Who in the AFC would teams rather not see in the playoffs?

Rubes

The thinking for the last couple of weeks has been the Bills...but I wonder how many are now saying it's the Browns?

Browns have most all the ingredients you might want:

• Super strong defense
  • Excellent offensive line
  • Savvy veteran QB experiencing a resurgence
  • One of the top WRs in Cooper
  • Very good running game

They haven't faced a murderer's row of opponents lately, but they're thrashing people and really starting to peak at the right time. Of all the teams in the AFC right now, even compared with the Dolphins and Ravens, I think they are going to do some serious damage in the playoffs.

Assuming they get their kicking game straightened out...

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns and Dolphins (if healthy) scare me.  Defense travels and both of these teams have strong defenses.

The Ravens are very good but it just feels like one and done for them this year- at least how I see it.

The Chiefs always have a chance with Mahomes at the helm- but like the Ravens, I just don't get the feeling that this is their year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

The Ravens in Baltimore.

I would rather not play an away game.

We need to close 2-0 and take the #2 seed. 

Assuming the Browns beat the AFC S winner, the Bills likely get the winner of Miami v KC at home. 

So if the Browns are everything that they are billed to be, we will be playing  the Browns for the Super Bowl in Buffalo. Would be an epic game. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, saundena said:

The Browns and Dolphins (if healthy) scare me.  Defense travels and both of these teams have strong defenses.

The Ravens are very good but it just feels like one and done for them this year- at least how I see it.

The Chiefs always have a chance with Mahomes at the helm- but like the Ravens, I just don't get the feeling that this is their year.

Yes, Ravens better hope they don't see the Browns or the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

Ravens, Browns……and Miami.  All formidable.  

everyone has written off Miami due to past December flops and the fact that we beat them handily week 4.  Their D is much better ones. Losing Phillips hurts but Van Ginkel is even better imo.  He’s a stud.  Their D gets pressure on the QB and they can stop the run. 

KC is KC.  Not the same KC, but I think they’ll be a tough out come playoffs thanks to Spags.  

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The Browns D is elite.

There O-line is decimated with injuries.

Flacco still turns the ball over a ton

They have played mostly garbage teams with garbage QBs.

Yes their D is championship level but they have not shown up in a couple games this year 

They sure punched the Ravens in the face in Baltimore though.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agreed! That was the Wataon anomaly game. Ravens destroyed them in Cleveland earlier in the year.

Still, I think I trust Flacco in a playoff game more than I trust Lamar.

If they do end up playing, I'm taking the Browns and the points.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Probably in order: Ravens, Browns, Chiefs

I'd rather not play teams with good defenses. And before someone chimes in with the Dolphins have a good defense since Jaylen Ramsey has come back:  I say: Aiden O'Connell, Tim Boyle, Sam Howell, Will Levis, Trevor Siemian, and Finally Dak Prescott.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Dukestreetking said:

Browns under JF: 4-1

Yeah, but, but...he's 13-8, with 2yd total rush(!). And 46.9 QBR.

F' Cleveland. It can't continue.

<checks notes...it's 2023 craziness>

Umm, no way do I want to see these bastards.

I get this.

But in my head, until they're not the Browns; they are still the Browns.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I get this.

But in my head, until they're not the Browns; they are still the Browns.

Agreed, I still don't take them seriously. They do have a nice win over 49ers who were crippled up and outlasted the Ravens in one game, but other than that not much meat on that resume. 

38 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The Browns D is elite.

There O-line is decimated with injuries.

Flacco still turns the ball over a ton

They have played mostly garbage teams with garbage QBs.

Yes their D is championship level but they have not shown up in a couple games this year 

To the bolded, in 5 games this year Flacco has thrown 8 INTs and has fumbled 4 times.

In 5 games.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Nah. They're a tough team, but Flacco is still a weakness. He's an immobile, old pocket passer. That doesn't get it done in the playoffs unless you're a cerebral cheater like Brady.

Did you not watch Flacco scrambling throwing across his body? 

He looked like a 50 year old Josh Allen

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Ravens, Browns……and Miami.  All formidable.  

everyone has written off Miami due to past December flops and the fact that we beat them handily week 4.  Their D is much better ones. Losing Phillips hurts but Van Ginkel is even better imo.  He’s a stud.  Their D gets pressure on the QB and they can stop the run. 

KC is KC.  Not the same KC, but I think they’ll be a tough out come playoffs thanks to Spags.  

I think we could lose to Miami week 18, and lose to Miami in the playoffs, and id still not worry about Miami lol

• Haha (+1) 2

I think the Browns could win on any field in any weather. And they don’t have the weight of expectations dragging them down. I think the Ravens, Bills, Chiefs would have a lot of pressure to be honest.  Cleveland is playing with house money. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

The thinking for the last couple of weeks has been the Bills...but I wonder how many are now saying it's the Browns?

• Super strong defense
  • Very good running game

They haven't faced a murderer's row of opponents lately, but they're thrashing people and really starting to peak at the right time. Of all the teams in the AFC right now, even compared with the Dolphins and Ravens, I think they are going to do some serious damage in the playoffs.

I just don't see it with the Browns.

Yes Flacco is putting up some silly numbers but look at who they've played...a bunch of bad teams who are going in the wrong direction or have packed it in for the year. Texans also without Stroud who is making his case for MVP as a rookie since he's been out.

And quite frankly the only remotely good team they've played during this Flacco thing they lost too (Rams).

I honestly won't be surprised if the Browns are one and done in the playoffs since they will have to go on the road against an AFC South team who will likely have their QB healthy (Jags or Texans) unlike the previous matchups.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Nah. They're a tough team, but Flacco is still a weakness. He's an immobile, old pocket passer. That doesn't get it done in the playoffs unless you're a cerebral cheater like Brady.

100%. Browns defense is legit.  But I think the Flacco Cinderella story is going to end early in the playoffs.  Not only has he been helped by great field position since taking over, he’s also been incredibly lucky on some of his throws.  This was on full display last night against the Jets.  

50 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think the Browns could win on any field in any weather. And they don’t have the weight of expectations dragging them down. I think the Ravens, Bills, Chiefs would have a lot of pressure to be honest.  Cleveland is playing with house money. 

Based on owner's criminal connections stolen house money.

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I disagree, I think Flacco was the perfect fit for their O. A smart veteran who can read defenses. While he has turned the ball over he also has provided leadership and will make the big plays to win the game. I mean they been able win games that got into the 30’s because of him and I dislike Flacco.

Honestly...

Maybe Cleveland.

Normally I would say Cincy, but since they are dead this year I'm not afraid of anyone.

I think we matchup well with Baltimore

Don't *really* want to go to Miami in playoffs. Rather play them here.

There are no teams I think we can't beat. Most of the matchups I would say bills are better than 50% chance.

Sure they could also lose to any team but Buffalo is one of very few teams turning it on at the right time. CLE/BAL/MIA still hot but one of those teams has to lose this week, too.

18 hours ago, Rubes said:

• Super strong defense
  • Very good running game

I don’t think flacco is a long haul answer. 

he came in with no film on how he’d be running the offense and just like a backup can often win a few games before coming back to earth- I think the browns offense will too with him 

• Agree 1

So this thread is a perfect example of over analyzing everything the Bills do/don’t do and just looking at scores and records of other teams. Flacco, nice story but look who they have played. He has more than half of the turnovers Josh had and has only played 5 games. Good defense, no doubt, but they did give up 17 in the first half to the Jets the other night (yes they only gave up 3 after the half)

Dolphins finally beat a team with a winning record. I don’t think that defense is anywhere near as good as they have shown lately (again, look who they have played, specifically the QBs they have played)

I get it, we are all Bills fans so naturally we are more invested in them. If you look objectively at the other teams, there’s not a team that should scare you-outside of the Bills having a letdown 

18 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The Browns D is elite. 

There O-line is decimated with injuries....yes

Flacco still turns the ball over a ton yes

They have played mostly garbage teams with garbage QBs. LOL...they physically destroyed the 49ers, beat the Ratbirds, Burrow. 

Yes their D is championship level but they have not shown up in a couple games this year yes, and their entire starting secondary was out for a stretch.

Browns & Bills are pretty similar.

All this Lamar MVP talk will go away when they lose their opening playoff game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.