Chargers blew it

Xwnyer

Cb ints in end zone tries to run it out versus taking touch back. Ends up tackled at 3 chargers go 3 n out and out from own end zone. Next play Hill beats cb for a TD.  Later on in game chargers lead have fins rattled 3 rd and long and agai hill beats them deep.  Later in series again hill beats them for a TD.  the chargers defense let Tua have ample time and left receivers free was Leslie Frazer consulting their D

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Didn’t watch the game but from what a friend told me Tua could’ve easily had at least 5 turnovers between fumbles and dropped picks. So the crappy part is all anyone will say all week is how amazing Tua played. Seems as though this was a game where the stats don’t tell the whole story

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Cb ints in end zone tries to run it out versus taking touch back. Ends up tackled at 3 chargers go 3 n out and out from own end zone. Next play Hill beats cb for a TD.  Later on in game chargers lead have fins rattled 3 rd and long and agai hill beats them deep.  Later in series again hill beats them for a TD.  the chargers defense let Tua have ample time and left receivers free was Leslie Frazer consulting their D

Honestly I'm going to give the Dolphins credit on this one, there offense is legit. Both teams defenses stunk today. It was a shoot out and the Dolphins made more plays. Pretty plain and simple in my book.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Justin Herbert gets paid top 3 QB money for what I have no idea. 

Their best player is Austin Ekeler who didn’t play the last series for some reason.  

He clearly was best player but chargers D blew it.  On last Miami series chargers number 8 goes for big hit could have had pick 6 easily.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both defenses looked bad. Chargers made many stupid mistakes and Staley is a mess.  Bosa was worthless and invisible.  You gotta rush Tua and bracket Hill.

The thing is, last year the Chargers really looked like they’d “solved” Miami.  I guess they assumed Miami would stay “solved”

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I really dislike the Dolphins. I mean, like really really really. That is all. 

I do too because I lived through the winless 70s.  However I do like Tua, can't blame him if he gets a bit jittery with his ol and his concussion history.  But he didn't quit so I give him props and I think our defense will shut him down in the shootouts  Allen vs Tua. So let Tua have some success as I don't consider Miami a real threat to Bills.

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

Jackson, the guy with the INT in the endzone that brought it out as well as getting called for the interference at the end of the first half, is a flat out dunce of a football player.

This doesn't bode well for the value of Diggs property on his island.

Edited by Warcodered

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Justin Herbert gets paid top 3 QB money for what I have no idea. 

Their best player is Austin Ekeler who didn’t play the last series for some reason.  

Herbert is the most overrated QB in the league and I’ve been saying this since early last season. Guy has every advantage u can ask for. 2 all pro WRs, top 3 RB, a very good defense spearheaded by Khalil Mack & Joey Bosa, and he still can’t get it done. Rivers was twice the QB Herbert will ever be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Herbert is the most overrated QB in the league and I’ve been saying this since early last season. Guy has every advantage u can ask for. 2 all pro WRs, top 3 RB, a very good defense spearheaded by Khalil Mack & Joey Bosa, and he still can’t get it done. Rivers was twice the QB Herbert will ever be. 

I feel like they’re exactly the same qb

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both defenses looked bad. Chargers made many stupid mistakes and Staley is a mess.  Bosa was worthless and invisible.  You gotta rush Tua and bracket Hill.

They had a great game plan last year when they beat them.  They let Miami receivers run untouched, especially on crossing patterns that will destroy you with yac

20 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Didn’t watch the game but from what a friend told me Tua could’ve easily had at least 5 turnovers between fumbles and dropped picks. So the crappy part is all anyone will say all week is how amazing Tua played. Seems as though this was a game where the stats don’t tell the whole story

Bills fans will definitely look for reasons to criticize Tua, he played very well, especially in the clutch moments.  No stats don't tell the whole story, winning on the final drive does though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, CNYfan said:

I really don't want to there, but...Tua was really, really good.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Breaking news.  

Herbert is a bum

Both are true.

Here's my thing with both of them. Herbert has all the tools. Has the arm. Can make any throw. Tua has none of that. But what Tua has is good football IQ, better coaching and a fire inside to win and get better. I question if Herbert has that. 

Herbert shows time and again his pocket awareness is not great. He freezes under pressure. And in my opinion, jes regressed since draft day. Tua has his limitations. He's definitely a product of the system. But while he's in the system his short to intermediate accuracy is deadly and he knows how to win.

Combine Tua's game IQ, desire to win and get better, accurate and poised play with Herbert's physical tools and you get a Mahomes or Allen level talent. 

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

Jackson, the guy with the INT in the endzone that brought it out as well as getting called for the interference at the end of the first half, is a flat out dunce of a football player.

True but Staley the head coach is a bigger dunce.  Right before the interference call, Herbert slid in bounds on 3rd down with a moving game clock with 14 seconds.  Instead of letting the game clock running down to 5 seconds before calling timeout, he called a TO with 14 seconds.  Chargers kicked a FG and left time for Miami to score before half thanks to Jackson the other dunce.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, juno999 said:

True but Staley the head coach is a bigger dunce.  Right before the interference call, Herbert slid in bounds on 3rd down with a moving game clock with 14 seconds.  Instead of letting the game clock running down to 5 seconds before calling timeout, he called a TO with 14 seconds.  Chargers kicked a FG and left time for Miami to score before half thanks to Jackson the other dunce.

Dolphins called timeout.  

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Did you watch the game? 

Herbert was great. The Chargers D lost it. 

2 minutes ago, juno999 said:

Get your facts straight. Miami called the TO. 

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, he did a great job of hitting his wide open, untouched receivers and taking advantage of that stellar play the Chargers defense and coaching put out there.

Obviously you didn't watch the game

The game winning TD throw was a perfect over the defender throw. And before that he hit Hill with a great throw after having to scramble up in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.