When did you know today's game was over?

Chicharito

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I'd love to know why they ruled him down and when? Was forward progress called? It seems they blew the whistle before he ever touched the ground.

Looking at both plays, the replay actually supported the case FOR a Benjamin TD and the replay on their 4th was not conclusive to overturn that 4th stop and make it a 1st. There was no clear view to show  that his knee was up or down in the mob. {Plays stands. But it was the Pats. That and and the lack of any meaningful call against them. Our penalties were game changers. 

The 1st and goal at the 10 and then the 8 yard loss on the screen play to DiMarco.  Was still 13-13 at the time. I knew when they just got the FG it was most likely over as they didn't get the kill.

Regardless they stopped them on 4th and goal next series.  Well technically they did, the powers that be thought otherwise 

LOL lots of funny answers but to me the Clay drop was pivotal.  Then to compound it with the KB no TD... Only the Patriots get these calls.

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

The 1st and goal at the 10 and then the 8 yard loss on the screen play to DiMarco.  Was still 13-13 at the time. I knew when they just got the FG it was most likely over as they didn't get the kill.

Regardless they stopped them on 4th and goal next series.  Well technically they did, the powers that be thought otherwise 

Man I hated that call.  Geez it was terrible.

When Benjamin was robbed (by the refs as usual) for the TD........and then the 4th and 1 when they didnt got for it......a game like this with everything on the line you gotta have some balls and go for it.....nope not our team.....

44 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

You have to wonder what possibly could have been on Taylor’s mind to do anything but throw the ball away for an incompletion on the DiMarco play

where on earth does he come up with these horrible ad hoc panic disasters?

• Like (+1) 1

When they were taking too long to decide that Benjamin's TD wasn't a TD.

I got the sense that the guy reviewing the play in NY was waiting to see a deposit into his bank account from Robert Kraft before making his decision.

I'm so sick of the blatant garbage in the WWENFL that I may not watch another game til preseason next year. I sure as **** won't watch another patriot game, their outcomes are too predictable.

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right after they gifted KB's touchdown away. We all realized we had to fight the refs too, and I think we really got demoralized. 

We lost by 21. That’s what many people will say. The call made no difference. 

To to that I say bull ****. 

But, whatever. 4 more years and I can legally have a drink with our playoff drought, so we have that going for us; which is nice. 

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I usually consider Patriot games an automatic loss from the get-go.

Even in games like today, I never really believed we had a true chance at winning.

Hardly ever do have a chance at winning against the Pats. Agreed. Always seems like the Bills have to play the refs also in some form or another.

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

At the national anthem when Taylor was standing there without the flu. 

Good one, agreed.

And who would be the starter?  Peterman would have gotten the Bills a top ten draft pick and no playoffs.  They had limited options.

Once we were insidd the Patriot 10 yard line on back to back possessions to end the first half and begin the second half and we got 2 FGs instead of 2 TDs...one on the Clay drop/Benjamin screwed over sequence and then Shady gets us inside the ten and we try some stupid trick play throwback screen to O'Leary that loses 9 yards on 1st down...

Could have went up by 2 TDs and put a lot of pressure on the Pats but we kept them in it and let the refs help work their magic... 

3 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Me when they handed the ball to Tolbert on 2&25. 

I'll do you one better, son............when TT actually put the team in the -25 yards from scrimmage to begin with.

TT was friggin disgraceful today.

Yeah, he had a couple of good plays, but when the game was wide open for us to finally take control in the 2nd half, he let them team down (yet again) by trying to be fancy in the backfield instead of just throwing the ball away.

TT has to go.

• Like (+1) 1

To win this game we would have to had played completely error free and converted every red zone trip into a TD. We failed to do that. The drop in the endzone by Clay? was a gut punch,  the Benjamin TD being overturned was a kick to the nuts but we were still looking good on that first drive of the 2nd half. The real momentum swinger was the 15 yard sack on TT. It killed the entire series right there. Probably one of TT's worst plays as a Bill.  Once they had us there the Pats D smelled the blood in the water. It was absolutely crucial we score on that possession and give our D some time to rest instead after the sack we have an absolutely incredible 2nd and 25 but here comes the call of the season from Dennison. A draw to Tubby Tolbert. Maybe Shady there might have caught them off guard but a big lumbering guy like Tolbert who even if he had the element of surprise on the draw would have been so slow that the defenders would have caught him before even 10 yards just finished us off. 2 supremely boneheaded plays in a row.

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I really think PI needs to be changed from a spot foul to a 10 yard penalty.  The current rule gives the officials too much power to decide the outcome of the game on what is obviously a judgment call that is applied in a totally inconsistent manner.  With some teams mysteriously being on the right side of the calls all the time, getting the calls and not getting called.  It seems lIke part of the playbook of some teams to 'draw' these fouls by chucking the ball downfield instead of something that happens as a result of the play, gaming the rules.  Brady certainly does this and to their credit it works.

As for plays that decided the game 15 yard sack, Clay's drop, bogus replay, and missed FG from 50 were it for me.

That sound like a good solution.

In practice i am afraid every defender will do PI on every throw to prevent the big play anytime it is even an inkling of being completed.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

4th and 1 at the NE 32 and McDermott elects to attempt the 50 yard FG instead of going for it.  Hauschka missed.  Game over. 

I agree but will also add.....I felt the game was over when Hauschka trotted onto the field. The result didn’t matter.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

As soon as we didn't go for it in 4th and 1 or whatever. Knew we were gonna miss that fg

Right then and there. What I said at the time: you know the Pats are going to score on every possession in the 2nd half. You need points, and a lot of them. Not just a chance at 3 points. I hate to say it, but the Pats proved me right, almost immediately.