Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

11 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

More like they couldn't get off the field. 

Your Allen agenda is old and weak BTW

more like the Bills offense continually had short drives.  And I don't  have an “agenda”.  I want the team to win. By any objective measure the offense was a disaster, just like against Balt. 

3 minutes ago, Buffbills716 said:

For those of you who think JA is the second coming of Christ, let me remind you that barring three nice throws, JA did nothing.  That's right.  Nothing.  Daboll do not help matters, but it was on him.  Let the PR people tee off on me.  Let me save you some time: "oh, but Allen is still young". oh, but he is still finding his rhythm,  "Billy Buffalo doesn't like him."  Okay guys, let me have it.

Do you simply need attention?

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Ultra conservative play, no pressure at all by the defense, terrible tackling - of course you lose to the Patriots.  Mc may be a very good coach, but he's no Belichick.

And this is why we're not ready right now for anything past the divisional round, both coaching and player personnel wise.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I’m no expert.... but I’m pretty sure that route is supposed to be ran a little deeper.... Knox was in the middle of the end zone and I am sure he’s supposed to be a yard or two closer to the back line 

Could very well be. I just know its not a gimme throw like some are suggesting. He is open but up and over defenders, while competing with back of endzone - as he is still running deep

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Can someone please explain to me what Jordan Philips did to get an Unsportsmanlike on the TD? Also what was illegal about our formation on that last drive? Was either penalty legit?

He asked the ref a question and nothing.  Only one player was in motion. 

14 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

thatsthejoke.jpg

Mysteriously the refs are blind when facemasks involve Buffalo, both on offense and defense.

And the elbow Brady threw at Oliver after he tackled him by the goal line.  You do that to Brady and the flags would be flying 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Can someone please explain to me what Jordan Philips did to get an Unsportsmanlike on the TD? Also what was illegal about our formation on that last drive? Was either penalty legit?

Phillips didn't protest the call at all or appear upset, so it must have been bad.

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Could very well be. I just know its not a gimme throw like some are suggesting. He is open but up and over defenders, while competing with back of endzone - as he is still running deep

Warner said it.  Was a tough throw to get over the defenders but before Know is OB.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Would have been nice to know that before we traded up for him.  He’s going to get Josh Allen killed.

They should have known that. If he becomes a Pro Bowl guard that would still be a good pick imo. Bills O line still needs work. A good lineman or two, a talented big receiver, an awesome edge rusher, and a good cornerback would put this team in a great spot for next year. A better run stuffer than Star wouldn't hurt either.

10 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

That was a near impossible pass, almost impossible to complete because of the Angle.

Agreed.  I hate any of those type of fades down there - so hard to complete.  We don't ever seem to try any quick slants at the goal line or routes along the back of the EZ

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

When the commentators do not speak to much on the call, or show the replay you know it was a paid call. Watch how some penalties they replay, some they don't. And sometimes the refs do not even call the players number. RIGGED.

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

This game comes down to Qb play...bottom line.   If you deny it, you are in fantasy land. 

If Allen throws two accurate passes to Knox, we win. 

If he doesn't vastly improve next season on his accuracy, we really need to look at Qb position.   It is really the only thing holding back this team. 

This was a winnable game. Mistakes were made by a couple different players, but Allens accuracy is the main reason we lost. 

Well put.  Everyone from the radio announcer to the TV analysts say the same the same

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

The hate is strong with you

I want to be proven wrong.  That last pass to Knok was a microcosm of what is wrong woth Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

We sat on the lead when it was 17-13.  We should have been going for the jugular.

I agree,  we crawled into our conservative fetal position at 17-13 right on schedule. We never continue to stay aggressive and Belichick knew this. I'm so sick at how timid this coaching staff is.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

The key in this game was when we were up 17-13, and came up like 1 inch short on that third down JA scramble. Would have been a totally different game if we had converted and maybe got a FG out of that drive.

Could have been brave and gone for it.  Belichick has done it.  Go big or go home.  

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Keep building the Oline!!!!! And get Josh a WR who can be physical and Get a true #2 RB (FA Jordan Howard)...

If they continue to neglect skill offensive skill positions in the draft this year I’ll lose my dang mind. The one thing I question about Beane. 

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

You really can’t beat any good team scoring 17 points.  

You can, but not when the defense plays without fundamentals or pass rush , and gets rolled on for 400+ yards. The Bills don’t have the offensive personnel yet to consistently score more vs a top defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ray Finkel said:

And the elbow Brady threw at Oliver after he tackled him by the goal line.  You do that to Brady and the flags would be flying 

He tried to trip Oliver earlier after he'd planted him.

When Ed's got some veteran presence he'll learn to take the opportunity to step on his hand when offered the opportunity.  :devil:

• Like (+1) 2

Curiously passive defensive game plan.    No real pass rush, single coverage on Edelman way too often (and then with a nickleback or LB more than our best coverage people), poor LB play against the run and above all--too many missed tackles.    

The offense played about to form.   We're extremely limited having just two viable WRs and a 50/50 rookie TE.     That said, do we ever throw to the RB?   Or run a short outlet route to the TE?   

The Bills put up a good fight but the better, more experienced team won.   This is a good learning experience and should help as a tune up for Houston...    

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Not just one person to blame but I think this one mostly goes on josh Allen. His stats look fine and his big plays made him look alot better but 95% of the game he couldn't make the simplist throws and gave up massive sacks and put his defense on the field the entire game. If he played remotely decent in the first half of both games against the Pat's the Bill's win both.

You sure that you know what "%" means?

6 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

We sat on the lead when it was 17-13.  We should have been going for the jugular.

That was the worst series of the game. 3 straight run plays and we punt. I don't know how an NFL OC can't evaluate a game in real time and realize what isn't working. The QB sweep has been figured out. We need to take it out of our play book.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

If they continue to neglect skill offensive skill positions in the draft this year I’ll lose my dang mind. The one thing I question about Beane. 

That will not happen. This offseason will be about retaining their defensive talent and adding weapons to a limited offense. 

• Like (+1) 1