Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

Just now, HappyDays said:

That was the worst series of the game. 3 straight run plays and we punt. I don't know how an NFL OC can't evaluate a game in real time and realize what isn't working. The QB sweep has been figured out. We need to take it out of our play book.

need to replace Daboll.   

5 minutes ago, Buffbills716 said:

Well put.  Everyone from the radio announcer to the TV analysts say the same the same

I want to be proven wrong.  That last pass to Knok was a microcosm of what is wrong woth Allen.

I want to be proven wrong.

Edited by Pokebball

7 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Novel idea.  Put your best cover man on their best WR.  White was wasted on covering Harry.

White does not cover the slot.  It seems like Hyde got those duties, but he doesn't do it well, IMO.

1 minute ago, Buffbills716 said:

Well put.  Everyone from the radio announcer to the TV analysts say the same the same

I want to be proven wrong.  That last pass to Knok was a microcosm of what is wrong woth Allen.

Understood you desire a Pro Bowler in his second year.  But it took guys like Steve Young years and he's in the Hall.  And Johnny Unitas wound up with the Colts because he was cut.  Lighten up!

Just now, TheProcess said:

Guy like Yeldon could’ve been helpful outlet underneath today. But Perry though....a real stand out on special teams today. I mean those plays were tremendous. 

the inactives are puzzling.  get Perry out of there. Get Yeldon and Williams in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love how people want to blame the defense.   How many 3 and outs?   How many yards passing up until the final 2 mins of the first 

quarter? 

Come on people!  The Defense was on the field all game, with virtually no break because the second they made a stop, the offense couldn't do squat and they were thrown right back out there. 

The offense and Allen in particular is to blame.  You cant have 50% completion and 19 yards passing with 2mins left in the first half....period. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here are the 1st down play calls in the 2nd half from start to finish:

Pass for 28 yards

Pass play, Allen sacked

Rush for 1 yard

Rush for -3 yards

Rush for 4 yards

Rush for 1 yard

Rush for 0 yards

Incomplete pass

Allen scramble for 11 yards

Incomplete pass

Illegal formation, followed by a 25 yard pass

Rush for -1 yard

I think that 1st down play calling is inexcusable.

The runs were called because that's been the weakness of Pats* defense this year.  Unfortunately for us, they sold out in stopping our run game and dared Allen to beat them through the air.   Almost worked.  

we need to invest in oline in rounds 1-5. 

forget the defense. we aren't going anywhere until we improve our offense. 

We need a new franchise LT, Dion Dawkins is not the future here

2 new WR's

new TE

new backup RB 

lots of work to do in the offseason 

1 minute ago, Buffbills716 said:

Knox should've had 3 tds today. But on the first and last one again Josh reverted back to flat and hot. No trajectory! On the middle one he actually put trajectory on it for the first time this season and it nearly resulted in a td. Josh is still learning. Hopefully the touch comes. He made some unbelievable throws today and some head scratchers. I just feel Daboll is wrong for this team. And having only 2 wrs doesn't help either. It's their own fault.  They choose to bench Duke every week?

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Understood you desire a Pro Bowler in his second year.  But it took guys like Steve Young years and he's in the Hall.  And Johnny Unitas wound up with the Colts because he was cut.  Lighten up!

Just frustrated.  Upset.  i like Allen, but if he does not improve his play next year, time to move in another direction.

Just now, TwistofFate said:

I love how people want to blame the defense.   How many 3 and outs?   How many yards passing up until the final 2 mins of the first 

quarter? 

Come on people!  The Defense was on the field all game, with virtually no break because the second they made a stop, the offense couldn't do squat and they were thrown right back out there. 

The offense and Allen in particular is to blame.  You cant have 50% completion and 19 yards passing with 2mins left in the first half....period. 

Uh, the defense was on the field all game because they couldn't stop much of anything.  They didn't tackle and they didn't pressure at all.  That's like a gift from above for the Patriots.

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

quarter? 

That's kind of a load of crap they had the opportunity to either put the Pats D in the same situation or trade off with them they didn't.

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

quarter? 

They were on the field all day cuz they couldn't get a stop. Swiss cheese, missed tackles, missed assignments. A good share of their bad game they caused.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The runs were called because that's been the weakness of Pats* defense this year.  Unfortunately for us, they sold out in stopping our run game and dared Allen to beat them through the air.   Almost worked.  

Runs were called because Allen was ineffective for 85% of the game.   They leaned on the run because they had to. 

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

quarter? 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Knox should've had 3 tds today. But on the first and last one again Josh reverted back to flat and hot. No trajectory! On the middle one he actually put trajectory on it for the first time this season and it nearly resulted in a td. Josh is still learning. Hopefully the touch comes. He made some unbelievable throws today and some head scratchers. I just feel Daboll is wrong for this team. And having only 2 wrs doesn't help either. It's their own fault.  They choose to bench Duke every week?

My son and I said the same thing about Duke.  Where is he?

2 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

we need to invest in oline in rounds 1-5. 

forget the defense. we aren't going anywhere until we improve our offense. 

We need a new franchise LT, Dion Dawkins is not the future here

2 new WR's

new TE

new backup RB 

lots of work to do in the offseason 

Disruptive edge rusher.  Bye bye Murph.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

quarter? 

Um... no. This is idiotic.

they got the takeaway to start, and then they gave up drives of 11, and 17. That’s not good defense. You cannot let the opposition dink and dunk their way down the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

1 pass to a running back is a massive under the radar problem that makes things easier for the defense to scheme us.  No threat out of the backfield thru the air in 2019.  

Why is Yeldon here exactly?

Houston killed them with the RB pass.  Their linebackers could not cover. We did not even try to exploit them

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The runs were called because that's been the weakness of Pats* defense this year.

Good coaches make adjustments in-game. Allen was once again hot in the 4th quarter. He missed one throw in the endzone and it would have been a tough one. Other than that we were moving the ball when we passed. Daboll doesn't know when to abandon his game plan. I'm not saying I want him fired or anything, I like his scheme, but he needs to open up the offense in the playoffs. You can NEVER call 3 straight run plays with a 4 point lead against a playoff team. Playing to lose.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

You really can’t beat any good team scoring 17 points.  

On the pre-game Irving said, and Mariucci agreed, that defenses have a line at 17 pts - the feeling is if you keep it to that or lower you should win - thought that was interesting

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I don’t understand the defensive game plan. Nobody covering Edelman way to many times. I watched KC and Houston both double him and that shut down their offense. 

On WEEI this week they kept saying that in the absence of gronk teams have been able to double Edelman ... intrerested in seeing all 22 as to what happened here 

27 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

fans have to stop saying it's good enough to give the Patriots a great game. It's not. The time has come to win.

moral victories are another word for Losses I agree with you 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

If they continue to neglect skill offensive skill positions in the draft this year I’ll lose my dang mind. The one thing I question about Beane. 

It does not matter if you have skill players if your offensive line is substandard.

• Like (+1) 1