Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

If we got him after his time in Chicago we'd have had multiple playoff appearances.

This

newton

15 games, 510 att, 270 comp, 52.9%, 3,509 yards, 19 td's 14 int's

luck

15 games, 545 att, 346 comp, 63.5%, 4,240 yards, 31 TD's, 13 Int's

orton

12 games to 15 games

15 games, 559 att, 359 comp, 64.2%, 3,772 yards, 23 TD's, 12.5 INT's.

those are considered two of the NFL's youngest and best per all those who like to run their mouth. Orton stacked up to them.

Orton playing like he did for us in 2016 would have garnered a pro bowl pick. stats better than newton who went and luck who should have went over newton.

Stats don't lie. Well done.

Wait for it....3,2,1...."but he slid short of the first down". It's coming.

I don't do these millennial acronym things. What is GFY? Is it go find Yoda? Do you think I'm Luke Skywalker? I like you. Are you single?

Good

For

You

https://www.google.com/search?q=GFY&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS764US764&oq=GFY&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

or it could be

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gfy

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Orton was the best QB the bills have had since Bledsoe. The 12 games he played in the 14 season was the best Bills team of the drought. He slid to avoid a sack, (just like most good QBs do) to live to play another down and not get hurt. Anyone acting like the guy was somehow a joke here is just kidding themselves. He was a better passer then anyone we have had here since Bledsoe.

That being said, people are actually answering this like the OP was serious and even getting upset over the question. Who can't understand that this was a joke?

Good god! I can't believe this idiotic thread is still going, while a player with actual credentials like Reggie McKenzie gets 9 yes's and dies. The mere fact of one year disqualifies him. Sustained body of contribution gets on the wall. Period.

But if you extrapolate his stats out over 9 full seasons you have an amazing body of work. That has to count for something.

But if you extrapolate his stats out over 9 full seasons you have an amazing body of work. That has to count for something.

Thanks for explaining this to the naysayers. Some of these guys will never comprehend how you have to judge a WOF candidate not just for his contributions to our team but his growth and professionalism overall (before and after his playing days with the Bills). Had he started from day one, we'd have multiple banners in our stadium.

...as I said, A Urinal Wall Plaque right next o Billy Joe Hobert's should take care of earned recognition.............

Billy Jo Hobert should be recognized with nothing more than a piece of paper taped to the wall next to the urinals. Low quality paper at that.

Edited by Koko78

You let one play make up your mind for you? Kelly lost 4 SBs, take his name down he was a failure.

This point could be made all day long...Kenny Davis was basically a back up RB and he's on the Wall. Same for Frank Reich and he lost a lot of games for us...he's up there. So Orton was our starting field general, brought us a winning season in the midst of a post season famine, yet he is deprived his rightful place in Bills football lore simply because he "slid his best" to get a first down? Sometimes sacrificing your body isn't enough I guess.

He should receive recognition for telling the truth instead of just using a sports cliche. Maybe a statue in front of the bathroom.

All these statue and urinal uphemisms makes me think you guys believe Orton had no motor. Marrone was gonna have Orton dabble in the read option, as I recall, but opted instead to utilize his arm (which was a smart call IMO). Still, when you consider his rushing yards on a year over year basis from 2007, he would easily surpass Tyrod in both yardage passing (that's given) and rushing.

I liked Orton A LOT while he was in Buffalo and was really disappointed when he decided to call it a day. I do believe that we would have made the playoffs if he had played the 16 games in 2014 but you just can't put a player on the wall of fame after only 12 games with the team. He was excellent even though he missed the whole training camp and didn't play at all during preseason but my answer is no.

Edited by Curt