Do You Watch NFL When The Bills Aren’t On?

Irv

I will usually watch some football, but I don’t obligate myself to spend an entire day at it, often there are pressing things to get done like getting things ready for winter around the home on a nice fall weekend.  Today, we’ll be taking our granddaughter to lunch and shopping, but I’ll probably catch some of SNF 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

If a lot of people say that they don’t watch other teams, it would explain a lot of the posts on this board.

Exactly. That's why the depression about wins against the Giants and Bucs seem silly. The Chiefs win in the same manner 4 to 5 times a year in prime time and get praised. They get a favorable call on the last drive or a hail mary doesn't work and Mahomes really did a great job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

YES!! Without the pins/needles or Xanax!! 

Yes! Best Sunday of football is after a Bills Thursday night win. And I don’t watch red zone because I think it gives a skewed perspective. For example, it you had been watching RZ two weeks ago, you would have come away with the impression that the Bengals

offense is 100% back because they scored on their first two drives. And then your focus would have shifted to other games because the Bengals never made it back to the Red Zone again.

47 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

If a lot of people say that they don’t watch other teams, it would explain a lot of the posts on this board.

This may actually be the most insightful and truthful statement I've seen on this board is quite a while. The only thing I may add is from some of the posts I see here I question how many people even watch the Bills play. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Since the NFL demonstrated how little they care about the integrity of the game during our London trip, I have learned to care far less about the NFL. Home game my ass. They have been building a Jags fanbase there since 2013. The Jags should NEVER play a “road game” there. And the jet lag “experiment”? Sorry, you lost me. They also took out a perfectly good field and played on what Von Miller called the worst field he had played on in 13 years in the league. Guys were dropping like flies on that field.

I’m still a Bills fan, but I’m also still pissed at the NFL. I’m not sure if that will ever change. I won’t make a point of watching any NFL today.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If I’m home and inside, it’s background noise. 

Today I’ll be cleaning out the garage in preparation for winter, going grocery shopping, cleaning, then cooking dinner. 

I doubt my TV will even be on before the 4pm games. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Since the NFL demonstrated how little they care about the integrity of the game during our London trip,

This really calls for an independent review of the situation. In my opinion the league needs to have an independent commissioner, on the order of Mountain Landis, tasked with ensuring/restoring integrity to the game.  

• Dislike 1

I'll likely run Red Zone in the background while I work on other things today.  As far as watching a full game, between the announcers, the commercials, 10-20 injuries per game and the refs dictating the pace and sometimes the score of the game, it is very hard for me to do so if it is a non-Bills game.  

If you watch a full game now, you are likely to see the Verizon annoying guy interrupting a birthday party commercial more times that you will see an exciting play that isn't called back.  I liked the NFL much better than the "Roger Goodell's football themed sports entertainment show sponsored by Draftkings" that we have this season.

Edited by dgrochester55

Absolutely all day. NFL is really all I watch. Very little into other sports and shows. I absolutely love days like this. Bills win Thursday and I can sit back stress free watching all games today and tonight rooting for bills interests. Go falcons, saints, patriots 🤮, giants, jags(tough call but jags will win division easily so I’ll take Steeler L), panthers, Seahawks, cardinals, bears, lions, niners andddd broncos!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

If I’m home and inside, it’s background noise. 

Today I’ll be cleaning out the garage in preparation for winter, going grocery shopping, cleaning, then cooking dinner. 

I doubt my TV will even be on before the 4pm games. 

I don't understand why "football" fans do this stuff on Sundays just because the Bills aren't on. Anything I need done, I do mostly on Saturdays during football season so that way Sundays I can relax all day and watch football. People that like football but have this "eh, Bills aren't on so I'll clean the garage out" attitude, I don't get

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If not watching closely, you have to flip the games on around 3:30 when they are in the 4th Qtr. Usually there’s  2 or 3 that come down to the last second.  As an NFL fan, it’s the best time of the day. 

My BetMGM account is looking good lately, i’m definitely putting a few small wagers on the games today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.