Araiza, accuser agree to dismiss civil lawsuits against each other

Draconator

7 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Considering how bad Martin has been, can the Bills sign him back now?

This guy is not coming to the Bills ever again.  He was cut without any due process.  This is a really bad look for the Bills, and they have done exactly the opposite with Von Miller.  Seems like a dual standard/inconsistent process.  (yes, I used that word deliberately)  Stay with the process?  WHAT process?  He was the accused, not convicted.  He should still be punting for the Bills.  If Ariza were black, the racism allegations would be loud.  BTW he will never even talk to the Bills again.  Surprised most on this board don't see that.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

This guy is not coming to the Bills ever again.  He was cut without any due process.  This is a really bad look for the Bills, and they have done exactly the opposite with Von Miller.  Seems like a dual standard/inconsistent process.  (yes, I used that word deliberately)  Stay with the process?  WHAT process?  He was the accused, not convicted.  He should still be punting for the Bills.  If Ariza were black, the racism allegations would be loud.  BTW he will never even talk to the Bills again.  Surprised most on this board don't see that.

Yes. I agree. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

And yet,they play Von Miller. I call BS on Beane. Ruined a young man's life for gut feelings? Putrid imo

I don’t want neither of these two men back with the Buffalo Bills regardless of the legal outcome. Because they both lack common sense and don’t know how to behave in civilized society. Buffalo Super Fan says no because they both lack common sense let them go to another NFL team with there stupidity you can’t win championships with people that put themselves in that situation. Especially when there are so many football players out there yearly that have common sense and know how to behave in civilized society playing by the rules in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

I would like to think they learned from their rush to judgement mistake with the Punt God and thus are not responding the same with Von...

The two situations are different for a variety of reasons (legally, contractually, etc).

There is nothing they learned from the Araiza situation that has anything to do with the Von Miler situation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I don’t want neither of these two men back with the Buffalo Bills regardless of the legal outcome. Because they both lack common sense and don’t know how to behave in civilized society. Buffalo Super Fan says no because they both lack common sense let them go to another NFL team with there stupidity you can’t win championships with people that put themselves in that situation. Especially when there are so many football players out there yearly that have common sense and know how to behave in civilized society playing by the rules in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Third person? 

Vince Vaughn Lol GIF by filmeditor

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I wouldn't right now. As inconsistent as Martin has been he's also Bass's holder and that's something Araiza doesn't have exp with. Bass had had issues already and there in no way I mess with his holder this close to playoffs. Easily could cost us much more than a couple short punts.

Araiza was Bass's holder when Bass was having his best season

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

A little evangelical are we? 😎

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

He never punted for the Bills.

let him go.  He doesn't know you.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Ah he'd rather not play for anyone then.  That's a brilliant career strategy.  He'd sign if Beane called.

You don't know how excited I was to have both Bass and Araiza on Special Teams heading into the season. We were must-see TV on every side of the ball. I believe we had the most dynamic kicker-punter combo in football.

Come on Coach McDermott, give Araiza a second, third, and even fourth chance like we used to with Peterman back in the day.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Araiza was Bass's holder when Bass was having his best season

A little evangelical are we? 😎

Araiza didn't even make it TO the season. He was cut in pre season. Unless you mean his best pre season? And even in that time frame, I believe Haack was still holding for the majority of it.

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Happy for the kid. 

I think teams have been waiting for the matter to be completely settled on the Civil side to potentially give Araiza a look in the off-season, so hopefully that will happen now.

Beck, the matter is settled, and now it should be about 2nd chances whether it’s with us or another team.  It’s unrelated, but the Von mess is not helping.  It stinks in the court of public opinion, they should be seen as unrelated, but they won’t be by the media.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, Doc said:

It's the same guy representing her from the beginning and he's likely been working on contingency, while the civil trial is rapidly approaching, so it's not a money issue.  And if she thinks she has a good case, she'd see it through.  No they realize they will lose both civil suits and weren't able to scare him into a settlement.  And she likely has little money for him to recover anyway.

Is it not possible they simply came to an agreement outside of the courts and withdrew the cases?

17 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I wouldn't right now. As inconsistent as Martin has been he's also Bass's holder and that's something Araiza doesn't have exp with. Bass had had issues already and there in no way I mess with his holder this close to playoffs. Easily could cost us much more than a couple short punts.

Thats an odd coincidence as Bass' form has dipped with Martin as the holder and that might be another reason to jettison Martin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.