Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

The Wall of Fame is nothing to joke about. Neither is our only winning season in 15+ years. I guess some guys here don't recognize who made that possible. I would have left town too judging from the vitriole demonstrated in this thread for a guy who was nothing more than a professional doing his job...and he did it quite well.

I understand what you are saying and as a great admirer of Orton (Kyle not Randy) I think we should at least make sure that it is known we had a winning season in 2004, so that would be 13 yrs ago, I don't want people to attack your post based on that math error rather than the overarching theme of Orton and all that he did for the bills

Edited by Bray Wyatt

I still have the vision of Orton sliding short of the 1st down. That play--his short tenure here--and lack of playoffs precludes him from the Wall. We have had better players in the losing seasons that deserve to be on the Wall.

What is this repetitive argument about his slide short of 1st down marker?? The behind the scenes story I heard from a coaching source who was there said that Marrone was yelling from the sideline "Get down! Get down!" and Orton followed his coaches advice. Now I don't know why Marrone told him to get down at that moment (one yard short of the first down) but he couldn't disregard his coach's directions. So that's another feather in Orton's cap...listens and executes the play calling and coaching.

Fergy...I sincerely ask you if you are serious about this thread or if you are just having fun with it. You can PM your answer and I promise I wont share. I just can't for the life of me believe there is any authentic or sincerity to this thread, and if there is, I just don't really know how to respond other than :huh::blink:

Fergy...I sincerely ask you if you are serious about this thread or if you are just having fun with it. You can PM your answer and I promise I wont share. I just can't for the life of me believe there is any authentic or sincerity to this thread, and if there is, I just don't really know how to respond other than :huh::blink:

:lol:

He sacrificed precious time with his new born to bring us to our finest seasonal record during the drought. He is a man of high moral character and family values. That's the kind of character we want on the WOF. Orton donated over a million dollars to the air force veterans memorial in Colorado Springs after seeing their show in Denver. He also works with to help homeless vets who are down on their luck. Lastly, he has been an advocate for military wives educational stipend since 2008. Finally, he helped to find homes for abandoned pit bulls called Kyle's Pits.

Edited by leonbus23

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

No

He sacrificed precious time with his new born to bring us to our finest seasonal record during the drought. He is a man of high moral character and family values. That's the kind of character we want on the WOF. Orton donated over a million dollars to the air force veterans memorial in Colorado Springs after seeing their show in Denver. He also works with to help homeless vets who are down on their luck. Lastly, he has been an advocate for military wives educational stipend since 2008. Finally, he helped to find homes for abandoned pit bulls called Kyle's Pits.

Do you mind if I copy and paste this to the original post? These are the types of criteria that matter (not sure OJ ever did these types of charitable acts and his ass is up there).

This is such a tired thread. Of course he deserves a spot on the Wall. The real debate is whether he goes into Canton as a Bill.

I can appreciate how you've considered all the stats, history, character, community support...I say Orton falls somewhere between Favre and Marino in terms of all time greats and the other traits referenced above. But I'm not there yet on putting him in Canton. What I fail to comprehend, though, is why he can't find a place on New Era's Wall of Fame. I guess guys want to wait for the messiah some draft year but what those TBD members fail to appreciate is we had the Messiah here three years ago and we ran him out of town. I guess we can't have nice things.

I can appreciate how you've considered all the stats, history, character, community support...I say Orton falls somewhere between Favre and Marino in terms of all time greats and the other traits referenced above. But I'm not there yet on putting him in Canton. What I fail to comprehend, though, is why he can't find a place on New Era's Wall of Fame. I guess guys want to wait for the messiah some draft year but what those TBD members fail to appreciate is we had the Messiah here three years ago and we ran him out of town. I guess we can't have nice things.

That low? What'd he do, impregnate and abandon your sister?

Thought this thread was a joke.

Orton had a subpar year and lead the 26th scoring offense that had an elite defense.

It was the plays toward the end of the game that mattered most. The rocket passes to Sammy and Hogan. The quick thinking and fast reflexes. Not to mention EJ played 4 games and contributed to our lowly offensive rank. If Orton had those four games instead of EJ our offense would have been Top 8-10.

Do you even extrapolate, bro?

This

It was the plays toward the end of the game that mattered most. The rocket passes to Sammy and Hogan. The quick thinking and fast reflexes. Not to mention EJ played 4 games and contributed to our lowly offensive rank. If Orton had those four games instead of EJ our offense would have been Top 8-10. This

But Tindale first right?

Yes. I say there's good reason to have him up there.

* Name another Bills QB who had us on the brink of the playoffs in the last 12 years.

* 12 games played for 3018 yards (extrapolate those numbers to a full 16 games and we're talking 4000 yards in a full season)

* QBR of 87.8

* 15 rushes, 14 yards with a long of 10 yards in 12 games (extrapolate that to a full season and he would have easily had over 100)

* 18 TD's and 10 INT's is a ratio of 2 to 1...extrapolate that over a full season and he would have had 24 TD's

* Mental toughness and team leader

* If we had him as a rookie in 2005 he probably would have surpassed Kelly (or come close) if you extrapolate his stats from 2014 over the course of nine NFL seasons.

I'm not saying he is a lock to get a place on the stadium Wall of Fame, but the team should give full consideration to his credentials both as a player and team leader considering how he came in a led our team to its best record in a very long time.

Hmm. That is a thought is never had. I don't think so. One reason: he was a chicken.