Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

It was beyond predictable that so many of you would act as if you all thought Xavier 160 lb Worthy was the next Randy Moss just as soon as KC picked him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Beane must be BEYOND comfortable with his job security. 

Not even an extra pick.. just moved up a round on two of our picks. 

The Bills have acquired picks 32 (R1), 95 (R3) and 221 (R7) from KC in exchange for picks 28 (R1), 133 (R4) and 248 (R7).

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

Especially when we got practically nothing for it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Folks...think this through.  The Bills obviously were not going to take Worthy.  It's likely he would have fallen to the Chiefs anyway and the Bills get a 3rd rounder in the process.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

You let the Chiefs jump us for a swap of 1sts and 7ths and a 3rd for a 4th?  This is absolutely dumb AF.  I no longer trust the process. 

If we still get our guy it isn't horrible, to be honest I like it. Of course I admit not a fan of Worthy.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Baba Booey said:

Pegula should fire everyone tonight!! Trade with Chiefs! Are you fing kidding me!!!

He probably isn’t even aware of what we did.  Busy polishing the yacht ;)

Beane had to know who they were taking.....had to.  This is the moment that Beane's job and his seat had the fire started under it.  If he turns into the next Tyreek Hill, they continue to beat you, and you traded them the pick to allow them to do it, you are out.  I'm sorry.....you are out if that happens.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Hahahahahaha this organization is a clown show. We would be the Buffalo Sabres if not for Josh Allen.

***** McDermott, Pegula, Beane, and anyone here that continues to defend these losers.

Edited by Lionel Hutz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Beane shat all over himself.  That’s a terrible return to allow KC to go ahead and grab the receiver that THEY want.  Jesus.

Broken down as an even trade. 

Can’t lie… I feel like you should make rivals pay a bit of a premium, not “fairsies” like we’re buddy buddy with them. 

Maybe we just wanted to get out and had zero desire to ever take Worthy but yeesh…

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Got a 3rd and moved up in the 4th and 7th...

Is this true? That's great! I wasn't high on worthy and I'm stoked to get a 3rd.

Only downside is I think worthy is suited for their system.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Trading to let Reid get his choice of wide receivers when our biggest need is WR

bold strategy cotton. 

I"m really curious to know who the  Bills think will replace Stefon F-ing Diggs this year, b/c we have nothing CLOSE ON THE ROSTER right now.

We are running out of opportunities here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Oh, this board is gonna be FUN all day tomorrow. Especially if we still take DeJean at 32. 😬

it should be.  this is absurd.  Worthy is like Tank Dell.  Why did we give an offense we have trouble with more weapons?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Analysts are just destroying this trade. 

“Very very confusing move by the Bills”.

I may have lost my last shred of hope in this front office. The Chiefs have routinely bested us in roster building and playoff success and you TRADE WITH THEM?

If Worthy becomes the next Tyreek (I have my doubts), we will never live this down. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2