Do You Watch NFL When The Bills Aren’t On?

Irv

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Solomon, Im not sure.  I mean as for the college route we already have Joe Brady on staff who helped Burrow have the best QB season to date and win a Heisman.  I would rather have a guy who has spent some time under someone who has been successful. Not sure who right now, Im still recovering from back surgery Tuesday.

As OC only. He can bring Keon Coleman or Johnny Wilson with him. Quick recovery 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

First Field of Dreams and now Rear Window for me today between dog walks. Two great movies imo.

My early game stinks and I don’t feel like flipping over to YouTubeTV. I know, it’s just a few clicks, but it’s not worth it to me. Maybe a little bit of a late game, time will tell.  

3 minutes ago, benderbender said:

The number of people who used their hard earned, inflation money on Youtube TV and don’t bother to watch it is astonishing. 

It is an interesting economics question, made even more interesting by the number of nationally televised games you would see this year even without YouTube

18 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

I turn a multiview and sort of pay attention 

Do I assume correctly multiview is a Sunday Ticket feature on YTTV? I honestly watch 95% Bills, and just sample the rest. 

I’m honestly curious. Non-Bills games are mostly background noise to me, and baseball is deeeeeeppppp background noise. 

6 hours ago, benderbender said:

Exactly. That's why the depression about wins against the Giants and Bucs seem silly. The Chiefs win in the same manner 4 to 5 times a year in prime time and get praised. They get a favorable call on the last drive or a hail mary doesn't work and Mahomes really did a great job. 

The chiefs have shown they can win in the playoffs and have a coach that actually knows how to win the big games. They are going to sleepwalk to another division title (and likely a first round bye). 

It’s silly to compare what’s going on with KC to the Bills. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Do I assume correctly multiview is a Sunday Ticket feature on YTTV? I honestly watch 95% Bills, and just sample the rest. 

I’m honestly curious. Non-Bills games are mostly background noise to me, and baseball is deeeeeeppppp background noise. 

Yes they provide multiple,multiview streams. When a bills aren’t playing I turn one on that has most interest

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not very frequently, but I do realize that every team has its issues, and many of those issues are the same ones the Bills wrestle with.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't start watching other teams until December. I try to keep up with records and things like that, but I just don't care to watch until there is an idea of who and what is important. 

And I just don't really support the NFL product as a whole. I'd stop watching the Bills, but the heart wants what the heart wants. 

I do. I watch a lot of games each weekend.

This is why I think it is so dumb that Bills "fans" complain about the Bills and McDermott so much. They obviously don't watch the struggles of other teams.

56 minutes ago, MJS said:

I do. I watch a lot of games each weekend.

This is why I think it is so dumb that Bills "fans" complain about the Bills and McDermott so much. They obviously don't watch the struggles of other teams.

The complaining can be a bit much. beating a dead horse, if you will. but you don't need to watch the rest of the league to come to the conclusion that McD is a guy that can make you a playoff team, but not a guy who can make you the best. I think most people, like me, who don't watch anything else now, have watched a lot of football in the past. You don't have to watch 3 games per weekend to know what an epic f up 13 seconds was, just to start. 

• Disagree 1

On 10/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, FrenchConnection said:

If a lot of people say that they don’t watch other teams, it would explain a lot of the posts on this board.

Case.

16 hours ago, Airseven said:

On the whole, NFL is rather boring. It’s good background noise though and I like to catch the occasional wild ending.

Point.

30 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

The complaining can be a bit much. beating a dead horse, if you will. but you don't need to watch the rest of the league to come to the conclusion that McD is a guy that can make you a playoff team, but not a guy who can make you the best. I think most people, like me, who don't watch anything else now, have watched a lot of football in the past. You don't have to watch 3 games per weekend to know what an epic f up 13 seconds was, just to start. 

I knew I heard someone grinding an axe somewhere

On 10/29/2023 at 11:11 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

I’ll catch some of the Panther/Titans

and Bungles/49ers. If the Pats/Fins game is on I’ll watch some of that too.

80 degrees and sunny today so we’ll probably hang out outside and enjoy it too.

I live in Fort Lauderdale part time.  Hard to sit inside all day on a beautiful Sunday afternoon if the Bills aren’t playing.  But I certainly will watch some football every Sunday and follow on my phone the games I bet on. 

The Seahawks-Browns game was excellent yesterday to watch btw.  

On YoutubeTv you can watch 4 games at once.  And choose which one you want sound on.  For my money Kevin Harlan is the best NFL announcer.  And Gus Johnson is the best college announcer. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2023 at 6:50 AM, Irv said:

Not sure I will watch any football today. Might work on my Haiku instead. You?

I love football, so yeah, always watching regardless.  Plus my wife is a big Niners fan, so we always have her game too.  I mean this is why I have an 85" and two 42" TV's in our living room cuz we both love football.  Its also nice to have the side TV's to throw other games/sports on while the wife wants to watch the Great British Baking Show or something like the Bachelor on the big one lol.  

My son just turned 5 months but he is a mad man and full crawling and standing already and loves to just be in his play area doing his own thing.  So this weekend I just laid in his play pen watching football with him while he just had a ball climbing all over me and jamming around his play area haha.  Having him to play with during these lame Bills games helps my mood too lol

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.