TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

5 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Dorsey called an incredibly good game today.  Like very very good.

Until the 4th quarter he was pretty decent minus a few shotgun handoffs inside the five. But in the 4th quarter either he reverted to stupid or McD more likely neutered him. Either way it was another near coaching failure. 

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

I see we are continuing away from facts and instead proving opinions.

If we are trying to force opinions as fact, prove to me McD doesn’t go for it on 4th and short up 14 against the Chiefs in a playoff game?  Because his past has shown he would.  He sat back because he didn’t respect Mayfield.  It worked in the end, it just made the game closer than most wanted

You mean he played to lose.  I agree wholeheartedly and he almost pulled it off. 

That final pass was so dumb. how come no Bills were even looking at the ball? Also, McDermott should fine the two guys who had consecutive holding penalties on 4th Qtr punt returns. those cost them points i’m sure.  i’ll take the W.  some strange stuff. this team is just struggling to put anyone away.  i think we lose this game to about 20 other teams. Tampa is not good. 

10 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Happy for the win, but we’re not a SB caliber team.

If our hc doesn't go into his turtle shell whenever we have a lead we would have blew the doors off tampa....should have been like 40 plus points from our offense but we went ultra conservative after scoring to open the 2nd half

10 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Happy for the win, but we’re not a SB caliber team.

If our hc doesn't go into his turtle shell whenever we have a lead we would have blew the doors off tampa....should have been like 40 plus points from our offense but we went ultra conservative after scoring to open the 2nd half

This team has lost it swagger, it’s lost its killer instinct, it’s lost its confidence, and it’s lost its passion.  And I get it, it’s been a rough 2 years between a mass shooting, a near death of a teammate, a near death of an owner, and an injury bug that has borderline seemed curse-like.

But at this point I think it’s more than just Dorsey or McDermott or Josh or Diggs or anyone.  I don’t know how to fix it we just aren’t ourselves 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Adam Schein said it best on his podcast. He loves the talent on offense and loves JA as a generational talent. 

But, this team win never win anything as long as Sean McDermott is the HC.

Sadly, I'm starting to believe it. He is way to conservative and predictable, especially in crunch time when you have to salt away a game.

Every week McD puts all of the pressure on the defense, which is one of the worst in the league. Terrible coaching all around.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Yeah the 3rd and 4th and goal from the 1 play calls were exceptional.  Also big fan of that Diggs 1 yard out play that has gained 10 yards on 10 tries.  He had 4 chances to go up 3 scores and put up 0 points in the 4th.  That…is not good.  

Shotgun from the goal line wasn’t my favorite, 4th down to Kincaid was a good play call, Bucs did a great job managing coverages. Diggs out play was flipped for Davis, and was great throughout. 

McD makes the decisions on 4th and short, being conservative can be a valid criticism tonight.

8 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

So just a question…do the McD defenders watch a 4th quarter like tonight and think “wow, that was so expertly managed, what a phenomenal head coach we have!”?

I've been one of the biggest defenders. No I don't think that way. I just look at the bigger picture of everything he has done up to this point. The last 3 weeks have started wearing a little thin with me though 

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of noise from everybody with a keyboard this week. A lot of good this week. A lot. Credit to Josh, Dorsey, McD, the Defense, and Special Teams. 

All three phases were lights out 

My biggest knock is I lost an 11 leg parlay tonight because I took Cook on 2+ receptions. He had 1. Dorsey is a bum. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JMM said:

You mean he played to lose.  I agree wholeheartedly and he almost pulled it off. 

Ah, yes.  Talking with a child.  The Bills won the game.  Let me know when you want to admit that…. Want to criticize not going for it on 4th?  Sure.  But the Bills won the game and we move forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The offense played well all day. You just got to go for it in those spots at the end. Put people away. I trust Allen on 4th and 2 way more then this defense from anywhere. You have to move away from Murray. FFS, he’s not only old as ***** but he’s slow. It’s not hard to understand. RB is a young man’s game. We really have to get our ***** together with some of this day 1 bull####.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.