Raiders @ Bills - Postgame Thread

HappyDays

24 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

1st half thread and after the first Raiders td drive this was that thread in the very first two pages: 

Going to be a long day 

Bad start

This is gonna get ugly

Beginning of the end 

🤢🤮

This team ***** sucks

So that’s what having a real OC can do…huh

Great D. 

Nice defense McD

Can they get Leslie Frazier back?

Probably more like the end of the beginning. 

Pathetic start. 

Hahahahhahahahha McDs D! they are so old and slow 

Spectacular McD defense 🤮

We suck

Our safeties are really starting to show their age. 

We have a bunch of washed up old men playing a cb role and both safeties 

And again and again… 

Well… maybe pathetic is not the team, maybe some “fan” is…  ready from the start to throw up on the players and the coach. 

38-10: probably the same “fans” are now posting great words on the player and the coach… ahaha, laughable! 😂😂😂

I’m the one who said “Bad start” after LV marched down for their first TD. Sorry I hurt your feelings with a real-time opinion. It wasn’t a sky is falling post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The touchdown still came a play where we were not lined up. But post snap Bernard has been decent enough through two games. And that is all we needed. 

Hoping the alignment issues are just lack of time on task from the time he missed in pre-season.

Agree on Bernard. He has held his own and really isn't a liability like I thought. He's not great but I'm pleasantly surprised he's holding his own. 

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It turns out that Damien Harris is excellent at running the ball. We should try that more 

I like how all three RBs got involved in the offense today. 

8 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Home win vs. Raiders is insignificant but necessary. Run D was the most encouraging takeaway.

No win is insignificant. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Home win vs. Raiders is insignificant but necessary. Run D was the most encouraging takeaway.

No win is insignificant in the regular season, if you think that then that's just plain dumb. Let's be honest here, if we would of lost you would be saying how significant that loss was. You're trolling is getting lazier and lazier lil guy, I think maybe take a break and come back with more creativity. The worst thing on message boards to me is lazy trolling.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

That was an educational game for Allen. Showed him how good he and the offense can be when he doesn't force it. Hope it stays with him now

Don't count on it. Josh Allen is never going to change. You will have 3 or 4 more games where he is gong to ***** the bed. But most times he will be spectacular. Enjoy the ride!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm surprised that so many fans that started threads last Monday night are MIA's right now.

What's up with that?

The fans remaining on the board are like the Maytag repair man.

It's OK to be a Buffalo Bills fan and be happy.  You guys can still post.

they are over in the “Elam is a healthy scratch” thread, wallowing in misery. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Don't count on it. Josh Allen is never going to change. You will have 3 or 4 more games where he is gong to ***** the bed. But most times he will be spectacular. Enjoy the ride!

Not necessarily. He's never had a running game behind him and never had a play caller calling a lot of 12 personnel. He's basically had to do everything himself since he came into the league and has treated that as the norm. A few more games like this and there's every chance he stays within the script.

He might deviate from it if the team is behind by a large margin, but there's obviously no choice in that situation

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

No win is insignificant in the regular season, if you think that then that's just plain dumb. Let's be honest here, if we would of lost you would be saying how significant that loss was. You're trolling is getting lazier and lazier lil guy, I think maybe take a break and come back with more creativity. The worst thing on message boards to me is lazy trolling.

He's a dolphins fan.

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm surprised that so many fans that started threads last Monday night are MIA's right now.

What's up with that?

The truth is they aren't happy.  They were probably thrilled after the Raiders went up 7 - 0 and the Bills went three and out and then roof fell in.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A few thoughts about the game.

First off, a solid win by a Bills team that was clearly better than the Raiders. However, you still have to give the Bills players and coaches lots of credit. No win is a lock.

Players and things that caught this fan's eye. 

Crosby was a non factor in the game. Brown looked to hold up well. The tight end blocking help was effective. Great game plan and execution by players and coaches to take out or limit their only game changer on defense. 

Dorsey did his homework. He mixed in a solid running game with nice quick passes. Kept the Raiders defense off balance. 

McD's defense with the exception of the first drive was impressive. He shut down a dangerous Jacobs. Adams is going to usually get his. He's just that good. I can't really fault McD or the D there. 

Milano just seems to make a big plays every game. 

Pass rush was effective today. Flashes from various guys today. Oliver looked good. 

Allen was excellent. He was poised, accurate, patient, made nice reads, took the short passes, and looked in control especially on big 3rd and 4th down plays. 

Liked how all 3 RBs were involved in the offense. Great change of pace and effective use of all three RBs strengths. 

Two tight end sets. Both Knox and Kincaid made positive impacts on the offense. I think this is a work in progress and look for this set to become more explosive and dangerous. I would like to see Kincaid and Knox stretch the D with some longer seem routes or longer passes in general. 

Sherwood and Harty don't really look to have much of a role in the offense. 

The Bills new look offense feels a little strange to me. The past several years my eyes are used to big pass plays and quicker scores. Today the offense was effective and very good but in a different way. Just not used to the constant short passes. Not a bad thing just feels a bit odd. 

In concluding, a good win that shouldn't be overlooked or minimized. It was a team win from top to bottom. Not a lot of negatives to talk about. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I still have no idea who she is other than being Josh’s gf

She is a comedian that used to be the lead actor of a popular 90’s sitcom.  Her name in the sitcom was Jerry and her best friends were Kramer and George.  She used to have brown curly hair and looked very masculine…I guess plastic surgery can do wonders.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Looks plastic 

yeah, too much glam for me and way out of my price range, why she's after the NFL QB but take the make up off she wouldn't have the plastic look. she is cute. I really didn't get anything more from the tweeter than a glam model that digs the girls too! 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

petty 💩

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

What's up with that?

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, OK?  A lot of folks stay away from the Gameday Threads at all costs

Also not to turn your stomach or provide TMI, but I spent about an hour soaking an improperly applied bandage and picking gauze out of *****, infected head wounds on my 91 year old mom’s head this afternoon, documenting with photos, then cleaning them with wound cleaner while she winced and cried and dressing them per plastic surgeon orders.  

Excuse me for not living up to your InstaPost expectations.

LOL naughtier word filter took out pus s y as in filled with pus

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you can get an idea from her twitter account.

@haileethegoat

Um, you do know that’s actually NOT Hailee Steinfeld’s twitter account

It’s a fan account

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, OK?  A lot of folks stay away from the Gameday Threads at all costs

Also not to turn your stomach or provide TMI, but I spent about an hour soaking an improperly applied bandage and picking gauze out of *****, infected head wounds on my 91 year old mom’s head this afternoon, documenting with photos, then cleaning them with wound cleaner while she winced and cried and dressing them per plastic surgeon orders.  

Excuse me for not living up to your InstaPost expectations.

Dude,  first off, why are you thinking I'm singling you out?

Second, I have a 90 year old mother who just was in the ER for the exact same thing.

It's a hard thing to deal with.

Third, if you want me to feel bad about the Bills winning and want to caution my enthusiasm,

it's not going to work.

I will not apologize for being a fan of this team, happy they won and not having to read dozens of

doomsday threads.  

I hope you mom recovers well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

You can tell it is not in his nature, but those critical moments where a defender was coming free, instead of forcing it downfield or doing something crazy Josh found his outlet options to keep drives alive.

And Lordy, welcome back RAC.

We do have dynamic players that can take a short dump pass and turn it into a longer gain or get to the sticks and convert.

It is not rocket science, it is a league-wide trend of defenses playing 2-high safety shells.

So QBs and offenses that are fully capable of pushing the ball downfield against single coverage are all doing more patient running and more West Coast timing and underneath concepts against that look.

You can tell it is not in his nature, but those critical moments where a defender was coming free, instead of forcing it downfield or doing something crazy Josh found his outlet options to keep drives alive.

We do have dynamic players that can take a short dump pass and turn it into a longer gain or get to the sticks and convert.

It is not rocket science, it is a league-wide trend of defenses playing 2-high safety shells.

So QBs and offenses that are fully capable of pushing the ball downfield against single coverage are all doing more patient running and more West Coast timing and underneath concepts against that look.

When you click submit and it doesn't seem to work you should stop and check because it usually did and if you keep clicking you'll just repeat your post.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

That was an educational game for Allen. Showed him how good he and the offense can be when he doesn't force it. Hope it stays with him now

I believe this is true.

But I also believe Dorsey called a better, more balanced game.

And the OL played better than they did against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.