Dolphins starting center out for season

loyal2dagame

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Tua's gonna be running for his life against the Jets.

The jets and Dallas are going to physically whip the dolphins.  The jets may not win, Dallas definitely will, but they are both going to physically beat them up.

That Dallas game is going to be like a Home game for Dallas.  

Last night was a brutal game for Miami.  They racked up so many injuries on their way to blowing that game.  Very reminiscent of our game vs. Jax.

I wonder if Tua was concussed? He took a big shot on an ill advised run for the endzone. Instead of sliding, he went too his knees and got leveled. He generally looked clueless afterward. But so did McDaniel.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

A torn ACL this late in the season really stinks, especially in a contract year for this player.

It knocks him out not only the rest of this season, but also for most of next season.

Just Brutal. Football is a cruel game. This year seems PARTICULARLY bad with injuries across the league. Just look at the QB lineup in the AFC, for instance. Yikes.

Still have Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Tua, Lawrence and Wilson.  I think they will be fine

Unfortunately I have little sympathy for the Dolphins given the Bills and many other teams current injury situations.

They likely still have the inside track for the division title but there is going to be big time pressure in South Beach for McDaniel and this team to respond against the Jets now that they've dropped out of the #1 seed and the Bills are still lurking.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I suggest no one rejoices over this.  That is a bad loss for them 

100%. The second you cheer injuries on a rivals team…take a guess what happens to your team next?

2 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

The cards keep falling Buffalo's  way

I think this is kind of like a DaQuan Jones injury for Miami but on opposite side.  He’s an important piece on their defense that often goes under radar and likely won’t be easily replaced.   

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I suggest no one rejoices over this.  That is a bad loss for them 

Anyone who celebrates injuries is a complete schmuck.  These guys lay it all the line to make as much bank as they can over an average of 4-5 years.

Oh, and Squish the Fish.

Really bad for him and them, good for everyone who plays them. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Maybe Miami should have gotten an upgrade at backup C rather than trade for Chase Claypool. 

I actually forgot he was on their team.  They got literally nothing out of him and then he got hurt.

Quinnen Williams is going to EAT next Sunday.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dolphins just signed Bills killer Melvin Ingram.

He have anything left?  Dude is a 12-year vet.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I wonder if Tua was concussed? He took a big shot on an ill advised run for the endzone. Instead of sliding, he went too his knees and got leveled. He generally looked clueless afterward. But so did McDaniel.

I think he just tweaked his back.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, Gawd, please reconsider the way you worded this.  That's a horrible way to view a football player's serious injury, even if he plays for an opposing team.

Buffalo should mind their own store and take care of their own business.

As a fan you make your peace with the fact that football has an injury rate of roughly one hundred percent.

Nobody is dancing around because a guy got hurt.  But it's a fact of the game.  Everybody gets them.  We have had our share and nobody felt sorry for us.  It's okay to discuss how it might affect your team's chances going forward.  After all, part of taking care of their own business includes winning in week 18.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

100%. The second you cheer injuries on a rivals team…take a guess what happens to your team next?

So you are saying posters cheering injuries to opposing head coaches have ulterior motives?

I am sorry if Coach McD gets hit by a semi but I have been hoping for Beli-CHEAT to get hit by a semi for years.

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

As a fan you make your peace with the fact that football has an injury rate of roughly one hundred percent.

Nobody is dancing around because a guy got hurt.  But it's a fact of the game.  Everybody gets them.  We have had our share and nobody felt sorry for us.  It's okay to discuss how it might affect your team's chances going forward.  After all, part of taking care of their own business includes winning in week 18.

I'm sorry, but the OP post referenced the Fins C injury as "The cards keep falling Buffalo's  way".

I'm not feeling sorry for the Fins, but viewing their C's injury as a card falling our teams way is a Bridge too Far IMHO.  You do You though.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dolphins just signed Bills killer Melvin Ingram.

I saw this. Ingram rag-dolled Spencer Brown last time they faced each other, all 6-8 320 Ibs of him. Kept making impact plays all game. Why is he still available? 

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sorry, but the OP post referenced the Fins C injury as "The cards keep falling Buffalo's  way".

I'm not feeling sorry for the Fins, but viewing their C's injury as a card falling our teams way is a Bridge too Far IMHO.  You do You though.

No need to apologize.

Anyway, it IS a card that fell our way.  They're not as good as they were 24 hours ago.  That's undeniable.  What I take issue with is saying that they KEEP falling our way.  These things have a way of evening out over time, and nothing you or I do or say will impact that.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Whatever. I didn't say I'm glad the guy is hurt nor did i or have i ever wished for any player to get hurt. 

If a player being unavailable hurts the Dolphins and helps the Bills, so be it. 

And as much as you might not want to acknowledge it,  anything that negatively affects the teams ahead of the Bills and improves the Bills playoff chances,  would apply to the figure of speech I used. 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

This hurts them bad. Their backup Center is Eichenberg and he has struggled tremendously at the position. They play the Jets with Quinnen Williams, Dallas with their #3 defense, the Ravens with their #2 defense, and then us with Ed Oliver. I hope Tua makes it through the rest of the season healthy because the prospects are not looking good for his protection at the moment. 

Yeah and if Daquan Jones is playing in the regular season at all it's going to be this game, not to mention Ed who's a monster and Linval Joseph who has been filling in very well, could be a real nightmare.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

This hurts them bad. Their backup Center is Eichenberg and he has struggled tremendously at the position. They play the Jets with Quinnen Williams, Dallas with their #3 defense, the Ravens with their #2 defense, and then us with Ed Oliver. I hope Tua makes it through the rest of the season healthy because the prospects are not looking good for his protection at the moment. 

If Tua is gonna get hurt, I hope it's before our game.  Not because I don't want to play him, but because I don't want us to be responsible for it.  It's going to be a gauntlet for him.  I hope he stays healthy too. 

43 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

As advantageous as it might be, it’s never good karma to cheer injuries.  Karma has a strange way of working out 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah and if Daquan Jones is playing in the regular season at all it's going to be this game, not to mention Ed who's a monster and Linval Joseph who has been filling in very well, could be a real nightmare.

I'm not sure about that. I think he'll go when he's ready to go, but it would be awesome if somehow he was able to for this game. Exceptionally doubtful unfortunately.

51 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think we're going to see Daquan Jones until he has been "designated to return" and has participated in practice for a couple of weeks.  Even if his pec is ready to go, he needs to build back into "game shape"

25 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I'm not sure about that. I think he'll go when he's ready to go, but it would be awesome if somehow he was able to for this game. Exceptionally doubtful unfortunately.

Do you know some inside info or are you just talkin out your you know what?

Minnesota Vikings DE Danielle Hunter suffered a season-ending pectoral tear in 2021 in Week 8 and missed 10 games total, undergoing surgery.

Former G Jon Feliciano tore his right pectoral muscle bench pressing shortly after training camp broke in 2020. He underwent surgery and missed all of training camp before returning in Week 8, missing seven games, and taking three months to return

Former Texans DE JJ Watt tore his left pectoral muscle and returned in 10 weeks during the 2019 season, just in time for the Bills to face them in the playoffs. 

Some internet examples of total pec tears requiring surgery. Seems to be a 10-12 week recovery. Week 18 would be 13 weeks. Everyone is different, but I think the chances are pretty solid we see him again this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think we're going to see Daquan Jones until he has been "designated to return" and has participated in practice for a couple of weeks.  Even if his pec is ready to go, he needs to build back into "game shape"

I mean that would be why I said if he plays in the regular season it would be the very last game of the regular season. 🤷‍♂️

But who knows there's four games left if he's trending in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Do you know some inside info or are you just talkin out your you know what?

Minnesota Vikings DE Danielle Hunter suffered a season-ending pectoral tear in 2021 in Week 8 and missed 10 games total, undergoing surgery.

Former G Jon Feliciano tore his right pectoral muscle bench pressing shortly after training camp broke in 2020. He underwent surgery and missed all of training camp before returning in Week 8, missing seven games, and taking three months to return

Former Texans DE JJ Watt tore his left pectoral muscle and returned in 10 weeks during the 2019 season, just in time for the Bills to face them in the playoffs. 

Some internet examples of total pec tears requiring surgery. Seems to be a 10-12 week recovery. Week 18 would be 13 weeks. Everyone is different, but I think the chances are pretty solid we see him again this year.

Just based on what McDermott said the other day.

Yeah, I think we’ll see him again this year, I was meaning likely not for the Dallas game. 

7 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not sure how anyone sees this as a break for us after the Bengals reserve O-linemen bullied our defensive line for 48 minutes in a playoff game. 

The Bills were down to their back-ups on D-line too.   Daquan & Von were out & Phillips was playing w a dislocated shoulder bc no one else was left.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

As one of my friends who is a diehard Phins fan always says to me when we are decimated by injuries (Von, Tre, Milano, Daquan, Dane, Hyde):

"Oh well, whatever... thats football. Suck it up"

Get wrecked Miami!

GO BILLS!!

Yep.  Every fan from every football team disregards other teams' injuries and over emphasizes their own.

It's part of being a fan.  Next man up.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.