Fish v. Pats

Bills fan since 87

I'll enjoy football the rest of the day after a Bills win like that.  Relieving.

Fish/Pats intrigues me. Offense against defense.  In New England where they were tough last week.

It feels to dirty to say I'd like either team to win.  But I suspect as the game plays out I'll lean one way or another.  

Who you got?  I say Fish 27 Pats 20

• Like (+1) 1

Miami is the bigger threat, so I'm hoping they lose. I'm watching the Cowboys/Jets game because I can't stomach rooting for the Pats*. And it ain't easy rooting the the 'Boys either, but my disdain for NE has surpassed my Dallas hatred.

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Miami is the bigger threat, so I'm hoping they lose. I'm watching the Cowboys/Jets game because I can't stomach rooting for the Pats*. And it ain't easy rooting the the 'Boys either, but my disdain for NE has surpassed my Dallas hatred.

You can watch both.  Miami/Pats is the night game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I'll enjoy football the rest of the day after a Bills win like that.  Relieving.

Fish/Pats intrigues me. Offense against defense.  In New England where they were tough last week.

It feels to dirty to say I'd like either team to win.  But I suspect as the game plays out I'll lean one way or another.  

Who you got?  I say Fish 27 Pats 20

And on the opposite side of the spectrum, related to the jets/cowboys game, it feels good to say I'd like either team to lose.

I hate NE and their bandwagon fans (I’m in RI, there’s been near ZERO Pats* talk the last 3 years) with the heat of a thousand suns, but it’s better for us if Miami loses. So, I will hold my nose and hope the Hoodie dials up something where they sack Tua in the closing minutes and seal a 6-3 victory

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I don't really see a path to the Pats* winning.  Obviously, it feels crappy to have to root for them, but hey.....whatever's best for us, right?  Maybe they keep it close?  Don't think they can score enough to win, though.

any 60 mph winds in the forecast tonight for Foxboro?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The Dolphins are more obnoxious right now plus It'd be nice for Belichick to reinforce to the rest of the league the game plan against that offense.

This.  Maybe Bill can start the blueprint to stopping the Miami offense?  

This will be an interesting match up.  

• Agree 1

Patriots drafted Christian Gonzales for this this matchup.  Unfortunately for NE, Jonathan Jones is not playing on the other side.

Belichick has a long reputation of “taking away the offense’s best weapon.”  But I feel those days are gone.  I think it’s possible he can slow down Miami’s offense but I think this is the game where Miami’s defense steps up 

16 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Patriots drafted Christian Gonzales for this this matchup.  Unfortunately for NE, Jonathan Jones is not playing on the other side.

Belichick has a long reputation of “taking away the offense’s best weapon.”  But I feel those days are gone.  I think it’s possible he can slow down Miami’s offense but I think this is the game where Miami’s defense steps up 

It should help that the Patriots don't bring an offense.

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not with an offense that stagnant, even good defenses tire out

Offense wasn’t stagnant last week it moved the ball well. A few drops and a couple of badly timed 1 foot in one foot out from a rookie killed them. They easily could have put up 30 on the eagles.. and that’s with half the O line out that game. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.