Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

Show me another Bills QB who brought us closer to the playoffs in the last 15 years. I'll wait for your proof.... or your apology.

If Kyle Orton were on the Wall of Fame, you wouldn't be able to read his name, or jersey number because it would be obscured by the entire defense that carried him.

A poll is similar to watching a Progressive Insurance commercial. You say "I hate this commercial" and switch channels. By asking you to analyze the stats, you can't logically disagree with my argument unless you don't like ONE winning season in the midst of a sandstorm of mediocrity and failure. So there's the point: either say Yes or No based on our success for that season in 2014 (and keep in mind what we could have had if Orton started week one instead of EJ).

We weren't mediocre in 2014?

Edit: or rather, our offense wasn't mediocre in 2014?

Edited by Rocky Landing

How many games did he play as a Bill (asked the lazy guy)?

OK, I looked. You don't make it on the Wall for 12 games. It's not like he carried us to a Super Bowl victory in those 12 games. That's 75% of one season.

Edited by Augie

Ha! I wonder if this is where John Grisham got the idea for Playing For Pizza? The Browns missed the Super Bowl due to just such a performance and a QB is banished to semi-pro ball in Italy. Funny book...

Playing for Pizza

Great book. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

I liked how in the 4 games after he signed but before he started, he would stand on the sidelines holding a football. Coach, put me in.

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

It wasn't Kyle Orton who had us on the brink of the playoffs. It was the roster and coaching staff (including Dougie) of the 2014 Buffalo Bills.

And you'll have to clue me in on the math that makes 18:10 equal 2:1.

I get it, you're being sarcastic here, but in doing so you still fell prey to the belief that wins and losses is a QB stat rather than a team stat.

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

You must be joking, right? You can't actually believe this.

A guy who played less than a season for the Bills ... And that less than season wasn't even good. It was just slightly above average.

Guys, projected stats dont lie.

This is really such an easy call.

That's exactly what I've been saying. Even if you calculate an additional four games (wasted on EJ) and then re-extrapolate back to the Thad, Trent and Kolb years, you can conservatively assign Orton 4200 yds passing per season and anywhere from 25-30 TDs with 200-300 yds rushing. The fact that our front office failed to play him for those seasons between 2010-2013 isn't his fault. Guys here are just attacking him for having better stats during the last 15 years than any other team leader we've had at the helm.

10 pages really? For a guy who didn't show up till season started? for a guy who was here for 1 season? are you going to put every player who played 12 games on the wall?

STOP THIS IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!!

honestly people just haven't got any sense of judgement anymore.

10 pages really? For a guy who didn't show up till season started? for a guy who was here for 1 season? are you going to put every player who played 12 games on the wall?

STOP THIS IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!!

honestly people just haven't got any sense of judgement anymore.

Not saying he belongs in Canton. But it is called the "Wall of FAME" for a reason. "Fame" as in famous, well known, recognized for positive contributions. I would say having a winning season in the midst of a 17 year drought is the very definition of fame. You disagree. I respect that but his contribution to this team was a beacon of hope during a rather gloomy period of our franchise.

Guys, you have to look deeper than the surface here.

This guy was the face of the franchise for almost a whole season, and hes put up projected numbers that we havent seen here in decades.

Put personal feelings aside and look at the facts.

Not saying he belongs in Canton. But it is called the "Wall of FAME" for a reason. "Fame" as in famous, well known, recognized for positive contributions. I would say having a winning season in the midst of a 17 year drought is the very definition of fame. You disagree. I respect that but his contribution to this team was a beacon of hope during a rather gloomy period of our franchise.

the only thing I can say good about orton was he came in and replaced EJ. he did a fair job but I lost all respect for him when going for the slide before the 1st down marker. it was gutless play and to me it told me he wasn't willing to take a hit for the team.

that said, he does not belong on the wof, period.

Gotta give you credit for sticking with it, even though the argument has almost no basis for legitimacy at all.

Like to see there are still some captains that will go down with the ship, long after it was obvious it was going down.