Bill Belichick officially done in NE

DJB

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

He did a fantastic job for decades.  Interested in seeing what he does next.

He did a fantastic job when had Brady.  Unfortunately he was on the other side of the tracks, not even achieving mediocre, when he didn't.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

yea the unspoken truth of the success of the patriot way is essentially don’t let the other 52 lose the game for you and have a qb that can win any and every game for you. 

but Mac Jones will lose games for you. Really, most qbs will do that. They need to acknowledge the real patriot way if they are going to fix the result 

In the early years Brady was a game manager. They won 3 super bowls without asking him to go out and win games. Patriots were all about tough D and a ball control offense.   It wasn't until later on that Brady was stealing games. 

Hard to believe that the football coaching ranks will be without Saban, Belichick, and Carroll next season.  

Saban coached from 1973 - 2023, HC 1990 (Toledo) and then HC 1995 to 2023 (4 stops - MSU, Dolphins, LSU, BAMA), 7 National Championships

Belichick coached from 1975 - 2023, HC Browns (1991-1995), Pats (2000-2023), 6 Super Bowl Wins

Carroll coached from 1973-2023, HC Jets (1994), and HC 1997-2023 (3 Stops, Pats, USC and Seattle), I Super Bowl win

Didn't realize that Carroll was the Bills Secondary Coach in 1984.

I can't remember 3 more successful coaches "retiring" at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

It’s going to be a tuff sell for Vrabel imo. He already sunk because he didn’t have a legit starting QB. NE same scenario.

yeah, Vrabel did a good job with what he had a QB, but a place like the Chargers would be better for him.  

That said, whoever takes over in NE will likely have a long leash.  It's almost a total offensive rebuild.  Might want to look for one of the hot OCs that are out there.  That said, I hope they make a bad choice! 

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm open to hearing how it's ridiculous.  He is 63-75 without Brady.  

My point went right over your head.

With Allen BB will likely bring the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo. 

BB + Allen = Lombardi Trophy

McD + Allen = 44% playoff record

• Eyeroll 1

As much as I'm relieved that the days of Belichick owning us are over, it's kind of a sad. He was the greatest coach I ever saw in any sport, and I don't think I'll see his like again. It was easy to hate him as a rival, but we would have loved to have him here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

With what QB? Lol..yeah no

We have a top 3 pick.. very well could get one of the top two QBs. 

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, Vrabel did a good job with what he had a QB, but a place like the Chargers would be better for him.  

That said, whoever takes over in NE will likely have a long leash.  It's almost a total offensive rebuild.  Might want to look for one of the hot OCs that are out there.  That said, I hope they make a bad choice! 

Kraft has chosen well since he took over:

Tuna, Carroll, and BB. 3 HOF Coaches, I can’t remember if he brought Tuna in or inherited him though, but still a decent record.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

😂😂😂

"Bill, this is the biggest news of the year so far. We've all been waiting for this moment ever since the story broke. Now, finally you can tell the world, why are you leaving?"

{pause}

"We're onto Cincinnati"

• Haha (+1) 1

Kraft is honorable (away from massage parlors).. They framed this as a "mutual" parting of the ways and Kraft didn't think it was the right thing to do to make Bill part of a trade transaction. All well said but this was a firing. 

There was a QB named Tom Brady

His head coach was named Billy B

On opponents they spied

And for calls he once cried 

And now both are out of the league

He let his dog make some draft picks

Of opponents he took secret flicks

Then Brady left Boston

And Mac couldn’t toss ‘em

So he’s leaving Foxbourgh real quick

9 hours ago, Drifter said:

Vrabel is the logical choice to replace him. If his future teams are like the Titans in the past, they will be annoying to play against. 

Annoying, but not dangerous.

No one should be afraid of a Vrabel coached team.

• Agree 1

"mutually agreed?"  What really happened?   Robert Kraft said to Belichick, "We won't use the word 'fired' and you can go quietly, or we can do it the other way.  It's up to you."  Belichick to Kraft, "(mutter, mutter, mutter) I suppose so."

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

My point went right over your head.

With Allen BB will likely bring the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo. 

BB + Allen = Lombardi Trophy

McD + Allen = 44% playoff record

What's the proof allen is as good as brady? BB's philosophy is to give his qb nothing on offense and spend everything on defense. Allen needed Diggs to win anything and hasn't even broken any passing record. Brady made it work with scrubs here and there only to break every passing record when he got Moss. Allen has also led the league in turnovers and has shown no clutch gene in the playoffs. If you used Mahomes as example maybe you'll have a point, but Allen? Lmao

Edited by MafiaMio

25 minutes ago, MafiaMio said:

What's the proof allen is as good as brady? BB's philosophy is to give his qb nothing on offense and spend everything on defense. Allen needed Diggs to win anything and hasn't even broken any passing record. Brady made it work with scrubs here and there only to break every passing record when he got Moss. Allen has also led the league in turnovers and has shown no clutch gene in the playoffs. If you used Mahomes as example maybe you'll have a point, but Allen? Lmao

I'll give you that Mahomes is better than Allen. 

I think Allen is a top 3 QB and match that with BB and I think that's a winning combination. I never implied Allen is as good as Brady. I do believe Allen is good enough to lead a Bills team to a SB with the right coaching. 

I think you are really selling BB short here. The guy is unquestionably a very smart football guy. What worked for him and Brady doesn't necessarily equate to him and Allen. 

I believe BB has the ability to adapt, get Allen weapons, protection, etc ...The guy is a proven winner with 10 freaking SB appearances and winning 6 of them. Of course, the argument will be it's all Brady but that's just not the case. It was a great marriage sort of speak. 

I firmly believe BB with his experience and a QB like Allen can lead the Bills to the SB within 3 years. I cannot say the same about McD. 

I wouldn't mind taking a shot with the soon to be winningest coach in the NFL who owns 6 rings. Feel free to disagree. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The Evil Empire is officially over.

It ended for me in that playoff game.

That was probably the greatest catharsis I've experienced.  Just putting 20 years of torment to rest, definitively and without any doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if he decides to retire or coach another team.  He would certainly get multiple offers.  I dunno if Vrabel goes there or not but he should get another job too.  Vrabel should have never been fired IMO.

Disclaimer: have not read the thread yet so I don't know if anything I said was already found out or not.  Had a hell of a day today as my motherboard fried so I spent all day rebuilding my computer ugh.

13 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Hope the patriots truly sink into irrelevancy now. Although they probably hire Vrabel who will be a great fit up there 

Without a QB, he'd be in a worse position than he was in Tennessee.  There's no prime Derrick Henry in NE.

Possibly the greatest coach in NFL history.  I know, I know. As a Bills' Homer I'm supposed to hate him but the guy was something special.

He's got 8 Superbowl rings and he did it in the time of free agency, no less, when dynasties just don't last.

He designed the Giants' D that held the K-Gun to 19 points in the Bills' first Superbowl loss.

No doubt that Brady helped his coaching and helped alot but Belichick saw something in Brady and drafted him and got him in the 6th round no less.

Hopefully his next coaching job is not in the EC.

I believe I heard he desperately wants to break Shula’s record. He despises him base on a comment Shula made about him. He had to figure he was not going to do it in NE.  He needs to string together multiple 10 win seasons.  He will need a team with a established QB.  He will not have enough time to build one up.  

I can't stand the hype this clown is getting...like he retired.

HE WAS FIRED!

Belicheat wants to break Don Shula's all-time win record by getting 15 more wins. I think we all see now that it was QB Tom Brady that was the force that drove that dynasty. Without Brady is he even an average NFL head coach? ...he sucks. 8-9 last year, 4-13 in 20-23. The equal of Nate Hackett. 🤪

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll give you that Mahomes is better than Allen. 

I think Allen is a top 3 QB and match that with BB and I think that's a winning combination. I never implied Allen is as good as Brady. I do believe Allen is good enough to lead a Bills team to a SB with the right coaching. 

I think you are really selling BB short here. The guy is unquestionably a very smart football guy. What worked for him and Brady doesn't necessarily equate to him and Allen. 

I believe BB has the ability to adapt, get Allen weapons, protection, etc ...The guy is a proven winner with 10 freaking SB appearances and winning 6 of them. Of course, the argument will be it's all Brady but that's just not the case. It was a great marriage sort of speak. 

I firmly believe BB with his experience and a QB like Allen can lead the Bills to the SB within 3 years. I cannot say the same about McD. 

I wouldn't mind taking a shot with the soon to be winningest coach in the NFL who owns 6 rings. Feel free to disagree. 

I disagree with Allen. Mahomes has won more because of his head coach Andy Reid. Without Reid I don't see Mahomes developing like he has...btw what happened to him this season? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.