C Mitch Morse (Chiefs) to the Bills

Mitch Morse was #1 on my FA wish list. Couldn't be happier with this signing. Today was a great start to free agency. Beane doing it right. 

I predict we'll sign one more O-lineman. And trade for an elite WR. (My prediction is Julio Jones).

Great day for the Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

All the excitement prior to another losing season. Enjoy

Wipe off your chin. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't say it's set if they got Daryl William's. I would be good with the tackles and the center. But who exactly would be the guards?

Long and Teller. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Highest paid center at more than 11 mill per season. He worth that, or is that the buffalo premium?

It's the free agency premium. He was considered one of the top two FA centers available. He was going to get paid by the Bills or somebody else.

• Like (+1) 1

Good signing. I like that he's excellent in pass protection. We have good C depth now with Morse, Bodine and Long capable of filling in. 

I want another 2 free agent olineman. Saffold or Spain for G and James or Williams for T. I know I'm being greedy. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Highest paid center at more than 11 mill per season. He worth that, or is that the buffalo premium?

Pouncey was the highest-paid for a few days. Morse will be the highest-paid for a few hours. Paradis is about to get more.

I think it's just the nature of the market. In 2 years, I'd guess that he'll probably be somewhere in the 5-10 range.

Edited by junior12thman92
  • Like (+1) 3

So, reading the tea leaves, Beane and the FO actually had a plan to sign one of the top 2 centers in FA. They actually had a backup plan if Paradis fell through and no, they weren't settling on a future with Spencer Long as the starting center. Do I assume too much?  :)

Well done, Beane, but listen to the posters and go get a D Williams; maybe that's part of the overall plan, too...

Edited by technobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bad example...Billick was a pretty good coach.  Never understood the flack he gets.  

Andy Reid is one if the best offensive coaches of our generation.  To try and knock him for not wining a SB is so lazy and you should be better that.  

I guarantee Morse would give Reid a lot of credit for his development. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

I like that he is only 26 (soon to be 27) where as I believe Paradis is 30 and would have been declining at end of a 4-5 year deal. 

This post bears repeating.  And the reason I wanted Morse over Paradis all along.