So, Diggs saw this coming, no?

TheBrownBear

3 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

Believe me or note, no big deal to me, but I am friendly with several current and former bills/NFL players. All of them say some version of Diggs is nice but unstable. 

He can be unstable behind the scenes all he wants, that is not relevant to the "outbursts" you and I were discussing. All the times he has had "outbursts" have been rational times so no reason to expect any differently now. Hopefully they will work it out now that Dorsey is gone I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Dude is in his sixth Season as a professional football player. how many times does he need to watch himself on film make the wrong throw to the wrong team over the head of the right guy open at the sticks to learn?

You write this, lacking any context of what happens around the NFL.

Allen went into last nights game with only 1 more INT than the best QB in the world right now. 

I repeat: Allen went into last nights game with only 1 more INT than the best QB in the world right now. 

You act as if he is on pace to double the INT's of other elite QB's, but that simply is not the case.

Allen is #1 in TD's, top 5 in yards, top 5 in QBR, went into last nights game with 1 more INT than the QB who has won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

If he doesn't like the grind anymore, or is phoning it in, then sure - I'll be right there with you, bashing him. But I have seen zero evidence that this is the case. I think he has lost some fire because of the HC's mentality, which use to be offset by the OC's mentality, but now that OC is in New Jersey.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You write this, lacking any context of what happens around the NFL.

Allen went into last nights game with only 1 more INT than the best QB in the world right now. 

I repeat: Allen went into last nights game with only 1 more INT than the best QB in the world right now. 

You act as if he is on pace to double the INT's of other elite QB's, but that simply is not the case.

Allen is #1 in TD's, top 5 in yards, top 5 in QBR, went into last nights game with 1 more INT than the QB who has won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

If he doesn't like the grind anymore, or is phoning it in, then sure - I'll be right there with you, bashing him. But I have seen zero evidence that this is the case. I think he has lost some fire because of the HC's mentality, which use to be offset by the OC's mentality, but now that OC is in New Jersey.

mahomes even said himself he’s having a bad year so far on offense. That said his worst season ever 2.4% int rate much worse than recent 1% years is still much better than joshs 3.1% second to only 2018. 

it would be nice it the OC is a magic bullet but I just can’t believe the OC is prescribing those I’ll advised passes. I guess we shall see when we square off against Zack Wilson

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

mahomes even said himself he’s having a bad year so far on offense. That said his worst season ever 2.4% int rate much worse than recent 1% years is still much better than joshs 3.1% second to only 2018. 

it would be nice it the OC is a magic bullet but I just can’t believe the OC is prescribing those I’ll advised passes. I guess we shall see when we square off against Zack Wilson

but an oc designing bad route combos, and poor personnel choices me swing the needle 3-4 picks, even if not 6-7

think the terrible route combo with the jets for example. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

I am shocked at how little a story Diggs has been.

I figured if we struggled this year (especially in games where he didn't see 10+ targets), he would go off the rails big time and turn into a circus - however, he has been pretty quiet (unless i missed something..).

hes letting the play of diva allen speak for itself

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

3 years, $56m with nothing guaranteed is not a bad contract for acquiring team. A team like Carolina is desperate to salvage their investment in Bryce Young.  

True. I just don't think we can get a first for him. We might have to give up a bit more than Diggs to unload him.

21 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

His behavior after the playoff game and the training camp walkout was the canary in the coalmine, so to speak.  He knew nothing would change and that "the process" had run it's course.

I think he saw the lack of changes and Beanne doing next to nothing in bringing in better supporting receiver talent.  The biggest thing were missing from years past was Beasely and him getting those quick 15-20 yard passes or key 3rd down completions for first downs.  He made it easier for Davis to be the 3rd option.  It was Beane that keep taking BS and how he loves Davis.  That huge game in KC was because because KC lost their starting safety early and had a terrible secondary who were also focused on covering Diggs.

Are fans not tired of seeing Davis and Allen not on the same page,  I am sure Diggs is.

1 hour ago, leonbus23 said:

True. I just don't think we can get a first for him. We might have to give up a bit more than Diggs to unload him.

Bills would be hit with massive dead money hits trading him in 2024

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe Josh is depressed in part because he and Diggs aren’t close buds off the field anymore. Didn’t they used to hang out and play video games? i recall hearing that in interviews they did back in the good times.

I saw on a different NFL message board that on the TD pass to Kincaid, Diggs was wide open and gesturing frustrated that Josh didn’t throw him the ball.  But since Kincaid was Wide open, not sure how he could be upset about that.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Rigotz said:

I have no idea how you destroy a great QB like that as well.

Destroy a great QB?

It was exactly two weeks ago Allen was:

#1 in TD's

#1 in Completion %

#1 in QBR

#1 ranked PFF QB

Tied #1 in Interceptions

In other words, just two weeks ago he was having a career year with the typical high turnovers we see out of him. I don't think Allen has been destroyed at all. Even with this current two game slide since those #1 rankings I imagine Allen ranks pretty high still.  But that is not to say McDermott hasn't lost the locker room and have other issues. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/14/2023 at 8:57 PM, Niagara Dude said:

I think he saw the lack of changes and Beanne doing next to nothing in bringing in better supporting receiver talent.  The biggest thing were missing from years past was Beasely and him getting those quick 15-20 yard passes or key 3rd down completions for first downs.  He made it easier for Davis to be the 3rd option.  It was Beane that keep taking BS and how he loves Davis.  That huge game in KC was because because KC lost their starting safety early and had a terrible secondary who were also focused on covering Diggs.

Are fans not tired of seeing Davis and Allen not on the same page,  I am sure Diggs is.

Bills would be hit with massive dead money hits trading him in 2024

Re: Diggs, that’s not exactly true. It will cost us $3M more to trade him off the roster before June 1 than to have him on. And no additional cap hit going forward. So yes it’s $31M but he will cost $28M anyways. 

If we wait until after June 1 we save $19M in 2024. And eat his normal cap hit in dead money of $22M in 2025. So 2024 is actually a major gain for us and 2025 would be a wash. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/stefon-diggs-16872/

55 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I saw on a different NFL message board that on the TD pass to Kincaid, Diggs was wide open and gesturing frustrated that Josh didn’t throw him the ball.  But since Kincaid was Wide open, not sure how he could be upset about that.

This is not true at all.

Diggs route on that play was specifically designed to get Kincaid free and he ran it to perfection.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:39 PM, Einstein said:

Amen.

And perhaps more importantly, Allen has what about 10 more TD's than Mahomes on the season? So in what, one more game played than Mahomes, Allen has 10 more TD's and 3 more INT's than Mahomes now? 

The Bills were one of the best teams in the league before they lost three of their best defensive players in the span of about two quarters. They are giving up almost 10ppg more in their last six games (22ppg) (starting with the Jags game) compared to the first four games in which they gave up 13ppg on average.

For some reference, the Cheifs have not won a single game this year in which their defense gave up more than 20 points, they are 0-2. If they had the Bills defense they would be 0-5 in such games, which also happens to be the Bills record this year in such games. 

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Why do you think that? Unless things go from bad to worse with McDermott, Diggs will be here in 2024. 

I still want them to draft a WR, a speedy one at that, in the draft

I dont think he will be. He won’t be traded until after the draft unless there’s something I’m missing cap wise. Bills save a lot trading him after June 1st.

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

This is not true at all.

Diggs route on that play was specifically designed to get Kincaid free and he ran it to perfection.

Exactly. Diggs is a hard worker and great teammate but I think he genuinely sees something wrong in Buffalo.

I don’t think he’ll ever tell us what it is. Maybe a new head coach fixes his issues.

Don't know who they are but the both guys are 100% spot on and I agree that Stef was talking to his circle , which prompted the ridiculous tweets by his brother.  I love 14 but starting last year, leaving the locker room, as a captain,  is a terrible look and unacceptable.  Then missing OTAs, the cryptic tweets. Like grow the F up man, if you have something to say, say it yourself! 

Maybe he's truly a cancer in that locker room , idk but it wouldn't be the first time in his career. 

https://x.com/pickasidepod/status/1724899655514050908?s=20

Gronk chiming in on Diggs - https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1724909131751100651?s=20

Edit - lot of downvotes , I'm just presenting what ppl are saying.  Ultimately I hope it only gives Allen and the team , especially the O , a huge chip on their shoulder vs Dallas

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Diggs situation is more smoke without substance than just about anything I've seen in sports.

One of the best teammates and leaders the Buffalo Bills have ever had.  Everyone talks about him nationally - but most of it is just speculation.  Guys w/ shows & podcasts filling up the time..

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Success said:

The Diggs situation is more smoke without substance than just about anything I've seen in sports.

One of the best teammates and leaders the Buffalo Bills have ever had.  Everyone talks about him nationally - but most of it is just speculation.  Guys w/ shows & podcasts filling up the time..

I agree but when there's smoke there's usually fire and I'm a huge fan of 14 but leaving the building is a fact and that's unacceptable. You don't think that bothered players and coaches? 

listen to the last guy regarding the tweet, now that I think about it , he's spot on. His bro doesn't send those Direct tweets without Stef signing off imo

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree but when there's smoke there's usually fire and I'm a huge fan of 14 but leaving the building is a fact and that's unacceptable. You don't think that bothered players and coaches? 

listen to the last guy regarding the tweet, now that I think about it , he's spot on. His bro doesn't send those Direct tweets without Stef signing off imo

What has Stefon Diggs done since he (justifiably, I might add) had an issue with the offensive game plan and performance in the Bengals Playoff game - causing an (overblown) post game fit and a (again, probably justifiable) blowup with the coaches during OTA's?

He hasn't said or done anything negative recently, when he has all the reason in the world too right now. He's been pumping guys up every time they show him on camera and jovial during pregames.

Now you're implying Stefon was behind his brothers tweets? At 11:37 PM on Monday when Stef was either still talking to players and coaches on field or meeting with the team in the locker room? What did he do, tell Trevon "if the game goes bad tonight, post something"? Trevon is his own man and tweets from the hip constantly. Bit of a reach to say Stef was behind it.

There's lots of people to be mad at right now. A lot of blame to go around. But Stef isn't one of them. And this post is just not it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

he just wants the ball all the time and when he doesnt get it well HIS BROTHER whines...

judging by how those analysts pregame looked, maybe he is sick of the cold haha

all in all im sure he snivels to his bro sometimes out of frustration, but it is time for him to say something in regards to his bro's tweets or tell his bro to keep his yapper pursed

• Like (+1) 1

This may not be the case BUT it seems almost every unhappy player that we eventually part ways starts and progresses with events like this. Could be totally wrong but it seems like the same energy happened with Henry, Willis, Moulds,Lynch, and Stevie to name a few…man we have been through the wars haven’t we?

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Don't know who they are but the both guys are 100% spot on and I agree that Stef was talking to his circle , which prompted the ridiculous tweets by his brother.  I love 14 but starting last year, leaving the locker room, as a captain,  is a terrible look and unacceptable.  Then missing OTAs, the cryptic tweets. Like grow the F up man, if you have something to say, say it yourself! 

Maybe he's truly a cancer in that locker room , idk but it wouldn't be the first time in his career. 

https://x.com/pickasidepod/status/1724899655514050908?s=20

Gronk chiming in on Diggs - https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1724909131751100651?s=20

I mean, maybe I’d agree with you if it had any impact on the play on field. It doesn’t. Stefon Diggs, weird as he may be to some, has never, ever not shown up to play. He wants to be the best and he wants to win. Period. If he’s pissed it’s for good reasons.

Josh Allen, on the other hand, it’s hard to tell sometimes.

I don’t care what his brother says on X either.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

This may not be the case BUT it seems almost every unhappy player that we eventually part ways starts and progresses with events like this. Could be totally wrong but it seems like the same energy happened with Henry, Willis, Moulds,Lynch, and Stevie to name a few…man we have been through the wars haven’t we?

Not until after next year as his contract is basically untradeable.  Diggs can either play on his deal through 2024 or sit out 2024 and not get paid.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

You realize his brother was tweeting to get his bro to Dallas BEFORE Diggs signed an extension keeping him in Buffalo long enough to retire there right?  And yet Stef still signed his extension to stay.  

His brothers tweets mean nothing, why are people trying force and create narratives all the time?  Stef is literally causing no waves of any kind yet this narrative persists.  

11 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Diggs obviously isn’t happy. Him and his brother are close so I’m pretty sure Stef has expressed his displeasure to him. Trevon wouldn’t just blow up his spot like that. 

Except the tweets happened while Stef was still with the team meaning he couldn’t have spoken to Trevon before he tweeted that. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

So we are only 2-5 in 1 score games? Massive room for improvement, no?

Yes, there's all kinds of massive room for improvement.  We're losing to bad teams and we haven't played a complete 60 minute game in quite some time.  I believe the Bills have a serious problem on their hands.  They have 7 games to straighten things out or others will be joining Dorsey imo.

Edited by juno999

59 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Diggs obviously isn’t happy. Him and his brother are close so I’m pretty sure Stef has expressed his displeasure to him. Trevon wouldn’t just blow up his spot like that. 

exactly 

and he doubled down on the initial tweet. 

Like I said, it's all speculation but when there's smoke usually there's fire

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You realize his brother was tweeting to get his bro to Dallas BEFORE Diggs signed an extension keeping him in Buffalo long enough to retire there right?  And yet Stef still signed his extension to stay.  

His brothers tweets mean nothing, why are people trying force and create narratives all the time?  Stef is literally causing no waves of any kind yet this narrative persists.  

Except the tweets happened while Stef was still with the team meaning he couldn’t have spoken to Trevon before he tweeted that. 

He also tweeted on Tuesday.  Just saying. Hopefully it's b.s and Allen has a huge chip on his shoulder and dominates vs Dal

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.