Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

"99 bottles of beer" on the wall. Have a better chance then K Orton of going on that wall.

Maybe Aaron Rogers should be on the wall as well, as in, If Bills had drafted him when they had the chance, his stats would have been better then Kelly's.

Edited by cba fan

Maybe Aaron Rogers should be on the wall as well, as in, If Bills had drafted him when they had the chance, his stats would have been better then Kelly's.

They didn't have the chance. They had traded up for JP Losman the previous year.... giving up their 2005 1st rounder.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

:lol:

Heyyyyyyyy I just came by to say hello...

What are we talking about?

Hello!

We are discussing the 12-game HoF-worthy career of Kyle Orton, and why, for some incomprehensible reason, ignorant people do not want him on the Bills Wall of Fame.

In my opinion, consideration should go to Reggie McKenzie first, then Biscuit Bennett. Maybe Teddy Washington. Honestly I thought this was a joke. No offense, but I think that longevity of service to the team is part of the equation.

Longevity has no place in this discussion (with all due respect). That's like saying "he was greedy and wanted big money" should disqualify someone from consideration.

Performance on the field while playing for the Bills is the only stat that matters and on a per capita basis, Orton was heads and shoulders above the other scrubs we've seen in the last 15 years. As such, he commands serious consideration, dare I say, respect.

Typical argument when it comes to Orton. Don't be a hater.

Dude I loved Marrone more than anybody and was happy as heck when we got Orton...

But we can't put him on the wall of fame with Hall of Fame talents.

Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson should be the only 2 from the drought enshrined

* QBR of 87.8

Are we talking pre or post Tindale?

.....I think Gary Marangi has to go up before Orton............

Oddly enough, he's the reason I became a Bills fan.

I watched NFL as a kid because my father would bet the games, and it was the only time we could have the TV on during the day.

One day he had the Bills minus some points. The Bills were covering, but Ferguson got hurt and Marangi came off the bench. In what seemed like a matter of moments, he threw something like five passes, of which four were intercepted, of which two were returned for TDs and my father lost the bet, not something he took lightly at all.

My father said "The only good thing about that sonofabitcch is he's Italian. You watch...he'll be out of the league before you know it."

So I watched. And when they weren't on TV, I'd check stats, and before I knew it, he was gone but I kept following the Bills.

Curse you, Marangi.

You're kidding, right?

By that logic Butch Rolle should be on the The Wall because from 1987-1991 he caught 11 passes for the Bills and 10 of them were touchdowns and the Bills made the Super Bowl twice in that period.

Extrapolate those stats and the Bills would have been much better if they had thrown to him at least twice a game - imagine the points we would have scored!

You're kidding, right?

By that logic Butch Rolle should be on the The Wall because from 1987-1991 he caught 11 passes for the Bills and 10 of them were touchdowns and the Bills made the Super Bowl twice in that period.

Extrapolate those stats and the Bills would have been much better if they had thrown to him at least twice a game - imagine the points we would have scored!

fergy, I think we have our next thread!

92% TD efficiency!