Bills work out OT La’el Collins

PromoTheRobot

47 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I recall the Bills coveting him way back when, when he first signed with the Cowboys.  Big Baller Beane always gets his man, even if he has to wait for him (see Steph Diggs & Emmanuel Sanders).

That was Rex Ryan that met with him and wanted him after the whole him being a suspect in his girlfriend's murder or whatever it was.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Decent guy to kick the tires on for the PS.  Not much more at this point.  

Exactly, we have been fortunate enough to stay healthy for the most part at least for the OL position. So it's definitely worth looking into just in case with this playoff push ahead of us.

This was the ultimate Rex attempted, and failed recruit. He went in hard after him, flying to the South to meet with him…after he met with homicide detectives 🤦‍♂️

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/bills-rex-ryan-meets-with-lael-collins-in-baton-rouge-tv-station-says/article_ce7ed7f0-45aa-5c7e-a3d0-92f4cba192c1.html

• Like (+1) 1

I just want to run it by @Beck Water and @DabillsDaBillsDaBills and make sure it's OK to sign him........since he was questioned regarding the shooting death of a then pregnant GF(he was uncertain if he was the father at that time and had to take a paternity test).    

Which is all why he wasn't an early draft pick,  as he was expected to be.

I mean the police said he wasn't a suspect so it's probably cool, right?

But then again they have apparently never identified a suspect of any kind in the case either.

So there is that whole "never been proven innocent either" thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Farewell Germain Ifedi…

Thanks for all those memories 

Actually just one memory but what a memory... bombing Pearl Harbor!

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was questioned regarding the shooting death of a then pregnant GF(he was uncertain if he was the father at that time and had to take a paternity test which is all why he wasn't an early draft pick,  as he was expected to be. I mean the police said he wasn't a suspect so it's probably cool, right? But then again they have apparently never identified a suspect of any kind in the case either. So there is that whole "never been proven innocent either" thing.

No evidence, no but it was weird when he started tweeting about Rae Carruth.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is washed. He certainly looked it last year with the Bengals.

To my mind, “washed” would imply being worn out, right? But he’s only 30, which really isn’t too old for an OT. If he experienced a significant decline in play from his time in Dallas, one wonders what other issues there might have been, and can he be fixed?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I just want to run it by @Beck Water and @DabillsDaBillsDaBills and make sure it's OK to sign him........since he was questioned regarding the shooting death of a then pregnant GF(he was uncertain if he was the father at that time and had to take a paternity test).    

But then again they have apparently never identified a suspect of any kind in the case either.

So, you’re saying he may not be a Process Guy?

25 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

To my mind, “washed” would imply being worn out, right? But he’s only 30, which really isn’t too old for an OT. If he experienced a significant decline in play from his time in Dallas, one wonders what other issues there might have been, and can he be fixed?

He played 15 games last year for Bengals but they felt need to raise RT skill level.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Collins ultimately wasn't the father and while he may have had a motivation at the time I'd like to think the cops would've found something in the nearly 10 years since if he was involved. 

For the Bills signing him I'm more concerned with his age and injury history 

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I recall the Bills coveting him way back when, when he first signed with the Cowboys.  Big Baller Beane always gets his man, even if he has to wait for him (see Steph Diggs & Emmanuel Sanders).

Prior to Beane.  Was accused of a crime (killing his ex girlfriend)while at LSU.  Registered for supplemental draft in 2015 after regular NFL draft as it took longer to be exonerated.  

The Bills brass was Whaley/Sexy Rexy then and Bills sent Rex down to recruit the kid.  Didn’t want to go to  the Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.