Report: Dolphins RB Mostert OUT at Ravens

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I feel like these 2 would be playing if it was an absolute must win.  They are either legit hurt or preparing for Week 18 to be the bigger game. 

Fan Duel knew.  We’ll see.  

You’re really saying they played a whole season and are deciding to tank a chance at the top seed and a bye?  So they can shoot for the 2 seed the next week?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You’re really saying they played a whole season and are deciding to tank a chance at the top seed and a bye?  So they can shoot for the 2 seed the next week?

I think they’re hurt.  

But they won’t be in a good spot next week if Mostert and Waddle can’t play against us.  Mostert kills us.  

Decision:  Try and pull this upset off without Waddle and Mostert (hurt enough won’t be effective - next week better chance) get as healthy as possible for the home game vs us.  

Maybe.  

All things just pointing to that game being not just for the division but a playoff spot.  

The Bengals are beating the Chiefs.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think they’re hurt.  

But they won’t be in a good spot next week if Mostert and Waddle can’t play against us.  Mostert kills us.  

Decision:  Try and pull this upset off without Waddle and Mostert (hurt enough won’t be effective - next week better chance) get as healthy as possible for the home game vs us.  

Maybe.  

All things just pointing to that game being not just for the division but a playoff spot.  

The Bengals are beating the Chiefs.  

There’s no way they are holding them back this week.  Both are legitimately injured and if they could be active on Sunday, they would be.  

Based on your logic, Miami would be smarter pushing them to play this week to try to earn #1, and then allow them 3 weeks to recover.  

Even if they pull off a victory, Miami would still needs a win next week.  Let’s say they play Waddle and Mostert.  That gives them just 2 weeks to recover,  

Edited by JohnNord
  • Agree 1

Well, I will say this. No Waddle and no Mostert on offense on the road against that defense is a tall task.

Miami players and fans have cried all year about not being taken seriously and lack of respect. About Tua being an afterthought in the MVP. Fine. Here's their shot. 

Go into Baltimore down a few key players, play lights out and win this one and they can earn that respect. A huge game in Baltimore out of Tua and he should be an MVP candidate. 

That said: Baltimore 27 Miami 16 sounds about right.

6 hours ago, QCity said:

I wish this was the Sunday Night game.

I am shocked they didn’t flex this game.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe the NFL wants as few eyeballs on this game as possible because they are going to screw the fish (setting up a Week 18 division championship game).

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can't wait to watch the next 2 episodes of Hard Knocks to see the Dolphins melt down with 2 straight losses & hear McDaniel set the record for the most times saying the F word in one TV hour.  

But, he will assuredly be wearing great shoes while doing it and the NFL loves his sound bites, so all is forgiven..

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can't wait to watch the next 2 episodes of Hard Knocks to see the Dolphins melt down with 2 straight losses & hear McDaniel set the record for the most times saying the F word in one TV hour.  

If they finish the regular season with 2 losses they are almost certainly finishing as the 6 seed with a 1st round date at Kansas city.  3 losses in a row would be a historic collapse. 

15 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

If they finish the regular season with 2 losses they are almost certainly finishing as the 6 seed with a 1st round date at Kansas city.  3 losses in a row would be a historic collapse. 

And, personally, I'd find that to be a fascinating game to watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.