Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

6 days between games for the Bills (assuming a win) and 8 days for whoever comes here (cle, Hou, or kc).

Let the adversity continue!

Your right…rather play in one of those crap show weather games where a broken play and three missed field goals decides it

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta think it perhaps lessens the number of Steelers fans who can show up as well (hard to get off of work and travel state lines on a random Monday).

Would be easier for Bills fans to leave work a bit early and drive across town.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Wild card weekend is the only playoff round with Monday games, correct?  I.e. no chance that divisional round between winner of Chiefs-dolphins and Bills-steelers would be played on Monday?

correct.  Divisional Round is Sat-Sun (2 per day), and the Championship games are both Sunday 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not really. They can start prepping a basic gameplan. Tip it more to the home favorite and adjust if needed. Gives them a chance to self scout as well a bit. They also get the extra time to rehab players. An extra session or 2 is a difference. By the same token, anyone from the Bills dinged up gets less time to rehab. 

Well, they already had one day.  They are only getting one day extra to prep.  I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Just now, Einstein said:

Gotta think it perhaps lessens the number of Steelers fans who can show up as well (hard to get off of work and travel state lines on a random Monday).

Would be easier for Bills fans to leave work a bit early and drive across town.

federal holiday though, tons of people have off

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Fish fans don’t get it. Bills fans weren’t bitching about the Bills having to play in the heat. We were bitching about Miami’s sideline being in the shade and the visitors sideline being in the direct sun.

That’s a very unfair advantage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, phypon said:

Well, they already had one day.  They are only getting one day extra to prep.  I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Yeah, extra time for a guy like Andy Reid can't lead to anything positive, right? I'm sure he'll waste the day away. 🙄

Just now, PastaJoe said:

Now the NFL should do the right thing for football fans and move the Miami-KC game to 1 pm Sunday on CBS. It’s also a bad weather situation.

It is a totally different situation.

Just now, PastaJoe said:

Now the NFL should do the right thing for football fans and move the Miami-KC game to 1 pm Sunday on CBS. It’s also a bad weather situation.

just really cold and a little windy, correct?

Or are you saying that tongue-in-cheek to lessen the rest advantage that KC will have assuming they win tonight?

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

But think of it this way. It gives us a better chance to advance to the next playoff game, by allowing us to run our normal offense.

I think the Steelers being completely neutered by Rudolph would’ve been better for us. The Steelers win with an oddball explosive play not by running 300 times

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

While I agree, I wonder if they would, since it's less than 12 hours from kickoff.  

• Agree 2

Just now, NoSaint said:

I think the Steelers being completely neutered by Rudolph would’ve been better for us. The Steelers win with an oddball explosive play not by running 300 times

People kept saying this but then I read the Steelers forum and they say he has a strong arm and they have no concern with him being able to move the ball in the wind. I have no idea what to believe. I have watched so little of him.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

just really cold and a little windy, correct?

Or are you saying that tongue-in-cheek to lessen the rest advantage that KC will have assuming they win tonight?

I’m serious, but more so to get the game off of Peacock.

11 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Wild card weekend is the only playoff round with Monday games, correct?  I.e. no chance that divisional round between winner of Chiefs-dolphins and Bills-steelers would be played on Monday?

Theoretically, that could happen, but doubtful it does.

Just now, Einstein said:

People kept saying this but then I read the Steelers forum and they say he has a strong arm and they have no concern with him being able to move the ball in the wind. I have no idea what to believe. I have watched so little of him.

He does have a strong arm, but his deep ball has a lot of loft and air under it.  Likely it would have been impacted by high winds.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PastaJoe said:

I’m serious, but more so to get the game off of Peacock.

Would never happen.  If the NFL for whatever reason did move the game in KC, it would be a Sunday game on Peacock.  They paid for it.

Notice that ESPN, which has the MNF rights, didn't get the Bills game.  CBS still has it because they paid for it.

And the chiefs will have an extra day of rest if we play them again. It’s just comical. These guys approved of a new outdoor stadium in Buffalo New York and then postpone games when weather hits. Just put a damn roof on it then. I understand the game would be a mess, but it just seems ridiculous.   And they’re ok with playing the game in kc at -30 wind chill with fans there?? Yeah ok

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

Wonder how many of those Sabres fans going to the game at 1 PM on Monday are just going to forget that all together and go to the bills game.

Perhaps the Sabres will move the game back to noon.

if we get the storm expected, i dont see how we play Monday either.

As we all know, its not like the day after a snowstorm is guaranteed to be better than the day it occurs.
The roads will still be snow covered, stadium full of snow, Gonna be tough for everyone to reach the place after the expected comes.

I dont disagree with their decision necessarily, if anything they likely shouldve moved the game UP to today yesterday, knowing this was a possibility

Oh well, GO BILLS

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

And the chiefs will have an extra day of rest if we play them again. It’s just comical. These guys approved of a new outdoor stadium in Buffalo New York and then postpone games when weather hits. Just put a damn roof on it then. I understand the game would be a mess, but it just seems ridiculous 

I’m pro roof

but roof has nothing to do with this one.  The 19 yr old stuck in a ditch with her crap Kia is just dangerous. And emergency service can’t reach her

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

The amount of people complaining about one day of rest is ridiculous. Who cares? It's going to be blizzard like conditions tomorrow. Passing would be impossible. We easily could have lost. Then we'd have 250 days rest!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.