano shadowing White/Burkhead out of the Backfield. Its not rocket science, thats what I didn't get.

To me we could have won this game. We got extremely conservative when we got up 17-13 which I believe is more of a McDermott call than it is a DaBoll call. We have seen that in the past. The problem is most of the time it works out and we end up holding on to win. We have been bit by that twice now this year and tonight and the Browns were those two examples.

Allen is what he is. He is a clutch kid who has some serious accuracy issues. To be fair he laid two absolute dime tonight that were probably 2 of his best throws of his career. He needs to hit Knox in the endzone there at the end. In conclusion, I like that Allen has the clutch 4th quarter gene. It didn't happen tonight but if he just could somehow figure it out in the 1st half of games he wouldn't need all of these heroics at the end. I still think we are a year away. With 9 or 10 draft picks, and a winning team plus 90 million we should be able to attract some top to middle tier guys to come in and help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Milano was terrible. Edmunds invisible. I counted 20+ missed tackles. Taron Johnson on Edelman? Frazier got dominated by Belichick. Josh missed 2 tds to Knox if he has any TOUCH on the ball. Daboll is the worst part of this team. He's gotta go Immediately. Get playmakers this spring.  We're the only team in the NFL with 2 receivers. Just deactivate everybody else.....Roberts, Williams, McKenzie, Foster......

They manipulate Edmunds, just got outcoached 

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Ford is a guard, period. That's what he played in high school and in college until injuries made him switch. He is a guard!

He may be able to play tackle in the future but not now. He can't pass block on the edge.

Would have been nice to know that before we traded up for him.  He’s going to get Josh Allen killed.

Just now, mannc said:

Every time.  Meanwhile, NE gained an average of 8 yards on first down.  Absolute killer.

Yep. And we were getting no push. So change it up. 

Also, those criticizing that pass to Knox, definitely a pass we want back. That being said:

- don’t run a qb draw on first down when our lines been getting no run push.

- don’t leave your tackle on the edge when he can’t block speed to save his ass.

- don’t forget to identify/anticipate the blitz on 4th and long. 

The Knox pass could have tied the game and would have been a great play. One Allen wants back. That being said, it ain’t nearly the reason we didn’t score on that drive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think they sqauted on the lead. What exactly did you want? I had few issues with play calling today. That's a great defense. 

I want them to play aggressive. That’s the only way you beat Brady. Year after year we just don’t get it. Running Motor into a wall of defenders for 1 yard gains plays straight into their hands. They expected it, and got it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BurpleBull said:

Getting sick of this crap...and how tf don't they call intentional grounding on Brady early on? Smh

Yes, I just knew that it was grounding, and yet of course they get away with it. I mean is it too much to ask for fairly called game. Really, it's like everytime the Bills play the Pats it seems like it's always something with bad calls/non calls tilting in the Pats direction. It's crazy.

Bills could and should have made more plays to win this game but damn man, call the ***** down the middle. It's not too much to ask for god sake.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Can’t wait until we get those participation trophies at the NFL honors show. 

I can understand being angry. They have every chance to win games. The fault lies in a few places. No reason for people to get all worked up 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Yep. And we were getting no push. So change it up. 

Also, those criticizing that pass to Knox, definitely a pass we want back. That being said:

- don’t run a qb draw on first down when our lines been getting no run push.

- don’t leave your tackle on the edge when he can’t block speed to save his ass.

- don’t forget to identify/anticipate the blitz on 4th and long. 

The Knox pass could have tied the game and would have been a great play. One Allen wants back. That being said, it ain’t nearly the reason we didn’t score on that drive.

And running the same run on first down and getting one yard is a killer. Daboll is easy to read if I am the opposing DC.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

yes, close throw... but that is in no way an easy throw... he is trying to thread that up and over multiple defenders, but get to knox before he goes Out of bounds

I’m no expert.... but I’m pretty sure that route is supposed to be ran a little deeper.... Knox was in the middle of the end zone and I am sure he’s supposed to be a yard or two closer to the back line