Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

It’s not 100% on Dorsey. This is a tired and lazy take. Execution is terrible all over the place. Oline. Dline. QB. Wrs. Lots of blame it’s not one persons fault here. 

Of course not. There have been lapses in execution for sure. However, you have to wonder about the overall direction of the offense at this point. There doesn’t appear to be a lot of creativity within the scheme, and several elements that have been effective in the past are missing. 

Thee are no doubt a number of issues with the Bills right now but in my view the bulk of the problem has been player execution.  It was largely in the offensive side the previous two weeks, but this week the defense stepped up and largely played poorly.  It starts with Allen and he has been inconsistent at best, missing reads and missing throws at critical times.  Missed blocking assignments up front, stupid penalties, drops have all contributed to killing drives at inopportune times.  Defensive technique and execution were major problems with the D this week. 

I know people want to blame the coaches, and if the players are executing this poorly they certainly are in line for some blame, but the players need a major kick in the arse, and hopefully this can contribute.  

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s a bad sign because usually bad teams call players’ only meetings.

No, players on bad teams revolt or just stay silent.   JA mentioned even before the season started that the Bills player leadership had to step up more based on the dynamics of the Cinci playoff game.  Diggs is trying to be more of a sideline leader for example.  

The O also has to come together better as the D is literally the walking wounded. If the Bills are going to make anything of this season they have to figure out how to change. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, BigBadBills said:

Why is everyone taking this tweet seriously? Guy has no followers or real inside information.

According to his X tagline....

Purveyor of inside scoops and mustache rides.

Nothing screams instant credibility quite like that can.

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

It’s not 100% on Dorsey. This is a tired and lazy take. Execution is terrible all over the place. Oline. Dline. QB. Wrs. Lots of blame it’s not one persons fault here. 

That’s fair. But at the same time, whose responsibility is it to have the offense prepared? Dorsey. 

I don’t know if it’s Ken being too chill with the players and not demanding accountability or what. But this offense shouldn’t be performing like this and ultimately it comes down to

Ken and McD. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I'd go 50/50 right now. Doresy needs to be better. Execution must get better! The biggest problem on the O is between Allen's ears. But that is the coach's fault for trying to force him to be a strictly pocket passer!

I need to win the lottery this week

The Bills absolutely needed to win the last 3 games, full stop.  Losing 2 of them puts them in a position unlikely to recover given the schedule, also given the soft nature of the guys still standing.  If they lose to Tampa Thursday, especially if they turn in another half-hearted effort, we're going to see a whole lotta running for the bus the rest of the year

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Very refreshing and surprising.

1. It dispels the old cliched response that players are only focused on one game at a time and don't look ahead on the schedule.
  2. It also sets up some very high expectations that, if they are not met, will result in tough questions and answers
  3. It dispels the meaningless myth that they need to win every game. That is so abstract that it actually means nothing. There is room for error, and Von acknowledges that, but he's also acknowledging that the margin for error is almost razor thin.

Very good to hear. This should be entertaining, at the very least, no matter which way it plays out.

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

I'd go 50/50 right now. Doresy needs to be better. Execution must get better! The biggest problem on the O is between Allen's ears. But that is the coach's fault for trying to force him to be a strictly pocket passer!

I think Bean and McD are so worried about Josh getting hurt that they’ve completely neutered what makes Josh Josh. It’s growing pains for sure. Just hoping they can tweak this team in the next season or two to make a real run. It won’t be this year. This years team is done.

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

https://x.com/_jacosta/status/1716897405269143835?s=20

So much better than "I don't have the answers".  They may not succeed, but at least someone is throwing down the gauntlet. 

If they win 6 of the next 7 they belong in the playoffs so it will all work out like it’s supposed to.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Chaos said:

https://x.com/_jacosta/status/1716897405269143835?s=20

So much better than "I don't have the answers".  They may not succeed, but at least someone is throwing down the gauntlet. 

Just so people know, this had nothing to do with an alleged player meeting.  Something he said to WGRZ. Not sure why this completely different topic was merged into a speculation thead.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

So he finally found out what their record is. 

Also. The team that owes to Zach Wilson and Mac jones is going to beat Joe burrow and Patrick Mahomes led teams? Ok Go Bills!

I mean last year they lost to Zach Wilson and beat Patrick Mahomes, the year before that they lost to Mac Jones but beat Patrick Mahomes. Division games have an element of wtf to them some years, see the Dolphins & Jets last year.

We'll see what happens, they're not dead yet but man the last couple of games have looked like a struggle.

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

If the whole offense can’t execute, that’s on the guy who’s in charge of coordinating the offense. Mental mistakes and poor execution is a tell tale sign of a poor coach. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

He’s coming off a major injury. Geeze dude

Von has two SB rings including a SB MVP, he also was a key contributor to the 2021 SB title most recently. That type of resume commands respect, and yeah the guy is coming off a major injury playing limited snaps give him some time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uninja said:

I mean last year they lost to Zach Wilson and beat Patrick Mahomes, the year before that they lost to Mac Jones but beat Patrick Mahomes. Division games have an element of wtf to them some years, see the Dolphins & Jets last year.

We'll see what happens, they're not dead yet but man the last couple of games have looked like a struggle.

The "wtf element" is strong with this team. I know it's kind of simple to say, but I think this team plays down to their competition at times. Injuries aside. 

57 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

whatever.   go get a W on Thursday.  

It's going to be a very interesting game.  

For some idiotic reason, part of me is still expecting the same decisive win that I figured was coming over the past two weeks.  

I'm so conflicted.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/23/2023 at 2:19 PM, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

It says Josh and Von called the players meeting, how do know it wasn’t Josh who prompted Von to get the defensive players while Josh got the offensive player to get this meet started .

Just now, Little Dog said:

It says Josh and Von called the players meeting, how do know it wasn’t Josh who prompted Von to get the defensive players while Josh got the offensive player to get this meet started .

Honestly, I don't care. People are going to dislike what I said, that's fine.  The next time you get called out at the office by someone who is a non-contributor let me know how motivating you find that.

Besides, if they needed a meeting to get themselves together at this point there are much bigger problems.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Honestly, I don't care. People are going to dislike what I said, that's fine.  The next time you get called out at the office by someone who is a non-contributor let me know how motivating you find that.

Besides, if they needed a meeting to get themselves together at this point there are much bigger problems.

Like you know what it’s like in a locker room and what the players are talking about 

1 minute ago, Little Dog said:

Like you know what it’s like in a locker room and what the players are talking about 

And how do you know if anyone is getting called out

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.