Allen shoulder injury

HappyDays

29 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Or the lottery numbers?

Somebody in  WNY  does. A person won $1M  in Saturday's Powerball. Was at the Wegman's  on Dick Rd. in Cheektowaga/Depew.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems to make sense both him and Diggs are hurt at some level. 

How can we blame McD for this news.  There must be a way.  Clearly not preparing his shoulder each week for gametime. 

So funny people don't believe this news.  Just make it up as you go. 

• Eyeroll 1

CJ 1000% had an inside source for the schedule. Each year he was the first to release it and was always correct. Many people on here know that. 

As far as this I have no idea, but no reason to be believe he would make it up. 

It's probably true that Allen has been dealing with something, but not really buying it as an excuse. Most players are probably dealing with some sort of undisclosed injury throughout the season. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Every year is the same excuse and the same injury.  Not buying it. Source is Twitter and some no name? 

God man, is it any surprise with how Allen plays? Or by the fact he has hopped up grimacing in pain w shoulder and been listed on injury report? 

Breaking news Allen has been playing through some form of injury this year. Source: mine own eyes. 

25 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

How can we blame McD for this news.  There must be a way.  Clearly not preparing his shoulder each week for gametime. 

If Diggs is hurt the Bills are about to get severe punishment for not reporting it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone is hurt this time of year. The left shoulder should not impact stepping into throws. And 90% throwing off his back foot. I am glad Josh is Bills QB but he only can fix this. And I think he will because he knows he has too. 

• Like (+1) 1

The guy who posted this is a dolt. No reason to post it other than an attention grab. No new info and no specifics, just wink-wink “I’ve got a source and will disclose more later” crap. What a joke. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

It was probably McD's PR team who leaked it. We need to get the propaganda ready for the annual postseason beat down.

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Well damn, I'm behind the times. Thanks for the correction.

In that case, change it to "questionable," just something so that the world is aware he's dealing with something significant (allegedly).

Such a dingus

I have a big secret to tell everyone. I can't tell you until 3/23/24 though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Glad this clown decided "to keep it confidential until after the season for competitive integrity reasons"

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Didn't we know this already? https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/16/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-shoulder-new-york-giants-injury-nfl/

It's been pretty obvious he hasn't been right. The biggest worry is that his throwing shoulder keeps taking damage year over year as he was hurt last year as well.

If he's not 100% they really should have done a better job figuring out a passing game that he can work with. getting the running game going the last 3 weeks has been huge, but that won't cut it down the stretch. I don't understand why they don't work int he faster guys in space more.

It’s not helpful that Josh seeks out contact.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s not helpful that Josh seeks out contact.

Yeah, it’s not just run or don’t run.  Just be smarter.  Pat and Lamar run all the time, but don’t take the hits.  Josh loses his mind and turns into demolition derby.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yeah, it’s not just run or don’t run.  Just be smarter.  Pat and Lamar run all the time, but don’t take the hits.  Josh loses his mind and turns into demolition derby.  

In fairness to Josh, he held out as long as he could. He didn't start going nuts until the season became do or die.

If he truly is hurt, the Bills need to do a better job, collectively, of not putting us into a hole early in the season.

If we need psycho Josh to win game in November and stay alive in the hunt, we are gonna see a lot of fizzled seasons.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

In fairness to Josh, he held out as long as he could. He didn't start going nuts until the season became do or die.

If he truly is hurt, the Bills need to do a better job, collectively, of not putting us into a hole early in the season.

If we need psycho Josh to win game in November and stay alive in the hunt, we are gonna see a lot of fizzled seasons.

Not sure the org could do much more beyond and additional outside weapon.

He’s had a top defense, highly rated oline, and productive run game.  It’s our pass offense that is holding this team back.

if consistently elite, or even good, Josh shows up all year we’re not in this hole.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Not sure the org could do much more beyond and additional outside weapon.

He’s had a top defense, highly rated oline, and productive run game.  It’s our pass offense that is holding this team back.

if consistently elite, or even good, Josh shows up all year we’re not in this hole.

I think they have neglected his weapons, tbh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Such a dingus

I have a big secret to tell everyone. I can't tell you until 3/23/24 though. 

“Just be aware that the secret is that Allen has a serious shoulder injury involving his CV joint. But don’t worry, it won’t require surgery.”

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It has been theorized by many that Allen has been struggling with some kind of shoulder injury this season. Apparent confirmation here:

FWIW CJ Caggiano is a reputable insider, I've followed him for a while. Every year he has schedule leaks that turn out to be correct, and he has given a couple injury updates that turned out to be correct as well.

Take the info how you will, but if true it could possibly explain some of the recent mechanical issues Allen has had on some of his throws.

I think it's clear it's lingered. Anyone notice how the broadcast caught him opening and closing his right hand on the sideline on Sunday?

And yet, for all the talk of "Josh needs to run less!!!" this is the 3rd relatively significant injury of his career (2 UCLs and now the shoulder) and all have taken place in the pocket.

14 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

It was probably McD's PR team who leaked it. We need to get the propaganda ready for the annual postseason beat down.

Every team but one gets the usual postseason beat down. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It has been theorized by many that Allen has been struggling with some kind of shoulder injury this season. Apparent confirmation here:

FWIW CJ Caggiano is a reputable insider, I've followed him for a while. Every year he has schedule leaks that turn out to be correct, and he has given a couple injury updates that turned out to be correct as well.

Take the info how you will, but if true it could possibly explain some of the recent mechanical issues Allen has had on some of his throws.

Thanks for the gouge on Caggiano.

As far as "theorized" though, is that really the appropriate word, when in fact Allen acknowledged a shoulder injury after the Giants game and has appeared on the injury list with a "right shoulder" injury every game since up until last week?    That's not theoretical...

OTOH if we want to theorize, I would guess that one reason behind the "hardly threw at all" Cowboys game and the lower passing totals games since is that when Josh threw 51 times against the Eagles and 42 against KC, he may have aggravated something in his shoulder.  He was still passing pretty well after the injury, and his completion percentage has dropped into the 50 %s the last 4 games. 

I'd love to hear someone who is good at assessing throwing motion comment, but my guess is he's reverted to a more overhead motion

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Question. Won’t the Bills be in trouble if this is true? Not putting Allen on the report with said injury as even just “probable shoulder”

After brief search, Allen found on every injury report since week 7 with...wait for it..."RIGHT SHOULDER".  He was not on the report last week.  Possibly he participated in full in practice and wasn't seeking extra treatment.  Possibly that was a mistake.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, stevewin said:

Glad this clown decided "to keep it confidential until after the season for competitive integrity reasons"

I Know, Right?  Except most of his "inside information" was publicly available since Week 6. 

If Josh actually needed surgery and had a condition the Bills thought would be worsened by continuing to play, I do not think the Bills would keep putting him out there.

If anyone questions the "week 6" thing, here' s a link to Banged Up Bills Week 6 Injury Review.

https://bangedupbills.com/2023/10/17/buffalo-bills-vs-new-york-giants-week-6-injury-review/

Allen had to briefly leave the game with 5:03 left in the second quarter due to a concussion check on the play below #JoshAllen

After missing two plays in the blue medical tent, he came back to continue to play.

However, the play prior saw Allen’s right shoulder drilled into the turf courtesy of DT Dexter Lawrence. You can see him briefly grab at the shoulder in the first clip and then thrash his feet in the air for a second from another ankle. 

#Bills Josh Allen R shoulder

1st clip, you can see Allen grab at his R arm after getting driven down onto it.
2nd clip shows another angle & him working it out.
Went for X-Rays after the game.

Mechanism consistent with AC joint sprain, missed 2 plays due to concussion check. pic.twitter.com/yEZ6xB1VDa

— Banged Up Bills (@BangedUpBills) October 16, 2023

Allen stayed in the game but he can be seen working his right shoulder out in clear discomfort. After the game, Allen went into the locker room for X-rays and then back into the locker room before heading out to the press conference. You can see the kinesiotape below outlined under his shirt and poking out to provide support to the area. 

Correction, it is kinesiotape. You can see the outline on the top of the shoulder when you zoom in.

Still consistent with AC joint sprain.

Cc: @Matt_Bove pic.twitter.com/sYPjUSd6HR

— Banged Up Bills (@BangedUpBills) October 16, 2023

So there we have it.  Allen suffered an AC Joint sprain Week 6 vs the Giants.  It is evidently Grade 2 (since it's lingered more than Grade 1) but not Grade 3 (since no surgery).

The Bills duly put Allen on the Injury Report and he has "DNP" a couple times early in the week. 

Trimble also has a diagram of what a normal shoulder, and 3 different grades of sprain in the shoulder, look like if anyone wants to see.

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Diggs is hurt the Bills are about to get severe punishment for not reporting it.

No they won't.  Injuries only need to be reported it it is likely to affect his availability for the game.  Diggs has not been Questionable for these games - he was certain to play.  Literally every starter in the league has some kind of painful issue at this point of the season.  I remember a few years ago that one of the Bills O-linemen had to have his wife feed him during the week because he couldn't lift his hand to his lips.  He was not on the injury report and he did not miss any games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.