Sure. Here's my top 10

1. horrible throwing motion

2. fumbling problem

3. int problem

4. small hands

5. utilizes the jump pass

6. only 2 yr starter

7. scared to throw at combine because he's not as good as others

8. completely outclassed in every way by Rosen in USC vs UCLA game and USC is a much better team (youtube it)

9. only played at USC because Rosen went to UCLA instead

10. how many good QB's come from USC?

Not saying he's not going to be good some day, there are better options is all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

How hilarious would that be if the Bills don't draft a QB in the top# 5 after all this and take Lamar Jackson at #22. Would this board burn down?

Like we were wearing gasoline boots and walking through hell. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

How hilarious would that be if the Bills don't draft a QB in the top# 5 after all this and take Lamar Jackson at #22. Would this board burn down?

I actually wouldn't mind that if we got a stud at 3. Although I would prefer to go after JR.

I like this trade.  If you go by the draft value chart 21 to 12 is 400 points which is about a mid round 2nd pick.      To move up to top 3 from 12, you would probably need to give away the 12, 22 and at least a 2nd rounder.   

Now getting to 3 is suddenly doable without forfeiting an entire draft.

Edited by dgrochester55

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If the 12th and 22nd get them up to 3rd for the QB, I love what they can get at 53, 56, 65 and 96--picks in that range generally are the backbone of a good team!     

I hate giving up Glenn with so little depth on the OL.  But if we get a guy like Price or another stud in round 2 it will be a coup... 

So little depth doesn't quite say it.........they have Jordan Mills at RT which is basically like having a turnstile if you have a Case Keenum or Sam Bradford type pocket QB...... and they just traded the most mobile QB in football which made things easier for Dawkins..........I hope that Connor McDermott is ready so they have even 2 capable OT's on the roster.    Maybe he is?  Pats reportedly wanted to pinch him back from the Bills........so maybe?:thumbsup: 

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's difficult for me to watch the front office make all these incredible moves, and then somehow think it culminates with signing Kirk Cousins.

The moves have been 2 fold.  They added picks but also cleared a ton of cap space.  Right now Buffalo can go whichever way they prefer.  If Cousins is their guy they now have the cap space to do what it would take.  They would also have a tremendous amount of picks to improve the overall roster.  Similar to what Philly did they can now get all the way to 1,2, or 3 for the QB they want.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

Bengals have our #21 pick and will probably take the player we want ahead of us...

I don't want the Bill's using #22 anywhere near a QB Draft Pick!

2014 1 22 Johnny Manziel
2012 1 22 Brandon Weeden
2007 1 22 Brady Quinn
2004 1 22 J.P. Losman
2003 1 22 Rex Grossman
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Let's wait two days and see if the Bills sign Keenum.   If they do, they probably aren't using #12 on a QB.   They might even trade back out of 12 for a later first and a second.  

Watching Bean these past few weeks, I'm not going to be surprised at anything.  

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that it means if Rosen gets into a situation he dislikes (he already pooh-poohed Cleveland) that he going to pull a Ryan Leaf.

I think if he doesn't want to come here he will have told them that at the combine.

And I don't hold it against him to want to avoid Cleveland.

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

same here.  I think Darnold needs to sit for a year or so.  His turnovers are concerning.  And I'm not overly impressed with Rosen.  He comes off as a guy that doesn't care about football that much, IMO.  And the concussions are a major concern.  

Sit him for who? I'm starting whatever shiny new rookie QB we want, and I'll be frustrated if we're not..

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

I like this trade.  If you go by the draft value chart 21 to 12 is 400 points which is about a mid round 2nd pick.      To move up to top 3, you would probably need to away the #22 and at least a 2nd rounder.   

The other aspect is the Bills get more future money.

McBeane can spend next March on the Pegula yacht sipping champagne and buyin' up Percy Harvin's with their $100M cap space.

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

I like this trade.  If you go by the draft value chart 21 to 12 is 400 points which is about a mid round 2nd pick.      To move up to top 3, you would probably need to away the #22 and at least a 2nd rounder.   

The chart is not binding law in terms of value.  I would prefer keeping 22 and send a second, the pick for Taylor, and something else IF the plan is to move up to 2 or 3.  

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

It's a good trade for Cincy too ... would you rather have a good NFL tackle or Mike McGlinchey?

Just gotta hope the Jets overspend on Cousins.

Giants will not make that trade - they will demand that Bills give them Billy Buffalo so their mascot can trample on him during half time every game.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The moves have been 2 fold.  They added picks but also cleared a ton of cap space.  Right now Buffalo can go whichever way they prefer.  If Cousins is their guy they now have the cap space to do what it would take.  They would also have a tremendous amount of picks to improve the overall roster.  Similar to what Philly did they can now get all the way to 1,2, or 3 for the QB they want.  

Yeah, but if you were going after Cousins, you'd rather have more picks, not fewer.   If they thought they'd get Cousins, why not give Cordy to Cincy for their second and then have SIX picks in the top 65?

I think this signals that they have a QB in the draft that they really want. 

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We still have #22 for Lamar Jackson.

Not saying its the case but Lamar has been mocked more than once to Zona who pick #15. If the Bills love the guy maybe that explains why they moved up to #12.

More likely they plan a further move up and have Rosen in their gunsites.

He's in good shape regardless now.   Has ammunition to move up and get a guy if he thinks there's a guy that's the long term future.  Can stay where he is if he thinks the talent of this class is equivalent and get his guy.  If he gets a young QB like a Keenum can use his picks for positions of need (Smith from Georgia at 12??).  Trade back and get more picks.

draft day will be interesting....

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Keep this up Beano.  You're lookin' better by the day.

Now we have to find a way of keeping Beane for the next 10 yrs. That 22 pick is as good as gone cause we're moving up even more.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

11 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I know I am not the only one who has had this thought, but man, this move has me thinking that the Bills have talked to the Giants, Colts, and Browns and have found out how far they are willing to drop in a trade down.  With what they learned, we got ourselves into that position and are firmly in the process of getting one of those top 3 picks.

Don't you hate the guy who says 'told you so'?   I told you so.  It's the giants at #2.  Could be Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.  It's Rosen.   After they pick Rosen, go back and read everything Mcbean has said.  It was right there in front of us.

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Let's wait two days and see if the Bills sign Keenum.   If they do, they probably aren't using #12 on a QB.   They might even trade back out of 12 for a later first and a second.  

image.jpeg.6cb642287ccc75857192b77ea6b83225.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Baker would be fantastic. Any of those 3, Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield and I will feel like we finally have a QB to work with. 

Allen has it physically, but mentally he doesn't see the game well enough for me to like him. 

I would also love Lamar Jackson, but he is a different type of player. 

Agree with everything you said...

Interesting note now:  Bills could stay at 12 and just draft whatever of the big 5 drop to them.  ONE or more will be at 12.  Although I feel like this move is to make trading into the top 10 more realistic, I wouldnt rule out staying put at 12 either depending how the draft falls.

For example:  If Cleveland really prefers Allen, they go Barkley #1 with the intent of taking Allen at 4.  Or here is a new wildcard wrinkle...what if Cleveland really covets Lamar?  Makes the the Tyrod trade make even more sense.  They could shock and take Lamar at 4, or trade back with say Jets and take Lamar there...that opens the path of 2 guys to potentially slide to us at 12 out of Darnold, Rosen, Baker, and Allen.  As two of those 4 are a lock for Denver and Jets, and if Cleveland by passes a QB in the top 4 or makes a surprise twist with Lamar either at 4 or in a trade down...then wow, we might get gold at 12.  Im not predicting the Lamar thing, but it isn't unrealistic either.  

Then even if a trade happens at 2 or 3...its more likely someone like Broncos or Jets leaping up to get their guy.  And they already pick 5 and 6, so doesn't really shake anything up ahead of our pick because its NOT a team behind us moving in front of us. 

So, one of the big 5 certainly to fall to us, and could be 2 even.  

So many possibilities...going to be an exciting draft.   Personally, I think Beane is still going to make another trade, but man so many things can change how this all plays out still.  VERY EXCITING time to be a Bills fan

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Shaw66, wow that's a different take, never occurred to me.  

My take is they are moving up the board in 2 steps to get their QB ala the eagles in 2016 when they snagged Wentz.  My take on FA QB is a McCown, Moore, Henne signing to be the sage to the youngster.  Rosen or Mayfield are likely to play early on in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

2016 Contract details by year 26 $3,000,000 $3,200,000 - $6,200,000 $36,000,000 $19,000,000($19,000,000)  
Pre-6/1 Release2016 Dead Cap: $36,000,0002016 Cap Savings: $-29,800,000 Pre-6/1 Trade2016 Dead Cap: $16,000,0002016 Cap Savings: $-9,800,000 Post-6/1 Release2016 Dead Cap: $23,200,0002017 Dead Cap: $12,800,0002016 Cap Savings: $-17,000,000 Post-6/1 Trade2016 Dead Cap: $3,200,0002017 Dead Cap: $12,800,0002016 Cap Savings: $3,000,000
2017 Contract details by year 27 $9,000,000 $3,200,000 $2,000,000 $14,200,000 $25,300,000 $11,000,000($30,000,000)  
Pre-6/1 Release2017 Dead Cap: $25,300,0002017 Cap Savings: $-11,100,000 Pre-6/1 Trade2017 Dead Cap: $14,800,0002017 Cap Savings: $-600,000 Post-6/1 Release2017 Dead Cap: $15,700,0002018 Dead Cap: $9,600,0002017 Cap Savings: $-1,500,000 Post-6/1 Trade2017 Dead Cap: $5,200,0002018 Dead Cap: $9,600,0002017 Cap Savings: $9,000,000
2018 Contract details by year 28 $9,250,000 - $2,000,000 $11,250,000 $1,500,000 $11,250,000($41,250,000)

WE made room guys.. but for what? Was this a move to move up in draft? or was this to open up cap space for something else big?

This is a win win