Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

From Kyle Orton on the WOF straight to racism.

Is there anything racism can't do?

I think he's right to a certain extent. Racism is a preconceived notion about another based on religious or outward appearances without considering the background or achievements of that individual in a setting. Honestly, the Orton hate is real and not really racist but borders on it. What did Orton do to deserve this hate other than give us the taste of success we have been clammoring for well over 16 years?

Kyle Orton on the WOF is insanity that approaches the insanity of the racism oozing out of this nation since last week. Have you been so enveloped by the drought that you need to honor a player that was maybe a millimeter above mediocre?

I'm personally on the fence about Orton. He was the best leader the bills had during the current drought, but his tenure was short. Do we recognize short term brilliance? I haven't answered that one for myself yet. But, I do need to call you out for calling the OP a racist. I don't think he has shown any racist tendencies & I believe he would support Orton irregardless of his racial identity.

I think he's right to a certain extent. Racism is a preconceived notion about another based on religious or outward appearances without considering the background or achievements of that individual in a setting. Honestly, the Orton hate is real and not really racist but borders on it. What did Orton do to deserve this hate other than give us the taste of success we have been clammoring for well over 16 years?

You're trolling the wrong person, but I like your style.

That is not how sports works. Increase usage normally equates to less efficiency. At his age there is no way to know he could make it through a full season.

...and I already proved above that Orton's efficiency and potency as a passer (yardage) improved as the season progressed so with EJ's games (which our coaches deprived Orton of) would have gotten him off to a great start with even better stats than what he already crushed. I honestly don't get the criticism of Orton or the conclusory statement that he doesn't deserve recognition as a fame-worthy candidate.

Is Tyrod Taylor worthy of Wall of Fame?

...and I already proved above that Orton's efficiency and potency as a passer (yardage) improved as the season progressed so with EJ's games (which our coaches deprived Orton of) would have gotten him off to a great start with even better stats than what he already crushed. I honestly don't get the criticism of Orton or the conclusory statement that he doesn't deserve recognition as a fame-worthy candidate.

Week 1 after being on the team for 3 days of practice he performs better than EJ? Marrone never cared for EJ and I believe he played Orton that absolute soonest he could.

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

Someone spiked their coffee this morning

Is Tyrod Taylor worthy of Wall of Fame?

Week 1 after being on the team for 3 days of practice he performs better than EJ? Marrone never cared for EJ and I believe he played Orton that absolute soonest he could.

I already answered this. When Tyrod throws for 4100 yards, 26 or so TD's, gets us a winning season and garners the support of a community as a leader both on and off the field, then yes - he will have the same qualities as KO and should go on the wall.

orton-drunk-4.jpg

I think his alcoholism embodied the Bills and their fans over the past 18 year playoff drought. If anyone should be put on the wall, it is that guy. He really was to Buffalo as Manziel was to Cleveland, an accurate representation of an era.

Edited by Paulus

Can't believe this thread is still alive. Haven't read a post in this thread other than the OP. Do people really think Kyle Orton belongs on the wall of fame? Don't answer that, I won't be checking this thread again

Cool story.

But not as cool as Kyle Ortons stache.

Is this a serious question? I hope not.

The Wall of Fame is nothing to joke about. Neither is our only winning season in 15+ years. I guess some guys here don't recognize who made that possible. I would have left town too judging from the vitriole demonstrated in this thread for a guy who was nothing more than a professional doing his job...and he did it quite well.