Raiders @ Bills - Postgame Thread

HappyDays

38 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

First impression is this...

Something like 3 out of 4 play calls last week were pass plays - despite the fact we couldn't protect Josh.

Today was nearly 50-50.  

This week's balance made us more unpredictable and harder to defend.

You’d have to do analysis on when those runs came and how successful they were. 

It’s hard to keep calling runs when they don’t work. It’s easy to call them when you have a gigantic lead and you’re getting 5 YPC

Todays game shows they can execute.  Allen was patient and he took what they gave, and he still threw some special darts for TDs.  He just has to remember not to revert to impatience.  All phases were good and there were many contributors.  

I think and hope that last week was just a combination of playing a  good defense and some preseason rust that was not knocked off yet.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

43 minutes ago, Airseven said:

How? Commanders are one of the worst teams in the league. Dolphins will be a fair barometer to see just how far the Bills have fallen behind them. 

Speaking of which, your team is on in 50 minutes. Shouldn’t you be pre gaming with the other Fins fans?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I like the enthusiasm.

I bet Josh shows her the town tonight - Niagara Falls then Anchor Bar then maybe Dave and Busters 

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Dorsey did nothing different last week than he did this week.  Last week Allen lost that game not Dorsey. 

I disagree.

Majority was on Josh for sure.

But… minimal play action. Went away from the run game. Shot gun essentially all game long.

Sure he had check downs and underneath stuff that Josh didn’t take, but that’s just one part of a game plan/play calling.

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

First possession by LV and I thought we were in for a long season.  Let them score so quickly on long plays.

Buckled down, Josh had a hell of a game and Cook played very well.  What a great win!!

The scripted drive by LV was perfect, we go 3 and out, it was building against us. The pressure by Jones, tip by Rousseau and Bernard’s pick flipped the script and woke everyone up. After that they were in solid control.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

IF Josh can play with that mentality, and patience from now on... damn.  

i think its so frustrating, because its even the easier/simpler thing to do, with more reliable results.

kinda like studying an hour/day for 5 days, versus a 5hr cram session. its going to turn out better, give more consistent predictable results, and AT THE END OF THE DAY, IS THE SIMPLER TASK.

that aid i am not doing laundry nor dishes tonight lol power clean later this week

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Jacobs is the real deal too. Really an amazing bounce back performance by our D. 

Except for that blown alignment that sprung Hall for that long gainer the run defense vs the Jets was not shabby.

If you take that 80+ yard outlier out if the equation we were keeping them to around 3 yards a carry.

Still good that they took those mistakes to heart and had a shutdown performance.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’d have to do analysis on when those runs came and how successful they were. 

It’s hard to keep calling runs when they don’t work. It’s easy to call them when you have a gigantic lead and you’re getting 5 YPC

Even in this game a lot of runs were getting 2 yards, especially on early downs it felt like. They stuck with it, which is smart IMO.

It does a few things even if it isn’t productive:

- Defensive line can’t just pin back their ears and rush Allen, they have to respect the run. We ran at Crosby.

- Play action even more effective

- Time of possession battle. Maybe less important against Jimmy G, but against great offenses we may want to shorten the game and give them less possessions.

- Wear down the defense late in the game. No way the Raiders weren’t sucking air at the end there.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

no wonder Josh doesn't watch film 😁

because hes following her around hoping she'll eat something before she dies? lol

i love josh, hes a golden retriever that plays like nobody ive ever seen.

theres not a gas station in buffalo that doesnt have 2 chicks equally cute as her.

he should get a thiccy, poyer's sis in law is thicca then a bowl of oatmeal

if i were slanging josh swag, id go south american or asian islands lol might need a super bowl ring to pull it off though

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

just saw on the CBS ticker that Jacobs had 9 rushes for…….. -2 yards?!?!?

nows the time to hit them up.

'hey before that plane takes off.... how about a 5th and well take that runningback that was emasculated today off your roster"

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Even in this game a lot of runs were getting 2 yards, especially on early downs it felt like. They stuck with it, which is smart IMO.

It does a few things even if it isn’t productive:

- Defensive line can’t just pin back their ears and rush Allen, they have to respect the run. We ran at Crosby.

- Play action even more effective

- Time of possession battle. Maybe less important against Jimmy G, but against great offenses we may want to shorten the game and give them less possessions.

- Wear down the defense late in the game. No way the Raiders weren’t sucking air at the end there.

I agree ostensibly, but they were much better rushing this week than last week, which makes it way easier to stick with it. 

2nd and 7 or 2nd and 4 is a lot easier to rush on than 2nd and 12. 

59 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

They may be undefeated when the Bills play the.  

Okay. But I don’t agree with you that the Bills are average just because they’re 1-1. I still think they’re well above average and interested to see how they contend with Miami’s O.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsFooteball said:

Very true! Can’t possibly imagine what people could complain about after this week. 

The play called by Dorsey on the 4th down near the goal line, that failed, was abhorrent. 😂 How about a QB sneak, or a fake QB sneak and a bootleg to the outside by JA17? Could have even had JA under center with one RB in the backfield, fake the handoff to said RB, then have JA rollout for an easy walk in TD. You know the Raiders were going to stuff the box there. C'mon man! LOL

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

The play called by Dorsey on the 4th down near the goal line, that failed, was abhorrent. 😂 How about a QB sneak, or a fake QB sneak and a bootleg to the outside by JA17? Could have even had JA under center with one RB in the backfield, fake the handoff to said RB, then have JA rollout for an easy walk in TD. You know the Raiders were going to stuff the box there. C'mon man! LOL

Josh was throwing to Diggs in the back of the end zone but Knox did not know that and tried to grab it. Design worked except for the Knox part. I would not have called it because it took so long to develop but the design was actually solid.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Orlando Tim said:

Josh was throwing to Diggs in the back of the end zone but Knox did not know that and tried to grab it. Design worked except for the Knox part. I would not have called it because it took so long to develop but the design was actually solid.

and ironically if he'd thrown it a little lower Knox probably would have caught it and scored himself.

51 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I disagree.

Majority was on Josh for sure.

But… minimal play action. Went away from the run game. Shot gun essentially all game long.

Sure he had check downs and underneath stuff that Josh didn’t take, but that’s just one part of a game plan/play calling.

And I would disagree.  It is looking like the short underneath passes are a major part of this offense.  They were there all night long for Josh.  If he had stayed on script like he did today then the bills would be 2-0.  Dorsey deserves zero blame.  He had a game winning plan.  Josh decided his way was better. 

Edited by Mark92
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I like the enthusiasm.

I dig that she isn’t all done up. But can we maybe find an in between from custom bedazzled skin tight to whatever generic sweats Josh has laying around. Maybe a Bills sweatshirt. 

But don’t change it up until a loss Hailee. Things are lucky, so fall in line. 

• Haha (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

I dig that she isn’t all done up. But can we maybe find an in between from custom bedazzled skin tight to whatever generic sweats Josh has laying around. Maybe a Bills sweatshirt. 

I hate to say it but despite being an A list actress she seems far less maintenance than Brittany. 

• Agree 1

Local media doing their victory lap by continuing to ask Josh about the Jets, Mookie Hawkins and his obligatory running game question. 

So Josh taking those check-downs like we said really works RIGHT? 

It helps when on this opponent you can run the ball effectively with all three backs. 

Allen’s escapability and coordination as a runner, always keeping eyes downfield was really impressive today.

Good job by McDermott for keeping the foot on the gas.

24 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

And I would disagree.  It is looking like the short underneath passes are a major part of this offense.  They were there all night long for Josh.  If he had stayed on script like he did today then the bills would be 2-0.  Dorsey deserves zero blame.  He had a game winning plan.  Josh decided his way was better. 

0 blame?

Only 14 percent play action that game when Josh is an elite play action QB?

Barely anything under centre.

Not enough runs.

I don’t know how you can say he has zero blame as those things I listed are pretty objective

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Okay. But I don’t agree with you that the Bills are average just because they’re 1-1. I still think they’re well above average and interested to see how they contend with Miami’s O.

I never said the Bills are anything. Im just saying they are undefeated. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Actually I think the play was designed to go to Harty to the right, and he would have had a walk-in TD. However, he slipped and fell so Josh had to improvise. Not impressed at all with him through the first 2 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I could stand Hailee Steinfeld showing up to Bills games in bespoke skintight outfits 

6 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Actually I think the play was designed to go to Harty to the right, and he would have had a walk-in TD. However, he slipped and fell so Josh had to improvise. Not impressed at all with him through the first 2 weeks.

I thought the same. It felt like Josh saw him slip and didn’t even look at Harty, though he was still wide open for a walk-in.

5 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Yeah, in real time I thought the design was to get it to Harty out on the swing but when he fell down it became a broken play and forced Allen into his only bad decision on the day. He wouldn't have walked in as he still had a man to beat, but it would likely have been 6.

A little frustrating that it's not the first time that he's looked like McKenzie...

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.