Did You Cry When the Bengals Won?

Gugny

Did You Cry After the Bengals Won?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Cry After the Bengals Won?

• Yes, I Cried
    • No, I Didn't Cry

Was at a NYE party, screamed a ton but didn't cry then...got back home around 1:30 and caught back up on Twitter at the same time the plane arrived and those videos came in which overwhelmed me to tears...so happy to see that locker room so amped up, gotta go kick Saint Doug's ass, let's get it!

I squealed like a 10 year old girl when they scored the touchdown.... when the Ravens failed on the 4th down I kinda sunk to my knees and I did have a little cry for a few seconds. I think it was pure relief actually at that moment. 

My personal drought is 15 years not 17 I began following the team in 2002. Next week I get to watch my Buffalo Bills play in a playoff game. That is an awesome feeling. 

• Like (+1) 2

Was in Nine Dragons restaurant at Epcot.  My daughter had the NFL package going on her phone, but it cut out right before the Dalton pass.  So I checked the si.com feed and saw they scored.  Whe it was over my daughter and I just hugged each other, and tears started to flow.  Her mom cried a bit too.  But her younger sister?  Still haven't got her to watch football.

Was watching the Bills on one TV, and Sunday Ticket on another tracking Bengals game.

Saw the 4th down TD and just stood there, still time on the clock.  Once the win was sealed, hell yes had some tears.  Ran around the house screaming, screamed at the top of my lungs on my front porch, then called my brother who lives in Maryland.  Hooting and hollering with him on speakerphone, while his wife and son laughed in the background at us.  His son is a diehard Ravens fan and said the loss didn’t matter anymore after listening to us!

Got a call from my son while he was at work.   He works at a bar, and you could hear hollering in the background.  What sucked is we couldn’t watch the game together because he was at work.  Just got seasons for the first time this year with him, and hope this is the start of something good for this team!

Surreal how we finally had things go our way.  What a great day!

Edited by davefan66

9 hours ago, McBean said:

I hugged my father in law, my wife, ran around screaming at the top of my lungs in the house.

How could that be?  

I saw you sitting in front of Terry Pegula.  

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

yes, I did shed a tear. it was only one tear but a tear none the less. 

12-31-17 will be a day for the ages.

GO BILLS!!!

Quick buy a lottery ticket

No, but I was yelling so loud and throwing my arms around like a madman that my kids were laughing at me and the dog was barking. I'm sure the neighbors could here me half way up the road. :thumbsup:

Like a baby...it was a very emotional year not having my Mom with me watching games like she had for all my life growing up and then the last 12 years once I moved back here...

I'd like to think she put in a good word with the man upstairs for us...

• Like (+1) 4

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

When the Bengals won the game, did you cry?

I screamed, ran through the house, got on my knees, laid on the floor belly down ... and I cried.  Then I called my mom and cried some more.

As I am at the end of most Bengals victories, I was just confused.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

No, not close to crying...but it felt very good.

I actually watched the dude catch the ball, evade tacklers, and run into the end zone kind of in a stunned silence for a moment as the play sunk in.  Like my brain couldn't process what I was watching. 

It happened quickly and was totally unexpected.  Caught me off guard.

After a few seconds and realizing what happened, I felt, more than anything, incredible joy.

did anyone else's directv feed cut out right before the play??  I was watching the bills game with sunday ticket streaming, they switched to bonus coverage of the bengals so I didn't change my feed.  It was 3rd and 15 or whatever and then the tv scrambles for like 5 seconds and then a direct tv error comes on the screen.  I waited for a minute thinking it would be a quick glitch and come back but it didn't.  As i grabbed for the remote I grabbed my phone at the same time to see what happened on 3rd down, which was like a 3 yard gain, and then all of a sudden the phone switches to say touchdown bengals!  and i yelled.  but by the time i got my direct tv back they were kicking the extra point.

WTF!!!

I accidentally NEARLY flipped a table at Outback Steakhouse... No joke.

We were celebrating my mom's birthday with a bunch of family & friends, and I couldn't pay attention to anything but the game. We're in Dallas, so everyone there were Cowboys fans (or in my family Redskins fans), and my obsession was actually infecting them. On the 4th & 12 play, I told everyone "THIS IS OUR SEASON, WATCH!"

The second Dalton completed that pass, I jumped up (my back was to the booth, but the other side was just chairs against a freestanding table), my knees hit the bottom of the table and knocked it up at least 2 feet!

Everyone's plates slid off, our bread went flying, and everyone looked up at the TV and started cheering when they saw him running it in for a TD! I yelled, then saw everyone in the restaurant looking at me, so I ducked down across the booth lol. Instead of our friends & family thinking I was an idiot, they were actually shocked & super thrilled, as my excitement was contagious. It was actually pretty awesome, as the rest of the night everyone from servers to random people in the restaurant came over to congratulate me (like I had any involvement lol) as it was obvious why I was so excited with my Bills hat, jersey, & new socks on (socks must be lucky!).

Edited by BigDingus

Definitely cried, but only afterwards when on the phone with fellow diehards.  I was about 5 beers deep at the time (went on to consume many, many more in celebration).  Also cried yesterday morning watching the locker room video and Sal's airport video.

GO BILLS!

I was too shocked after the Boyd TV to cry.   I mean on 4th and 12 Dalton hits him for a 49 yard TD?  That's a Hollywood script.

It really didn't hit me until I started watching all the videos of Bills fans celebrating and meeting the team at the airport.  

We may B word at each other all the time on this board with differing opinions but ultimately we all wanted this....playoff birth.  I know what happened on Sunday meant so much to all of you on this board, fans not on this board and Buffalo so that's when I got choked up.  Even with all of our differences in what is best for the Bills, we probably would all have hugged each other in tears/near tears if we were in the same room.