Dolphins starting center out for season

loyal2dagame

Thats a tough look.  They really don't have much in the way of solid depth behind him either.  Armsteads been in and out of lineup, same with Robert Hunt.  Jones is a solid backup who's been around the block a bit.  Jackson is playing much better than previous seasons so thats been big for them, but they are in trouble facing the Jets with problems up the middle.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It'd be nice if Hill had a good old fashion high ankle sprain that kept him out multiple weeks or severely limited it but looks like he dodged a more moderate to serious injury. That offense is not the same without him. 

Unfortunately Tyreek could still run 30mph on a bum ankle.

A torn ACL this late in the season really stinks, especially in a contract year for this player.

It knocks him out not only the rest of this season, but also for most of next season.

Just Brutal. Football is a cruel game. This year seems PARTICULARLY bad with injuries across the league. Just look at the QB lineup in the AFC, for instance. Yikes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It'd be nice if Hill had a good old fashion high ankle sprain that kept him out multiple weeks or severely limited it but looks like he dodged a more moderate to serious injury. That offense is not the same without him. 

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Unfortunately Tyreek could still run 30mph on a bum ankle.

Tyreek was healthy when we last played the Dolphins, and look at what happened.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Tyreek was healthy when we last played the Dolphins, and look at what happened.

I'm not talking about just us when we play them. We are still in catch up mode to them. Not having him for 2-3 weeks would make that week 18 game even sweeter in a winner take all setting. 

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I suggest no one rejoices over this.  That is a bad loss for them 

At least it's not the flavor of the season Achilles injury. 

Aaron Rodgers

Cousins

Akers

Tre White

Dobbins

Jaelan Phillips 

Vera-Tucker

I can't recall the last time I've seen so many season ending Achilles injuries before this one.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

That is a big loss. I hope the guy recovers 100%.

The key to defending against the Dolphins is pressuring Tua. This is a big loss for the Dolphins.

It really is. Titans got pressure all night and Tua never looked comfortable. This is a huge loss for them, especially with the Jets and Cowboys coming to town next

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

The cards keep falling Buffalo's  way

Oh, Gawd, please reconsider the way you worded this.  That's a horrible way to view a football player's serious injury, even if he plays for an opposing team.

Buffalo should mind their own store and take care of their own business.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Aaron Rodgers

Cousins

Akers

Tre White

Dobbins

I can't recall the last time I've seen so many season ending Achilles injuries before this one.

Everyone is blaming the turf, but what brand cleats are on the feet when these guys go down? Nike Vapors?

25 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Beatah is one of the very few players that I would feel no sympathy for if he was injured.  Other than that it is really a shame how many injuries happen each year.  seeing the injury to Tre, for example was heartbreaking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Aaron Rodgers

Cousins

Akers

Tre White

Dobbins

Don't forget Jalen Phillips for Miami

• Like (+1) 1

That is devastating for Williams. He's really grown as a Center, and it really sucks that he's entering free agency.  Hopefully, the Dolphins (or, preferably, a NFC team, take a chance and will offer a nice contract).

As for the Dolphins, I'd have to think the loss of Williams could be worse than losing Armstead. Tua seems much more vulnerable to the pass rush up the middle that moves him off his spot and affects his rhythm.  In addition to missing Tyreek, the DT pressure seemed to be a key to the Titans keeping the offense in check. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

It really is. Titans got pressure all night and Tua never looked comfortable. This is a huge loss for them, especially with the Jets and Cowboys coming to town next

Titans didn't have DT Jeffery Simmons either.  Imagine what Quinnen Williams will do along with the rest of Jets D line.

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not sure how anyone sees this as a break for us after the Bengals reserve O-linemen bullied our defensive line for 48 minutes in a playoff game. 

Did you watch the game last night?

• Agree 1

If you're Miami, after seeing last night without Williams & Hill for a good portion of the game against a mediocre Defense..

Do you play Hill or rest him?

One of the trickier rest/play decisions I can think of..

They clearly aren't winning anything in the playoffs if he doesn't heal up and has a day where he has to miss large swaths of the game like last night.

They're also dangerously close to melting down, again, once the weather turns if they risk sitting him against a Jets team that played some inspired football behind Wilson last week, followed by the toughest schedule in football.. by far, to close out their last three. 

Edited by SCBills

This hurts them bad. Their backup Center is Eichenberg and he has struggled tremendously at the position. They play the Jets with Quinnen Williams, Dallas with their #3 defense, the Ravens with their #2 defense, and then us with Ed Oliver. I hope Tua makes it through the rest of the season healthy because the prospects are not looking good for his protection at the moment. 

Just now, H2o said:

This hurts them bad. Their backup Center is Eichenberg and he has struggled tremendously at the position. They play the Jets with Quinnen Williams, Dallas with their #3 defense, the Ravens with their #2 defense, and then us with Ed Oliver. I hope Tua makes it through the rest of the season healthy because the prospects are not looking good for his protection at the moment. 

DaQuon Jones will likely be back by then as well.  And there's also Linval Joseph.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Don't worry they have Mike Effing White!

Huge loss tho, couldnt come at a worse time either 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.