Diggs traded to Texans for picks

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Draft two guys early and then with Diggs, pretty much, off the books next year and 10M freed up on 6/1.. maybe we have another Hopkins-type watch this Summer.

hopefully this one does not end up with us signing a DL instead of a WR

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

why is everyone acting like we're taking an additional 31 million?  It's an additional 3-4 million hit.  That's it. 

You're right. Just sucks to be eating 31M in cap for someone not even contributing to the team. But if he was starting to be more of a problem than an asset you have to get rid of him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

You can just move it again - or the first in 2025 - to get players in this draft.  

I think if you move the 1st having 2 2nd's will definitely make it easier. But I don't think the one 1st gets you to the top 3 WR's in this Draft... And trading a 1st and a 2nd next year is a lot... Even if it's a down year because rookie deals are still really important to keeping the cap in line. I don't know... I've never been a trade up guy so... Anyway... We'll see...

• Like (+1) 1

Would y'all rather trade up in a massive move for a Nabers, Harrison, Odunze then take another guy mid-rounds or use a pick next year to move up and double dip on say a Xavier Legette and AD Mitchell?

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

Brady just going to run Allen into the ground, that was his entire game plan last season and Bills gave him a contract.

They were 6-6.. if you lose any of the remaining 5 games they would have missed the playoffs.  You do what you have to in that scenario.  

1 hour ago, Cash said:

We'd better not sell off next year's #1 to move up for a WR.  This could be a down year (so could any year, if Allen gets hurt) and our 2025 #1 could be in the teens instead of the twenties.

Excellent and reasonable point….. but half this board wants to trade the farm away for a single rookie WR 😒

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I still think Diggs is better. Put Diggs on that team with all those HOF, what’s it look like? No slight on Reed…Diggs to me is the best we ever had

The return address on Andre's note was "Canton, OH"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

The Bills offense will look different. Brady was already transitioning to more of a short passing game. We have two very good tight ends and a good pass catching running back. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bills go defense in this draft, trying to catch up with the Chiefs. 

LOL, it has to look different.  And yes, you hit the nail on the head, Brady was focused on a short passing game, but that isn't Allen's strength.  It might also explain why Davis' targets dropped by 30%.  

The question is why.  The answer is because Brady fed into McD's "complimentary football" approach, or his definition of it anyway.  Many don't want to see that however.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrBob806 said:

Not quite on the OBJ level of annoyance, but real, real close

Would Diggs be gone if he was a not such a headache, that's the question. If no, then it's a bad deal. Whenever you have to unload a talented player because of his antics, you usually get fleeced. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Their defense 

Thanks!

Now, part 2, what was different about their defense through the playoffs than ours through any playoffs?  

5 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yea with all the bad WRs coming out of LSU the last couple of years. 

joe burrow elevated the game of a few of them and they grew together. what a powerhouse for a few years but beyond that, honestly... meh.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I still think Diggs is better. Put Diggs on that team with all those HOF, what’s it look like? No slight on Reed…Diggs to me is the best we ever had

I don’t think diggs is the same when he’s not the main dude though which seems to be the issue imo…I’m really interested to see what happens in Houston where he likely isn’t the first option 

putting him on a team with other great offensive weapons seems to take away from diggs somehow 😂. Just my opinion though

2 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

So how long until Diggs starts making cryptic comments about Stroud?

Don’t they have to be best friends with special handshakes first?

2 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

So how long until Diggs starts making cryptic comments about Stroud?

Diggs is going to be SOLID this year. A motivated Diggs is a force. 

That's agnostic of my feelings on the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

LSU has put a ton of WR talent in the league the last few years, I want some of that 

Chase and Jefferson are not in this draft. Chark maybe equal to Neihbors. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Guys, just relax.......you know Beane has a plan.

If you've been a fan of this team for even 20 minutes, you know that something is cooking behind the scenes.

Diggs gone?......i could honestly care less and it couldn't have happened soon enough.

It's funny cause everybody wants change and then when it happens, holy ****, the sky is falling.........it's not.

This is a good day....trust me.

Watch what ole Beane has up his sleeve.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

He was a really good WR for us most of the time

Not sure we will miss playoff Diggs and his 21 yards against the chiefs last year. Or the 35 yards against the Bengals in 2022. Or the 7 yards agains the chiefs in 13 seconds (he did catch the two point conversion then at least)

Good luck Stef

Edited by LEBills

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Would y'all rather trade up in a massive move for a Nabers, Harrison, Odunze then take another guy mid-rounds or use a pick next year to move up and double dip on say a Xavier Legette and AD Mitchell?

In a vacuum I'd prefer to double dip but I don't want to go into the season without an established presence in that room.  

So I guess I want a trade up.  I see them going Brian Thomas and then drafting another in the 4th, along with some kind of veteran trade or signing.

• Agree 1

I think I am going to go to the bills texans game in houston.  It's going to be fun.  Can't wait till Diggs talks crap about allen for the 6 month lead up to because that is what will get him the most attention.