C Mitch Morse (Chiefs) to the Bills

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

If we can sign Daryl Williams. Wouldn’t mind this lineup if we can draft Jawaan Taylor.

LT - Taylor

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Long

RT - Williams

I think something like this would be the ideal.  

I will be a little surprised if they DON'T get Williams he seemed as pre-destined to be a Bill as Star Lotulelei was last offseason. 

Let Boettger and Teller battle Long for that RG spot and serve as backups if they don't make it.  

Maybe Chuma Edoga later in draft for the swing tackle?   Need a guy with some developmental talent in reserve considering Williams knee issue.   Edoga looked good at LT in senior bowl practices and played RT in college.

14 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Could be. I would rather they keep him as depth. We have the space and the need for bodies.

No use really. Long is able to play center and guard. Bodine center only. You need positional flexibility with your depth along the OL or else you end up like the Bills last season using up 1/5 of your active roster on OL while not having any depth elsewhere as a side effect

• Like (+1) 1

I always have issues knowing how good an offensive line signing is due to a lineman does not have "highlights" as much as mistakes. Basically it takes a long time to determine if a guy is good and i do not have the time to watch but all the stats say this is a good signing and i am happy we got him for less than a good tackle price.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021893/article/2019-nfl-free-agency-notable-freeagent-signings-for-each-team

Screw ESPN

Buffalo Bills

Frank Gore, RB: Signing a one-year deal worth $2 million, per Rapoport.

Kevin Johnson, CB: Expected to sign a deal pending final review of the contract, according to Rapoport.

Tyler Kroft, TE: Signing a three-year deal worth a base value of $18.75 million (with incentives that could push it up to $21 million), according to Rapoport.

Mitch Morse, ? Signing a deal that will pay him north of $11 million per season, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

Jordan Phillips, DT: Re-signed on a one-year contract extension worth $4.5 million, per Rapoport.

Still nothing on the nfl network

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

backups have to be able to play more than just C

They used Bodine at guard a bit in preseason. I think he can play both. We still need a right tackle, but if Teller and Long are starters, we are looking at a bench of Bodine, Boettger, Sirles. Obviously that is not ideal, but you need to have a backup who can snap and that should not be your starting guard, which is where I think Long winds up. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

With Funchess in Indi, anyone think that makes Buffalo a huge possibility for Tyrell Williams?

The Colts have plenty of cap $ left to spend... They also tendered one of their own WR (Chester Rogers)... Plenty of $ left to spend on Williams I'd say...

6 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

With Funchess in Indi, anyone think that makes Buffalo a huge possibility for Tyrell Williams?

Huge? No.  Better than before? Yes.  Only outside wr who's a starter more than Buffalo are chasing him.

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They used Bodine at guard a bit in preseason. I think he can play both. We still need a right tackle, but if Teller and Long are starters, we are looking at a bench of Bodine, Boettger, Sirles. Obviously that is not ideal, but you need to have a backup who can snap and that should not be your starting guard, which is where I think Long winds up. 

Bodine did not play guard at UNC or with the Bengals. Absolutely no need to shoehorn a below average player in out of position simply because he's already on the roster. We should want, and expect them to, raise the level of talent on that side of the ball which should mean almost no one is safe 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Highlights of AFC Championship and focusing on Morse (#61), he's playing excellent. 

First off, what a game. Morse was a beast in the pass game. It looked like NE just stopped even trying to attack him with their pass rush , impressive performance , what an upgrade for Allen and this OL, he's going to make everybody on that line better.. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Here's an interesting reaction from a NY Jet fan perspective...

Wait....

This NEW YORK JETS fan was articulate, optimistic, and complimentary of the Buffalo Bills.

What the hell did I just watch?!

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I always have issues knowing how good an offensive line signing is due to a lineman does not have "highlights" as much as mistakes. Basically it takes a long time to determine if a guy is good and i do not have the time to watch but all the stats say this is a good signing and i am happy we got him for less than a good tackle price.

It also depends a lot on the guys around him.  An incompetent guard can make an otherwise good tackle or center look execrable.  

Having said that...a good center who can make the blocking calls is the most indispensable of linemen.  Losing Wood at the end of 2017 really screwed the Bills line last year.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, DC Tom said:

It also depends a lot on the guys around him.  An incompetent guard can make an otherwise good tackle or center look execrable.  

Having said that...a good center who can make the blocking calls is the most indispensable of linemen.  Losing Wood at the end of 2017 really screwed the Bills line last year.

And yet we all thought Groy looked good playing next to Richie when Wood went down. 

I still hope they surround Morse with one stud (Darryl Williams) and one hopeful. 

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Wait....

This NEW YORK JETS fan was articulate, optimistic, and complimentary of the Buffalo Bills.

Yeah, we’re all friends now.

#372 on the list of “things the Patriots have done to adversely effect the enjoyment of football.”

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Here's an interesting reaction from a NY Jet fan perspective...

I tuned out pretty quick. Not going to pick anything up from this dweeb who is literally in his bedroom at his parents house. Better than the basement maybe but I 'll get my info somewhere else thanks. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Wait....

This guy posts on YouTube under JetsCentral

He not only praised the signing but also seems to think nice things about Josh Allen as well... He compares the Bills and Jets as similar up coming teams with many of the same needs...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

And yet we all thought Groy looked good playing next to Richie when Wood went down. 

I still hope they surround Morse with one stud (Darryl Williams) and one hopeful. 

Losing Wood and RI was a killer. But not sure if losing Wood or Ritchie was worse.