Chandler Jones? Kick the tires at the trade deadline?

TampaBillsJunkie

There's an interesting article on Chandler Jones. Seems he is having some mental issues and Las Vegas just isn't a good place for him.  As a nearby hometown boy from Syracuse, Buffalo might jut be a healthy place to stay out of trouble and get himself back together.  Maybe for the playoff run or for next year. Having another terror who can get to the QB quickly is never a bad thing. 

What do you say? Is he worth the trouble if we can bring him in on a team friendly contract? Who do we dump? Shaq? That would be my pick. Personally, I'd like to see a reclamation project and get the most out of Jones for the rest of his career.... Jones, Floyd, G-Root and Von would be a terror. And we'd have fresh legs to get to Tua, Mahomes and Burrow come playoff time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-chandler-jones-arrested-one-day-after-troubling-social-media-posts/

• Vomit 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Dislike 8

No. No not at all.

Hopefully his path for the foreseeable future is improving his mental health and getting the help he may need. 

People really need to learn that these monsters of the gridiron are real human beings. He's someone's son. He's someone's brother, friend. And he's obviously been going through some real issues. Stop seeing these players as video game pieces. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

There's an interesting article on Chandler Jones. Seems he is having some mental issues and Las Vegas just isn't a good place for him.  As a nearby hometown boy from Syracuse, Buffalo might jut be a healthy place to stay out of trouble and get himself back together.  Maybe for the playoff run or for next year. Having another terror who can get to the QB quickly is never a bad thing. 

What do you say? Is he worth the trouble if we can bring him in on a team friendly contract? Who do we dump? Shaq? That would be my pick. Personally, I'd like to see a reclamation project and get the most out of Jones for the rest of his career.... Jones, Floyd, G-Root and Von would be a terror. And we'd have fresh legs to get to Tua, Mahomes and Burrow come playoff time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-chandler-jones-arrested-one-day-after-troubling-social-media-posts/

His dilemma sounds more like an ongoing psychotic episode, which has really been transpiring for weeks. He needs help.

at best, this thread is in poor taste and at worst, you’re an *** for even posting it.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I don't. Vegas is a bad place sometimes. A change of scenery, some counseling and some fresh air can do a person good.  He may not be finished and it won't cost anything or much to find out.

This guy's issues go way beyond football. The last thing he should be thinking about right now is playing football. He appears on the brink of a full mental breakdown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why???  Wayyyy too much risk, liability and negative outcomes.

I'm all for adding as much pass rush as we can.

I love what Floyd has done so far this year. Once Von is back in a few weeks, our top 3 Edge guys are a strong group

If there's another DE/OLB out there on a bad team that want's to be traded to a contender, I'm interested 

Jerry Hughes as our 4th guy in rotation could be fun 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

20 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I don't. Vegas is a bad place sometimes. A change of scenery, some counseling and some fresh air can do a person good.  He may not be finished and it won't cost anything or much to find out.

Lol. It seems a little more serious than that. I don’t think a plane ticket out of Vegas is going to cure all that’s ailing him. 

If Beane is going to go out and bring in a big free agent signing at the trade deadline and restructure a bunch of contracts to do it I would rather he add tot he offensive side of the ball.  Our defense now is stellar and going to get better with Von back in two weeks. 

Another weapon to help Josh keep up with the Phins is where resources should be spent.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s interesting that the OP mentions Las Vegas. I’ve often wondered about that with many of these young players. I don’t think Vegas is a very good place for ANY impressionable young man with a pocket full of cash to spend. 

It does give them ability to get services illegal in other states and they have money to afford it every off day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.