Araiza, accuser agree to dismiss civil lawsuits against each other

Draconator

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I think after the Bills kicked him to the curb, they are the last team he wants to sign with…especially considering the nasty weather the Bills punter has to deal with year in and year out. 

I think if the kid has a brain in his head he understands that no team could keep him on their roster once that stuff came out.  I'd be surprised if he holds any ill will towards Beane or the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's time now to make this right.  Martin's crappy punt and long return against the Chefs damn near cost us the game.  Sign Araiza to the PS, have him hold for Bass again, and see how it goes.  First chance you get, cut Martin and activate Araiza.  It's the least we can do, considering that we're playing a pregnant girlfriend beater (allegedly).  Bring back Araiza.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, teef said:

I bet they’re dating. 

You’re the best! 

41 minutes ago, Beach said:

if im Araiza, im not coming to Buffalo after the amount of fans who judged him guilty with no evidence

Would've happened anywhere.  If I'm Beane I'd consider giving him a shot next off-season.  See if he can still hold for Bass and how well he is with directional punts.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's time now to make this right.  Martin's crappy punt and long return against the Chefs damn near cost us the game.  Sign Araiza to the PS, have him hold for Bass again, and see how it goes.  First chance you get, cut Martin and activate Araiza.  It's the least we can do, considering that we're playing a pregnant girlfriend beater (allegedly).  Bring back Araiza.

Exactly.  Dude deserves it and so do we.  He is a good punter, ours sucks, we deserve to get something for our 6th pick

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, chongli said:

If he does go to the NFL, we get first dibs and he had better do a rookie contract or close to it.

And if he does come back to Buffalo, @Araiza Curse needs to change his user name so the curse can be lifted! 😅

I plan on doing exactly that. If he signs with the Bills, I will proclaim the curse lifted and will go back to my old name. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Yeah, we're the only human culture that does that <_<

Honestly, on a per capita basis I would say we probably do because of readily available access to social media platforms and opinionated news sources.  You’re right, judgementalism isn’t a Buffalo or American thing, it’s a personality trait but I think Americans are more willing to openly voice their opinions.  

No one's bringing him on to an active roster this late in the season. He's missed two years of NFL training. You hope he's still been training in his down time, but no one's throwing him straight on to the field with one Pre-Season game under his belt total from last season.

I'd imagine he'll get offers to be brought into Training Camp's next season. Outside chance someone signs him to a Practice Squad spot to store him now. 

But if the Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel HBO show is any indication, most teams around the league don't want to deal with a Punter that could cause controversy in the Public even if he were to be completely cleared (and he was). In a lot of ways, the damage has already been (unfairly) done.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

“Araiza reserves the right to sue the accuser’s lawyer for defamation.”

Smart to reserve it.  And perhaps they are already gathering evidence that they knew he wasn't involved but  wanted to cash in on his nfl money.  I'm sure there's probably a statute of limitations on how long he has to file such a suit.  

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Happy for the kid. 

I think teams have been waiting for the matter to be completely settled on the Civil side to potentially give Araiza a look in the off-season, so hopefully that will happen now.

With no legal issues, that will leave out the Chiefs, Bengals and Patriots.

• Haha (+1) 5

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I wouldn't right now. As inconsistent as Martin has been he's also Bass's holder and that's something Araiza doesn't have exp with. Bass had had issues already and there in no way I mess with his holder this close to playoffs. Easily could cost us much more than a couple short punts.

Wouldn’t want him holding Bass’ balls-that’s just another lawsuit waiting to happen 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beach said:

if im Araiza, im not coming to Buffalo after the amount of fans who judged him guilty with no evidence

If he feels that way then so be it. You can't blame a franchise for not backing a 6th round punter with such allegations against him. That was really tough look for Buffalo in the public eye. 

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Happy for the kid. 

I think teams have been waiting for the matter to be completely settled on the Civil side to potentially give Araiza a look in the off-season, so hopefully that will happen now.

exactly. nothing happening.  in season unless with a team out of the running? 

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Did he or did he not sleep with an inebriated underaged girl? 

Everything I’ve read says they did the oral/vaginal acts outside, in the yard, and he thought she was 18 because that’s what she was telling everybody. Then she went inside the house, and then that’s where she says she was gang raped, but at that point MA was on to the next party. 😉

1 hour ago, tomur67 said:

If Buffalo waits to sign him after the season is over, it will be too late.  He is too good of a talent to be passed up by 31 other teams.  Unless the Bills  have made a verbal agreement with him to bring him back when this thing is over.

I'm going to be angry if another team signs him. We gave up a 6th for him. [Same goes for Frazier if he becomes a head coach somewhere and we get no comp pick.]

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Good for him but what a nasty situation to even be part of. I’d rather the Bills draft Tory Taylor (punter from Iowa) in the draft.

Can't waste another draft pick on a punter. 

50 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

As stubborn as I am, I wouldn’t have dropped charges against her. Even if I wanted to move on. 

Then his career would have been on hold indefinitely. Plaintiff's attorney could drag out discovery for years.

5 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

I highly doubt this organization brings him back. They said if he cleared his name they would consider, but I doubt it. Hopefully they prove me wrong. They preach family and cut him loose without his day in court. That’s pretty low. 

Most corporate entities preach “family” but they are anything but. The Bills are no different. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.