NFL: tripping penalties from Pats-Cowboys should not have been called

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will these refs be held accountable? I mean there have been 4 total tripping calls all season, and 2 of them were in this game. 

They were talking about it this morning on Get Up.  Belichick sends tape into Riveron, suggesting that a team is frequently guilty of penalties,  so that those are watched for during the game.  That's why the hankies are no surprise. 

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

But, but in the heat of the moment the Refs had a legitimate worry that the Patriots may lose. They got to do what they got to do.

No sh^t. A f'kin decade of this crap is wearing me out. You have to destroy the Patriots to beat them. Close games always go their way. It's disgusting.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

No sh^t. A f'kin decade of this crap is wearing me out. You have to destroy the Patriots to beat them. Close games always go their way. It's disgusting.

It's ***** sickening.  No one can defend it with a straight face.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Figured.  I had to listen to the New England broadcast on Sirius while driving back from the Bills game and even their homer broadcast team was going crazy about how bad the calls were.

Edited by driddles

23 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

the 'just give it to him' game was 1998. i watched that in a seedy hotel in los angeles

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So do they give Dallas the win?

No?

thought so.  Lol 

Give them?

you have to EARN it in the NFL

has it been that long for Bills fans when the team earned wins?

Love when they come out the next day and admit this. It’s literally worse than just doing the screw job and moving on. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think there is something refreshingly honest about the NFLs transparency on head-scratching, mind-numbing and soul-crushing phantom calls the day after they impact the outcome of the game.  

Precisely. It means absolutely nothing now, which is why they admit it the day after. It’s maybe even worse than letting the screw job be. It’s like stabbing someone and then twisting the knife. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The NE Cheatriots have been aided by bogus phantom calls since the Tuck. Nothing will ever change until the B's retire.

Since "Just give it them", also the receiver knocked out cold who caught the ball out of bounds was earlier.

Notice... It all started when Krafty threatened move to Hartford.  When he financed his own stadium.  He was refinancing the digs every 30 days.  There was a lot invested in getting fickle Boston fan's butts in seats.  This is the same theft of service cheat that admitted sneaking 6 people in on 4 season tix back at Harvard Stadium... Justified it because team was terrible in the 1960s.  Ralph had to bail Sullivan's out because their fans were cheating team.

Once a cheat, always a cheat.

• Like (+1) 1

The game is about the fans.  That 2nd tripping called robbed all fans - Cowboys fans, national fans, and even Patriots fans.  That game was a long slog, and not very entertaining. But it had a chance to be - w/ the Cowboys in 4 down territory, it COULD have been an epic finish, with either Dak coming through w/ a game-winning TD, or the heralded NE defense stepping up for a dramatic 4th down stop.

But no. The refs took the game into their own hands, and decided it - without drama, excitement or suspense.  They just called it right there with 2 minutes to go, instead of letting players play, and decide it on the field.  On a completely phantom call, as the NFL now acknowledges (kinda reminds me of the phantom holding in the SB last year, just when the Rams were starting a real drive).

It's truly sickening. These things go the Pats way beyond what the law of averages could possibly allow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1