Bills work out OT La’el Collins

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Interesting.

Isn't he like 600 years old?

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No just played like it in 2022.  He’s 30

@Heavy Kevi, You weren't even close!

Just to put it in perspective I said Kincaid would have 90 receptions this year and it looks like he'll end up with about 70. This means I'm off by a factor of 1.28.

You guessed that Collins was 600 and he's only 30... you're off by a factor of 20.

How is anyone supposed to give any credence to anything you say ever again?

I think you just set a TSW record for wrongness!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

He played 15 games last year for Bengals but they felt need to raise RT skill level.

Supposedly he had a lingering back injury all last season, then he tore his ACL and MCL and went on IR before the Bills game that was cancelled

It didn’t seem like Hakeem Adeniji was a dro;p off at all

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Decent guy to kick the tires on for the PS.  Not much more at this point.  

He’s basically just a year out from a torn ACL.  What’s our track record with performance from guys who are a year out from a torn ACL?

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I just want to run it by @Beck Water and find out

LOL.  No you don’t.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I recall the Bills coveting him way back when, when he first signed with the Cowboys.  Big Baller Beane always gets his man, even if he has to wait for him (see Steph Diggs & Emmanuel Sanders).

Didn’t Rex Ryan make a trip down south in an attempt to sign him before the Cowboys did and failed miserably?

24 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Didn’t Rex Ryan make a trip down south in an attempt to sign him before the Cowboys did and failed miserably?

Yep. He went undrafted having been considered a day 2 pick when stories emerged too late in the process for teams to investigate. Rex put on the full press but Collins signed for Dallas and went on to be part of the best Oline in football the next 2 or 3 seasons. 

He isn't that guy anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

To my mind, “washed” would imply being worn out, right? But he’s only 30, which really isn’t too old for an OT. If he experienced a significant decline in play from his time in Dallas, one wonders what other issues there might have been, and can he be fixed?

It is for one who has had persistent knee and back issues. Body is broken down IMO. Doesn't move even close to as well as he used to.

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

He did.  LOL.  He flew down there and took him to a Baton Rouge restaurant.  Collins pry just wanted the free meal. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I recall the Bills coveting him way back when, when he first signed with the Cowboys.  Big Baller Beane always gets his man, even if he has to wait for him (see Steph Diggs & Emmanuel Sanders).

I miss Sanders -and the BIlls do to! Haven’t had a decent 2nd threat WR since. He was a perfect fit for Josh.

13 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Khalil Shakir reminds me of Sanders a bit.

It's probably just the old uniform number flashback.    They don't play or look anything alike when playing.   Shakir is a herky-jerky RB-type athlete who plays like a small target.    Sanders was a very fast and smooth operator but also had a large catch radius because he was acrobatic in his prime.    Shakir is #10 and people identify Sanders as #10 from his best days as a star with Denver.......it was thought he'd be #10 with the Bills but he chose #1.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6FbL44jeyhUQe9qrNEAi

It looks like Germain Ifedi cleared waivers.  I'm thinking Collins was brought in for a look in case Ifedi was picked up by another team.

He's been on the team active for a while.  I don't see why they would sign someone else.

Wouldn't be surprised in Ifedi is signed to the PS soon.

IMO.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It looks like Germain Ifedi cleared waivers.  I'm thinking Collins was brought in for a look in case Ifedi was picked up by another team.

He's been on the team active for a while.  I don't see why they would sign someone else.

Wouldn't be surprised in Ifedi is signed to the PS soon.

IMO.

It's not implausible that they could add both Ifedi and Collins to the PS.   During the season they might prefer to keep some young guys on the PS but going into the playoffs you probably want more veterans who you can trust to step in and start the next week in the event of catastrophic injuries.    They aren't risking much by releasing young players from the PS this late in the season.    They've basically been unclaimed free agents all season,  have no runway left to show themselves off in practice with other teams and are just going to be signing futures deals in the January.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's not implausible that they could add both Ifedi and Collins to the PS.   During the season they might prefer to keep some young guys on the PS but going into the playoffs you probably want more veterans who you can trust to step in and start the next week in the event of catastrophic injuries.    They aren't risking much by releasing young players from the PS this late in the season.    They've basically been unclaimed free agents all season,  have no runway left to show themselves off in practice with other teams and are just going to be signing futures deals in the January.

I could see that if they liked Collin a lot in his workout.  I agree with the veteran thing.  

The young guys that have been on the PS for a while will no doubt sign Reserve/Futures if offered after the season.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So I hate to break the narrative, but wasn’t this guy playing OK ball at the end for us

He was. Once he kicked inside to guard he was ok. Not starter material, but would be acceptable depth inside.

He also chipped in at the "6th OL" position last year and did very well. 

He finished with a 52 overall PFF grade for us in 2022 which was up from his 33.7 the year before. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.