Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

Oddly enough, he's the reason I became a Bills fan.

I watched NFL as a kid because my father would bet the games, and it was the only time we could have the TV on during the day.

One day he had the Bills minus some points. The Bills were covering, but Ferguson got hurt and Marangi came off the bench. In what seemed like a matter of moments, he threw something like five passes, of which four were intercepted, of which two were returned for TDs and my father lost the bet, not something he took lightly at all.

My father said "The only good thing about that sonofabitcch is he's Italian. You watch...he'll be out of the league before you know it."

So I watched. And when they weren't on TV, I'd check stats, and before I knew it, he was gone but I kept following the Bills.

Curse you, Marangi.

Ha! I wonder if this is where John Grisham got the idea for Playing For Pizza? The Browns missed the Super Bowl due to just such a performance and a QB is banished to semi-pro ball in Italy. Funny book...

Boy Fergy you really kicked the bees nest here haha

Even though what he did in his one season was good, I dont believe he deserves to be on the wall. If he goes up, then Stevie J should go up for being the only Bills reciever with 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and I dont think Stevie J should go up either

kyle-orton-celebrating-bills-win-over-de

B2X2pp9IgAA-zsE.jpg

Thank you for posting this. As others seem to think Orton was a "one hit wonder", this minda shows the passion he had for the game. I'm not saying he was NFL Hall of Fame worthy...but seriously...a guy that gave us a winning record during a tumultuous time in our history, a guy who gave up his physical well being while guys like Stephanie Gilmore were bull fighting WR's and RB's ("Olay!!"), a man who gave it one last go much like Jim Jeffcoat, Haslett and Phil Villapiano. These are the men who should be honored. I know Jack Kemp earned an AFL championship...but that was then and this is a much more complex league. Just look at the numbers. I may be a lone voice in the wilderness here...but it's a voice you all need to hear. If Orton played a full 16 games that season he would still be on our team and we'd have a few rings by now (and Sammy too).

Hello!

We are discussing the 12-game HoF-worthy career of Kyle Orton, and why, for some incomprehensible reason, ignorant people do not want him on the Bills Wall of Fame.

I never pay any mind to people who have no football IQ. That's why I come to TBD... Smartest fans in the world.

Although i didn't feel there was a need to even make this thread. Anybody with a pair of eyes or access to a radio (if they're visually impaired) during Orton's tenure here will know that him being on the WOF or not is not even a question.

This has to be a joke, no way Jose. LOL

So you're telling me that KO didn't give you the brightest glimmer of hope in the last 15 or 16 years? 9-7 didn't make you think "maybe...just maybe we have something here"?? There is not one other player who served success on a red, white and blue platter during that 15 year period and yet you gents laugh at him? No wonder he retired. I wouldn't sacrifice my back, body and mental fortitude for a bunch of MMQ's like you fellas.

Great post, BBF. Made my afternoon.

I've enjoyed watching you shoot the fish in the barrel and will no doubt continue to enjoy it as more swim by (though I'm a little terrified of what appears to be the average intelligence of posters - good God!).

I mean seriously. There was only ever one response to the post and 26CornerBlitz nailed it immediately. People need to chill.

How is this not a poll?

A poll is similar to watching a Progressive Insurance commercial. You say "I hate this commercial" and switch channels. By asking you to analyze the stats, you can't logically disagree with my argument unless you don't like ONE winning season in the midst of a sandstorm of mediocrity and failure. So there's the point: either say Yes or No based on our success for that season in 2014 (and keep in mind what we could have had if Orton started week one instead of EJ).