Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

A 2nd and a 3rd? I’ll eat my shirt if we get that. 

A 3rd is most likely. 

Also. I feel bad for Shady. “We’re going to move you for a bit, win a quick Super Bowl, then bring you back when we’re sub .500 the next year. BUT, you’ll sneak your way into a playoff game in Buffalo.  Cool?” 

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

A 2nd and a 3rd? I’ll eat my shirt if we get that. 

A 3rd is most likely. 

Also. I feel bad for Shady. “We’re going to move you for a bit, win a quick Super Bowl, then bring you back when we’re sub .500 the next year. BUT, you’ll sneak your way into a playoff game in Buffalo.  Cool?” 

And it probably hurts even more because of the fact that they tried to trade for McCoy last year but opted to acquire Ajayi instead when they heard our asking price

37 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Josina Anderson was just on ESPN saying that from what she's hearing, it sounds like the Eagles plan to get past their Thursday night game this week and then they'll turn their attention to pursuing McCoy.

The trade could come down to how philly's rbs perform Thursday and if the bills win Sunday.

If philly's rbs play poorly they will be more willing to pay the price asked. However the price may go up or down based on the bills outcome

10 hours ago, Estro said:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-eagles-2019-draft-picks/

Round How acquired 
 1 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Acquired from Ravens during 2018 NFL Draft 
 3 Eagles' own pick
 4 Eagles' own pick 
 5 (projected) Compensatory pick 
 5 Eagles' own pick 
 6 Eagles' own pick 
 6 (projected) Compensatory pick 
6 (projected) Compensatory pick 
 7 Either the Eagles' own pick, or the pick acquired from Broncos for Allen Barbre, depending on which one they traded during the 2018 NFL Draft (for Mailata), which has yet to be determined.
 7 (projected) Compensatory pick 

What I'm asking for if I'm the Bills (and I'm asking for more than what I think I'll get because you always anchor high in negotiations):

Bills get:  The better 2nd round pick  and the better 6th round pick

Eagles get:  Bills 3rd round pick

What I'd settle for: Bills get Eagles worse 2nd rounder and the Eagles get the Bills 3rd round pick.

Why are you settling for so little?  The Bills are in a position of strength and the Eagles of need.  The Eagles have also shown they are willing to pay to keep their team whole.

I would trade Shady for a second and another pick.  I would not make the swap of picks you have proposed - too little value.

Edited by Just Joshin'
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The trade could come down to how philly's rbs perform Thursday and if the bills win Sunday.

If philly's rbs play poorly they will be more willing to pay the price asked. However the price may go up or down based on the bills outcome

Beane and McDermott might also want to see how Ivory does with 12+ carries too. See if he can have another strong game.

15 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Beane and McDermott might also want to see how Ivory does with 12+ carries too. See if he can have another strong game.

I think Ivory can handle 12 + carries, he used to do it often earlier in his career. 

The more I think about it the more I think shady gets traded. I could see shady traded then beane trades for another rb.

10 hours ago, disco said:

I'm actually wondering why/who leaks this. My theory: Eagles leaked this so McCoy knows they're trying to bring him back and he puts pressure on the Bills to make the deal. For all we know he's already expressed his discontent with the limited usage and McDermott has just downplayed it. I think McCoy likes it here and is working well with Allen, but chance to return home with a playoff run would still win out.

Prediction is Bills make the trade for a 3rd and 6th, bring back Gillislee.

My points exactly. 

You guys and your love of draft picks! A  mere 3rd round for a superstar like Shady to go to a team in NOW desperation mode would such a bad trade! Get way more or keep the man! 

And the other players in that locker room would be quite dejected. It'd be the management saying "season's over, all for next year" but keep pushing through pain and injuries... Maybe the GM is tempted but I'm not sure the coaches are

18 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

If this even happens...... I would bet my left AND right nut the highest pick will be a 3rd.....even that is pushing it imo

So how do we make sure you follow through with this? As you know on TBD we like proof and can't take anyone's word for it...

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

If this even happens...... I would bet my left AND right nut the highest pick will be a 3rd.....even that is pushing it imo

Well get ready to cut them off unless the Bills are that dumb.

You realize the Eagles need this and want this way more than the Bills, right? They are in a NOW phase that should make them "overpay". As for the Bills, keeping the offense star and team captain could be a tad more important than settling for a mere 3rd round pick! If they want to protect Allen and not lose the locker room - all that worth more again than a measly 3rd round pick! The Bills already have plenty of picks and superstars like Shady don't come often.

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think it is a pipe dream that the Bills would get a 2nd round pick.  A 3rd is more likely, but I'm guessing it will fetch a 4th only given his age

No point in moving McCoy for a forth and please remember that the Eagles are the ones coming with hat in hand not the Bills.  The Eagles figure that McCoy is the piece that they need for a SB therefore  making him worth more.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Funny how folks can't see this.  The key phrase is "a guy you don't have to or want to trade."  The Bills have absolutely no need or desire to trade Shady unless somebody is offering something stupid.  He's a captain.  He's still capable of playing at a very high level on a team devoid of offense.  He has bought in to McD's culture.  He will help Allen.

My prediction is that this (trade) doesn't happen.

I hear ya, just it would be really tough if they offered a 2nd or better.....Which i don't think they will...

If the Bills don't get Philly's highest 2nd rd pick at minimum, the deal will not happen. 

Top RB, still has moves and has a contract that is very palatable for Philly to boot, and on top of that has familiarity with the team.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Ivory is in no way a replacement for McCoy.  Ivory is your grinder, the guy who can plunge into a mess and come out with 2-4 yards from nothing, just legs and grit.

Shady is the guy who can slither his way through the hole and be gone.

As a 1-2 punch they're terrific.

I will be very upset if the Bills trade Shady for anything, though I do understand if someone stacks up the coins high enough, almost anything has its price.

But if they let him go at any kind of fire sale discount I will be cussing.  A hot dog and a used pretzel?  Get Out of Town!

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ivory is in no way a replacement for McCoy.  Ivory is your grinder, the guy who can plunge into a mess and come out with 2-4 yards from nothing, just legs and grit.

I will be very upset if the Bills trade Shady for anything, though I do understand if someone stacks up the coins high enough, almost anything has its price.

But if they let him go at any kind of fire sale discount I will be cussing.  A hot dog and a used pretzel?  Get Out of Town!

Almost anything has it’s price...except a Franchise QB. Your don’t part with that. A difference maker like K. Mack might also be on the list, but it’s a short list, if the price is right. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Totally agree re: Ivory.

But I think Murphy can be a decent replacement for McCoy.  Let's not pretend this team is doing anything this year.  Not moving McCoy if someone wants to cough up a third, to me, would be irresponsible.

If they are willing to give up a day 2 pick, we should do it without thinking twice.

I think some people are overlooking that Shady could still be facing a suspension for the trouble that's gone on with his ex.  The league is wildly unpredictable when it comes to situations like that and I wouldn't be shocked to see him handed a 6 game suspension ala Elliott at some point.  I get the leadership Shady provides to the team, but I think most involved are pretty realistic about the situation.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So it's not happening. That's a crazy asking price.

No its not a crazy asking price. Its the bare minimum.. I can't believe anyone would think its a crazy price. Eagles are desperate to defend their SB season the Bills are not and have little motivation to make this trade unless its a great deal for them.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If the Bills FO trades their ONLY offensive player that has any chance to make a defense game plan for, then they should just be truthful to the fanbase and openly admit that the the current goal in 2018 is not to win games.  

And anything less than a 1st for Shady, to a team as desperate as the Eagles, should not be considered. 

• Like (+1) 1