Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Amazing, huh?

There might be some really complex situation where that isn't the case, but using the calculator on Pro Football Network, that's how it seemed to shake out for me.

If this happens, and Jacksonville wins their division, we would likely play Indy or Houston at home. Possibly Cleveland. And then we would either play KC or Cleveland or Jax at home.

Then it gets weird as hell and could be us going to Baltimore, Cleveland coming to us, Jax coming to us, or Miami coming to us.

I'm not sure any of those scenarios scare me. Especially if Allen's shoulder is improved, Jones is back, and we're still overall healthy. I think this is going to be one of the most absurd postseasons we've seen in the last twenty years, so yeah. Being #2 somehow would be a godsend if we can grab it. Some seriously weird ***** is about to go down.

15 minutes ago, Success said:

I actually have no worries about the Pats tonight.  They're at home, and they're really not that bad - a lot of close losses.

Belichick still has some pride. They're winning.

You know how people were complaining about us not putting up points against a Chargers defense that gives up points, I guess, well they didn't score any on them. They can be truly awful.

11 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I’m sick of facing them in KC

I mean it'd suck but I think if we win again we get a free sundae.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BRH said:

Tough day today having to root for the Browns, Jets (to hurt their draft position), Cowboys, and Patriots. 

I feel dirty. 

I said in the  miami-dallas thread think I'm going to need to take 2 showers tonight before going to bed

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

There might be some really complex situation where that isn't the case, but using the calculator on Pro Football Network, that's how it seemed to shake out for me.

If this happens, and Jacksonville wins their division, we would likely play Indy or Houston at home. Possibly Cleveland. And then we would either play KC or Cleveland or Jax at home.

Then it gets weird as hell and could be us going to Baltimore, Cleveland coming to us, Jax coming to us, or Miami coming to us.

I'm not sure any of those scenarios scare me. Especially if Allen's shoulder is improved, Jones is back, and we're still overall healthy. I think this is going to be one of the most absurd postseasons we've seen in the last twenty years, so yeah. Being #2 somehow would be a godsend if we can grab it. Some seriously weird ***** is about to go down.

There’s no complex situation where it wouldn’t be the case.  Baltimore or Cleveland would be the 1 seed with 12 wins or more.  Of the other division winners, we could only be tied with KC, and we win the H2H tiebreaker.

Like you said, if we win out, Miami loses to Bal, and KC loses one of their three remaining games, we are the 2 seed.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

There’s no complex situation where it wouldn’t be the case.  Baltimore and/or Cleveland would be the 1 seed with 12 wins or more.  Of the other division winners, we could only be tied with KC, and we win the H2H tiebreaker.

Like you said, if we win out, Miami loses to Bal, and KC loses one of their three remaining games, we are the 2 seed.

Glad I got it right. Crazy to see how close we are to still getting that when we still don't absolutely have a spot locked up.

Just now, Roundybout said:

Dumpster fire fraud franchise 

His honestly is awesome tbh.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Glad I got it right. Crazy to see how close we are to still getting that when we still don't absolutely have a spot locked up.

If I have it right, there’s no way we can be the 1, 4 or 5 seed.  If we make it in, would either be 2, 3, 6 or 7, depending on if we win the division or not, and outcome of other games.

17 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If I have it right, there’s no way we can be the 1, 4 or 5 seed.  If we make it in, would either be 2, 3, 6 or 7, depending on if we win the division or not, and outcome of other games.

Honestly at this point I will just be happy if they get in.  It was looking very unlikely just a couple weeks ago

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.