TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I will defend McDermott. I think he viewed TB offense as so little of a threat, he played conservatively. If we were out there playing KC, we would be going for it on all those 4th downs.

that’s the best I got.

It was the right call. You don’t risk going for it and giving the ball to Bucs down 6 at midfield 

• Like (+1) 2

The "omg we need to make a trade on offense" crowd had a rough day today.

High level performances by players like Dalton Kincaid, Gabe Davis, Khalil Shakir, and James Cook in a new look, non 12 personnel Offense that was cooking is going to temper the sense of urgency to make a move (if there were any to begin with).

Just now, jkeerie said:

McD didn't grab Baker's facemask to prolong the TD drive!  That was a stupid play by Phillips.  Bills would have gotten the ball and been able to move it down field.  Stop blaming the coaches for dumbarse players!

If multiple players are making dumb plays week after week that goes back to coaching. It would be one thing if this was a young team but it’s not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, cgg716 said:

I agree. This refers to Mcclappy, who tried to lose

Defense gave up key plays instead of closing out,  that’s on the defense.

I would’ve gone for it on 4th and inches, but jeez the defense needs to close drives out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Not the best called game by McD.

They keep ignoring drafting that effective 1-Tech we need when Jones goes down - this defensive front looks completely different when he is out.

Dorsey just does not have a good handle on situational offense and how to best use his players - that call to go shotgun with our team just inches from scoring screamed incompetent and stubbornly dumb overthinking what will work.

This is the first time I have said this, but I think they should be looking around for someone that would be a better OC fit for Allen and the kind offensive talent they have.

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

McD didn't grab Baker's facemask to prolong the TD drive!  That was a stupid play by Phillips.  Bills would have gotten the ball and been able to move it down field.  Stop blaming the coaches for dumbarse players!

Wow somebody who actually watched the game and understands football. I’m shocked

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I will defend McDermott. I think he viewed TB offense as so little of a threat, he played conservatively. If we were out there playing KC, we would be going for it on all those 4th downs.

that’s the best I got.

Punting where we punted with how our defense had been playing made sense, playing as conservatively as we were to burn clock as soon as we did was dumb. We should have aimed to go up by at least one more TD or FG and should have played aggressively enough to get into range to do it.

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It starts and end with the head coach. He takes the credit and the blame. We disappeared in the 4th quarter. That’s on the coaching staff!! Head Coach mostly!!

Edited by Baba Booey
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Thought we were behind the sticks due to penalties on the last two 24-10 drives.  Thought it sloppiness as much as conservative playcalling.

This is actually a pretty good football team when it doesn't take penalties.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

This is a big win. Wasn't pretty at the end. Bills still have to do some cleaning up but the win is important.

The offense looked really different tonight. I mean that in a good way. Many players got involved, yards after the catch, Josh running, creative offense with motion, etc...

The defense played well. Still having problems with the screen passes. Looked better stopping the run. Oliver makes a difference. Wish the pass rush could have gotten to Baker more 

Special teams looked good except for the penalties. Harty caught my eye with some nice returns. Great punts to pin the Bucs.

That hail mary pass was heart stopping scary. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that’s the best I got.

yes. And since they won he gets to be right 

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Dorsey called an incredibly good game today.  Like very very good.

Yeah the 3rd and 4th and goal from the 1 play calls were exceptional.  Also big fan of that Diggs 1 yard out play that has gained 10 yards on 10 tries.  He had 4 chances to go up 3 scores and put up 0 points in the 4th.  That…is not good.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

This team is incapable of closing a game out. Can't make that vital 1st down or can't get off the field. Bonehead penalties on 4th down stops. We go ultra conservative and make what should be a solid win into a white knuckler.  We do this over and over. Great teams finish. We cannot. 

THIS!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JMM said:

A good team dominates that game. They put their foot down and stomp that team. Tampa is a 6 win team. They nearly won. This is not the team of the last few years. This team is a 9 win team.

I see we are continuing away from facts and instead proving opinions.

If we are trying to force opinions as fact, prove to me McD doesn’t go for it on 4th and short up 14 against the Chiefs in a playoff game?  Because his past has shown he would.  He sat back because he didn’t respect Mayfield.  It worked in the end, it just made the game closer than most wanted

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Adam Schein said it best on his podcast. He loves the talent on offense and loves JA as a generational talent. 

But, this team win never win anything as long as Sean McDermott is the HC.

Sadly, I'm starting to believe it. He is way to conservative and predictable, especially in crunch time when you have to salt away a game.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.