Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Just now, BobChalmers said:

John Clayton is an idiot.

Yea I used to enjoy his segment on WGR, but the last 3 or 4 years I've listened to it he seems clueless. 

Seems like a nice enough guy, but his analysis seems like he's mailing it in.

Now that I think about it, maybe I've only listened to it for 3 or 4 years lol.

8 hours ago, PIZ said:

Besides picks or a pick, what would they have to offer?  OG?  C?  WR?  Maybe McDermott needs another DT?!?!?!?

8 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Peters for McCoy!  Send them both home!

I'm thinking any deal for Shady has to include that WR that said there's nothing to do in Buffalo.  Just as a kind of karmic b*tch slap

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Shady is our best player on offense.  Not sure how you think about letting him go.  Allen needs him.  

no kidding.
Draft picks are not a sure thing

proven this year.

bird in the hand  eh ?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

He didn’t actually say a 5th could get done. He speculated on radio about what it could take. There is a lot of “maybe” and “probably” And “something like that.” Clayton doesn’t appear to have any real info here.

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

F THAT.

i would never trade him.

unless he asked to leave and get his propers ( ring)
Dude has been a solid.

Never say never. How about, say....three first round picks? I skipped ahead to save time and avoid drama. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He didn’t actually say a 5th could get done. He speculated on radio about what it could take. There is a lot of “maybe” and “probably” And “something like that.” Clayton doesn’t appear to have any real info here.

still ,  phhhfffftt

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

nope.

i play hard ball.

in which years ? asking for friend

OK, first round pick in every year, for the rest of your life, then for the rest of the life of anyone you designate. You know, like Readers Digest $5k/month....but with draft picks! 

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, first round pick in every year, for the rest of your life, then for the rest of the life of anyone you designate. You know, like Readers Digest $5k/month....but with draft picks! 

how much time do i have to consider it?  i am a slow thinker, or so i have heard. perhaps.

10 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I'm ok with trading Shady.

Tactically, he will be in a walker before Allen hits his stride.

But we have to get something (or someone) worthwhile. We can't just trade Shady for the sake of trading him like we did Dareus.

why do we have to trade him? is this a game of marbles ? he is playing very very well.when the line gives him something anything ? 

why do folks want to trade our best player for some hope ? Trade Benji !! someone has to be that stupid to give a 4th

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

how much time do i have to consider it?  i am a slow thinker, or so i have heard. perhaps.

BUZZZZZZZ, too late! You could have made us perennial SB contenders, but we forgive you. You are one of us! 

12 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Beane trades him for a 5th I'll be pissed  I was thinking a 2nd

noted

Just now, Augie said:

BUZZZZZZZ, too late! You could have made us perennial SB contenders, but we forgive you. You are one of us! 

sh++t

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

why do we have to trade him? is this a game of marbles ? he is playing very very well.when the line gives him something anything ? 

why do folks want to trade our best player for some hope ? Trade Benji !! someone has to be that stupid to give a 4th

We don't have to trade him. I said I'm ok with it.

You listen to offers and if one is worth it you pull the trigger. Let's not pretend our 30 year old RB is untouchable.

9 hours ago, liverpoolkev said:

Whaley didn't draft EJ; Butler did. If Whaley was still here we would have had Mahomes or Watson without giving away our better players. Think about that while inaccurate Josh bless us with his inaccurate passing.      

Buddy Nix drafted EJ. Whaley made the trade out of the #10 spot where KC drafted Mahomes.

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

We don't have to trade him. I said I'm ok with it.

You listen to offers and if one is worth it you pull the trigger. Let's not pretend our 30 year old RB is untouchable.

agreed.
I have a mothering thing going on right now.

I love the little fellow

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Buddy Nix drafted EJ. Whaley made the trade out of the #10 spot where KC drafted Mahomes.

get over it. its a simple equation and you know it. McD wanted ( GM ) Mc Beanes to make the QB call. and rightly so imho

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s OK, still family. 

yes, yes we are. Thanks Brother Augie

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why yes, thank you for asking.  Please forgive me for saying it seems somewhat rude of you to enquire, as I don't think you really want to hear about it.

Please understand, this puts you so far ahead of me I just marvel at your stamina dealing with all of this! Never meant to be rude! 

My life consists of my son’s puppy peeing on my floors while he is on vacation in Greece.  I’m sure you win. My son wins. Hell, even the puppy wins! 

Edited by Augie

9 hours ago, MattyBills24 said:

A 30 year old running back with a high salary cap #? I'd be surprised if they could get anything more than a 4th for him, in which case it would not be worth trading him away. A 2nd round pick sounds like a pipe dream but if that happened that would at least make the trade defensible. Still don't like the idea of trading away our best offensive player when we're one game out of first place in the division.

IF they offer a 2nd, sign on the dotted line in a skinny minute.  He could get hurt in the next game.  He's probably only good for 8 more games max this year.  It gets worst next year.  We won't get anything then.  The Eagles want him bad.  Shady would love to go home.  Call'em now.  Josh needs to find friends his own age.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Can’t see a deal getting done.  Bills are rightly asking for a lot but Eagles would have to be hugely desperate to meet Bills’ demands.  

this sounds about right. i think we really like shady as an organization. and if you want him, you are going to have to pay for him. having said that...McCoy is a pa guy, and i believe playing for the Eagles meant more to him than a paycheck. so if he wanted to go back home to finish his career, possibly win a championship, and walk into the HoF as an Eagle...i would be fine with trading him. 

2 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

He's on the wrong side of 30, owed a decent amount of money and a known scumbag around the league.  No chance of the 3rd or a 4th.  Too many of you are emotionally tied into the guy thinking he has value.  I'm sorry to say he doesn't.  I wish they could get what some of you think they could.  It's entertaining how most of you are trading players like you're in Madden. 

If what you say is true, why trade him at all? We have a TON of cap space next year, Shady likes it here, he's a good guy, fans love him and we can put him in a rotation and get another 3 years out of him. Restructure his contract and use him as a 3rd down back like Darren Sproles. He has value to us, don't take a 3rd, 4th or 5th for him, we want him here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-eagles-2019-draft-picks/

Round How acquired 
 1 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Acquired from Ravens during 2018 NFL Draft 
 3 Eagles' own pick
 4 Eagles' own pick 
 5 (projected) Compensatory pick 
 5 Eagles' own pick 
 6 Eagles' own pick 
 6 (projected) Compensatory pick 
6 (projected) Compensatory pick 
 7 Either the Eagles' own pick, or the pick acquired from Broncos for Allen Barbre, depending on which one they traded during the 2018 NFL Draft (for Mailata), which has yet to be determined.
 7 (projected) Compensatory pick 

What I'm asking for if I'm the Bills (and I'm asking for more than what I think I'll get because you always anchor high in negotiations):

Bills get:  The better 2nd round pick  and the better 6th round pick

Eagles get:  Bills 3rd round pick

What I'd settle for: Bills get Eagles worse 2nd rounder and the Eagles get the Bills 3rd round pick.

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please understand, this puts you so far ahead of me I just marvel at your stamina dealing with all of this! Never meant to be rude! 

My life consists of my son’s puppy peeing on my floors while he is on vacation in Greece.  I’m sure you win. My son wins. Hell, even the puppy wins! 

Haha we are dog-sitting the neighbor's two dogs at the moment.  That's 284 aggregate lbs of canine.  The biggest of them, 130 lbs, looks like the Hound of the Baskervilles and has a fierce, deep bark when she's trying to run off the dudes replacing water mains on our street.

Then, when I grab her collar and tell her to hush, she crouches and pees submissively while whining.  Pees right on my feet if I don't dance 'em out of the way fast enough - you know, feet moving like MC Hammer.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1