Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

Crazy that every team we wanted to lose this weekend lost.....except the one we wanted to lose the most.

Maybe the one we wanted to the most but it was also likely the least important in the grand scheme of things

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe not…we just need Miami to lose one out of Baltimore/dallas 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe the one we wanted to the most but it was also likely the least important in the grand scheme of things

The Bills path to a Wild Card got a lot easier with this weekend's results for sure.....I'm just looking for a chance at keeping the Fish from winning the division.....hopefully the Ravens will give the Bills that chance....

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

With their loss to the Pats tonight the broncos are no longer a threat to us in the playoff race and are all but mathematically eliminated from playoff contention 

98% chance according to several different playoff machines 

the Steelers should lose one game to either the Seahawks or ravens 

the bengals should lose one game to either the chiefs or browns 

The Texans and colts both play each other in week 18 even if they both win in week 17, the week 18 matchup would eliminate one of them. 

so worst case scenario for wildcard with a win Vs patriots and dolphins loss is 

browns 

bills 

afc south team

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Special K said:

The Bills path to a Wild Card got a lot easier with this weekend's results for sure.....I'm just looking for a chance at keeping the Fish from winning the division.....hopefully the Ravens will give the Bills that chance....

I'm hoping with a Dolphins having to play the Cowboys and ravens back to back. They are pretty beat up and tired.

3 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

the Steelers should lose one game to either the Seahawks or ravens 

the bengals should lose one game to either the chiefs or browns 

The Texans and colts both play each other in week 18 even if they both win in week 17, the week 18 matchup would eliminate one of them. 

so worst case scenario for wildcard with a win Vs patriots and dolphins loss is 

browns 

bills 

afc south team

For the wild card spots if we lose

To Miami

Curious, what if the Steelers win out and we go one and one?

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

98%...well depending on how other games go that week.

Bills could clinch a playoff birth next week with a win and a Pittsburgh loss in Seattle and a Cincy loss in KC. Basically there are 5 games that matter next week and any combination of 2 teams losing and a Bills win clinches a playoff spot.

I sure hope that happens. 

Well the one terrible scenerio with the Steelers is if the Ravens beat the 49ers and Dolphins and then they'll have no reason to play in that last game. Ofcourse; most Bills fans would love the RAvens to beat the Dolphins but I'd like all the options to get into the playoffs just incase the Dolphins pull off a win in the last game of the year

OK.......I am stating right off the bat here that I am not trying to get ahead of ourselves.  There is still work to be done and we all know that.  But, with the way this weekend went, the Playoff picture and our road there has become pretty clear.  Obviously, if we take care of business against the Pats*, our chances are pretty good to get in.  We all know this now.  We are all focused on doing that and then seeing what happens with the Dolphins and Ravens to see if we have a shot at the division.

Here is the scenario I want to bring up because if it does happen to play out this way, this is something I haven't seen anyone really talk about yet. 

We lock up a Playoff spot next week with a win against the Pats* and a Pittsburgh loss in Seattle and a Cincy loss in KC.  Let's say that happens......  This next part is the part nobody is talking about. 

What if we clinch a spot and the Dolphins beat the Ravens?  The Dolphins would obviously win the division no matter what happens in week 18.  That said, what would you do in week 18 if we're in, but there is no chance to win the division?  The Dolphins would be playing their starters for sure because they would still have a look at the 1 seed, but what do we do?  I mean, we could possibly be playing for seeding as well, but is going all out in that game worth it?  Is being the 4 seed or something like that instead of the 6 worth getting someone important injured?  I tend to say no. 

Like I said, there is still a lot that needs to happen to make the scenario come to fruition, but it does have a chance of happening.  What would you do in this case?

PS.  Again......not getting ahead of anything here.  Still 100% focused on beating the brakes off the Pats*.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

OK.......I am stating right off the bat here that I am not trying to get ahead of ourselves.  There is still work to be done and we all know that.  But, with the way this weekend went, the Playoff picture and our road there has become pretty clear.  Obviously, if we take care of business against the Pats*, our chances are pretty good to get in.  We all know this now.  We are all focused on doing that and then seeing what happens with the Dolphins and Ravens to see if we have a shot at the division.

Here is the scenario I want to bring up because if it does happen to play out this way, this is something I haven't seen anyone really talk about yet. 

We lock up a Playoff spot next week with a win against the Pats* and a Pittsburgh loss in Seattle and a Cincy loss in KC.  Let's say that happens......  This next part is the part nobody is talking about. 

What if we clinch a spot and the Dolphins beat the Ravens?  The Dolphins would obviously win the division no matter what happens in week 18.  That said, what would you do in week 18 if we're in, but there is no chance to win the division?  The Dolphins would be playing their starters for sure because they would still have a look at the 1 seed, but what do we do?  I mean, we could possibly be playing for seeding as well, but is going all out in that game worth it?  Is being the 4 seed or something like that instead of the 6 worth getting someone important injured?  I tend to say no. 

Like I said, there is still a lot that needs to happen to make the scenario come to fruition, but it does have a chance of happening.  What would you do in this case?

PS.  Again......not getting ahead of anything here.  Still 100% focused on beating the brakes off the Pats*.

I was thinking about that exact same scenario earlier. I tend to err on the side of caution and just rest our starters. It’s definitely a scenario that no one seems to be thinking about or talking about. 

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

I think Josh and Diggs would definitely sit, especially if we were playing the dolphins again the following week, but some other starters would probably play.

Edited by Governor

3 hours ago, sven233 said:

Pretty good chance of this happening…I could see the Bills sitting some guys in this scenario, but it would depend on the seeding and matchup possibilities that are in play…for example, can we avoid a first round trip to Baltimore or KC by winning?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, poo said:

Patriots played themselves out of picking top two this week. I hope they win out and miss on the mega QBs in the draft 

That means they would beat the Bills and cause us to likely miss the playoffs. Garbage take.

12 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

If Bills win out, and Miami loses to Baltimore, and KC loses any game at all, I think we end up #2?

Go, Raiders. I think it's likely the Ravens take Miami. Hoping for a SF win this week so the Ravens will have to keep pushing for that #1 seed and beat up on Miami next week. Soften them up for their game against the Bills😄

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

And if the Bills hadn't lost White, Milano and Jones they'd be on a better record than 9-6 right now.

Exactly! But unlike NE you have a much better team. I’m not saying the Pats are good just they be fringe playoff team like Pitt if the D was healthy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Go, Raiders. I think it's likely the Ravens take Miami. Hoping for a SF win this week so the Ravens will have to keep pushing for that #1 seed and beat up on Miami next week. Soften them up for their game against the Bills😄

No matter what Baltimore does against the 49ers tonight the winner of Ravens Dolphins will still control their destiny for the 1 seed

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

We got all 6 scenarios we needed to happen this week to clinch next week. Amazing

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty much the opposite of last week when with the exception of the Bills beating Dallas just about everything else went wrong on the final play of so many of the other games. Thus is the life of an NFL fan. 

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

I love that NE won that game. Big effort and now they will have Buffalo’s full attention coupled with that rough game in LA yesterday.  Bills should be ready to go on Sunday, big time 

It was a big win for numerous reasons. It killed Denver’s chances at the playoffs/helps the Bills chances, drops the Cheaters down in the draft and, as you said, makes the Bills take notice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

What a christmas weekend. Watched Zappe get stomped and fumble the first play of the game and went to bed. Woke up to see that we've had all but one result go the right way this weekend. It's getting more and more possible!

the only negative take i have from this weekend is I'm not convinced we beat the dolphins on their patch. Looks a different team with Ramsey in it. 

2 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

What a christmas weekend. Watched Zappe get stomped and fumble the first play of the game and went to bed. Woke up to see that we've had all but one result go the right way this weekend. It's getting more and more possible!

the only negative take i have from this weekend is I'm not convinced we beat the dolphins on their patch. Looks a different team with Ramsey in it. 

Not so fast. The Bill's also look like a different team with a rushing attack. And any day now I suspect we will be getting our big DT back. The Bill's are trending in the right direction as much as any team in the league.

Ramsey has been burned by the Bills multiple times and is playing with motivation, yes. But as a division rival, I think our guys will have an answer.

• Like (+1) 1

It is great how things are shaping up for the wildcard, but I think we are all hoping for a phins loss next week to open up the chance to win the division.  If that happens, the other thing this weekend did for us was make the 2 seed a real possibility.  If we win the division, all we need is the Chiefs to lose one more game.  In years past I would say a loss to a team like the Raiders or Bengals would be a long shot, but this year...?  Seems like it could certainly happen.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Pretty good chance of this happening…I could see the Bills sitting some guys in this scenario, but it would depend on the seeding and matchup possibilities that are in play…for example, can we avoid a first round trip to Baltimore or KC by winning?

This! Drawing the AFC south would be a huge advantage. Cleveland may have that road blocked though. 

Several other wild card contenders played stinkers this weekend. The Bills did too, yet managed to overcome a sloppy performance and win.  That was huge. No team plays perfect football every week. You just have to find a way in those games. I expect the Bills to be much sharper this week vs NE and we will get a few takeaways as well. It’s big to make the Miami game not be life or death. With Tyreek in the lineup Miami is really tough, people don’t want to recognize them as an AFC Super Bowl contender but I do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That means they would beat the Bills and cause us to likely miss the playoffs. Garbage take.

Garbage take as well because he believes only the top 2 QBs will be good. When the truth is 1 of those 2 will probably be a huge bust and 2 or 3 other QBs later will be Franchise WBs or the entire draft QB class could stink.. 

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Started game 4 when the D also fell off a cliff for 2 weeks. 

week 1 — made a great throw that would made it first and goal but the rookie failed out both feet in.

Week 2 — dropped TD to tie the game by Gesicki

Raiders — Ugh Parker drops a sure fire TD pass

Chargers — come on man they don’t score a point and they are still Playing.. lol 

Giants — missed FG and I doubt they score 3 on a healthy D

Commanders— don’t score 20 points not even close.. 

that’s makes them 7 wins, they win tonight healthy making 8 and guess what you be sweating the game next week.  It’s amazing how injuries derail a team isn’t it.. lol but your right we don’t have a QB and neither does Pitt and they are a fringe playoff team which is what I said the pats would be.

Let me say this: you are a Pat fan but you really a great human being… always polite and honest in all of your comments… hat off man, really, you deserve it. 

Edited by Italian Bills

41 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Garbage take as well because he believes only the top 2 QBs will be good. When the truth is 1 of those 2 will probably be a huge bust and 2 or 3 other QBs later will be Franchise WBs or the entire draft QB class could stink.. 

True, but the trick is finding that guy.  And Wiiliams may not even enter the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, sven233 said:

Anyone that has watched the Bills this season knows there is no such thing as a gimmie game.  I fully expect if we do win, it will be a tight one score game that we are sweating through until the clock runs out.  The chance we just handle them is extremely small.

I wouldn’t say the chance we just handle them is extremely small. The Patriots slapped us right across the face earlier this season. I expect the Bills will remember that and come out and play accordingly.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I wouldn’t say the chance we just handle them is extremely small. The Patriots slapped us right across the face earlier this season. I expect the Bills will remember that and come out and play accordingly.

I think the Bills/Pats game is more likely to go the way of the Raiders & Redskins games then the Giants or Chargers games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think the Bills/Pats game is more likely to go the way of the Raiders & Redskins games then the Giants or Chargers games.

I’m done thinking like this because when I think we’re gonna smoke a team, we either lose or barely win. 

When I’m not confident or think we’re gonna lose, we crush them. 

So, I’m gonna believe that we’re gonna lose to the Patsies.  (See what I’m doing here?)

In all honesty, I do not expect a blowout. We play down to opponents, and I’m prepped for another nail biter against a team/coach that would love to see our guys with golf clubs in two weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.