Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

44 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Agree. I'd love to have him out there against the Jets on MNF but not on that field. I have to hope we don't need him against the Raiders or Commanders. And you should beat the Dolphins at home with or without him. So let him get fully healthy and I don't even have a problem with him not playing in London. 

Didn't even consider this. That field is statistically an ACL slaughterhouse.

I forget the specifics but there was an article from The Athletic last year showing that field and Detroits had like 4x the ACL injuries as the average field. 

Just a baffling decision by teams owners. Like running vegetable oil in your car instead of motor oil to pinch pennies 

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

I was hoping Shorter would end up with the hangnail type injury that sends him to IR as a rookie. Keep Isabella on the 53 white Shorter sits a year and learns. I think they did that with Hodgins his rookie year and maybe even the next year if I'm remembering correctly. 

Hodgins just couldn't stay healthy.

The annual "talk about the cuts" thread is second only to the annual "comment on the draft picks" thread for wild, ridiculous takes on the board.

It's amazing how many hidden GMs we have around here.

I mean, has there actually been a surprise cut yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, eball said:

The annual "talk about the cuts" thread is second only to the annual "comment on the draft picks" thread for wild, ridiculous takes on the board.

Well said.  And no, there has not been a single surprise to me, including dumping Basham for a bag of footballs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Every time someone in the GDT would point out the great plays Boogie made in preseason, I would just shake my head.  Dude could ball against 2nd and 3rd string, but against true 1st string players?  He was wildly ineffective.  A huge miss by McBeane.  We couldn't even get a straight up draft pick for him, we had to swap picks with New Jersey.  Bag o' footballs indeed.  

14 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Well said.  And no, there has not been a single surprise to me, including dumping Basham for a bag of footballs. 

Well, that one is a surprise to the “Beane always holds onto his draft picks too long” contingent…even though he has absolutely not hung on to draft picks too long.

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of discussion about Quessenberry in the "non-discussion" cuts thread...and thought I would reply here.  There seems to be a lot of concern about the lack of backup Tackles.  It could be that there is someone else out there that they are hoping to pick up after cuts, but I also think Quess is a likely candidate to be re-signed once we slide someone like Shakir to IR.

3 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Lots of discussion about Quessenberry in the "non-discussion" cuts thread...and thought I would reply here.  There seems to be a lot of concern about the lack of backup Tackles.  It could be that there is someone else out there that they are hoping to pick up after cuts, but I also think Quess is a likely candidate to be re-signed once we slide someone like Shakir to IR.

Not gonna happen. Cutting him left us with §1M dead cap. If they wanted to cut and sign somebody, it would be someone else. He might end up on PS, but not with intention to bring him back immediately.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, eball said:

If this place was filled with like-minded people all commenting “good, anticipated move” and “I agree with the other 20 commenters about the trade” you wouldn’t visit this site. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Hoping we are picking up a few guys once the cuts roll through. So far its no Von for likely half the season, Boogie is gone, and we swapped out some depth OL for younger depth OL. 

WR, OL, LB and pass rush going to be spots to watch. Not even worrying about backup QB because if that happens we are screwed. 

• Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes.. really hope AJE can pick up the slack with Von gone… otherwise looks like a pretty lackluster room unless Roussea really turns it on. 

Leonard Floyd had 9 sacks last year and Groot had 8 sacks despite missing four games. 

Not exactly the Purple People Eaters, but I don't know that I'd call it "lackluster".

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Leonard Floyd had 9 sacks last year and Groot had 8 sacks despite missing four games. 

Not exactly the Purple People Eaters, but I don't know that I'd call it "lackluster".

It's not amazing it's not lackluster it's middle tier. With a healthy Von it goes up imo. But the complaint crew is going to complain no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I truly believe Beane is not done talking to GMs.  Wait to see if something comes up in a trade before you etch things in stone.

QB's, LB, and OT have to all be on deck and talked to. I like RVD at LT but RT he needs work and no way Anderson is going to be our primary backup RT. My guess is either Bates is going to become all utilty for 4 out of the 5 positions or they are in the market for another Tackle. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Who the heck is Kendall Vickers and why is he on the 53 man roster?

No.

37 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

They haven't touched the LB Room yet

It better be because they want to sign Kirksey or acquire a veteran via trade  and want that "agreed upon" before other moves in the LB room 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

QB's, LB, and OT have to all be on deck and talked to. I like RVD at LT but RT he needs work and no way Anderson is going to be our primary backup RT. My guess is either Bates is going to become all utilty for 4 out of the 5 positions or they are in the market for another Tackle. 

I concur with the OT situation.  I try to guess what they are thinking other than trying to be an armchair GM, so I have to ask if there is room

to start the year with 10 OL?  The extra guy would probably have come from the LBs or DL.

I'm also wondering if someone else ends up on IR.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I had to look this one up. It's an old boxing term for a guy who is going through the motions to collect a paycheck. I think it's an old-guy version of JAG. And I think he means Isabella, but I'm not sure.

In other words, you had too look it up and still are uncertain who he/she is referring to.  Unfortunate people can't do simple things like naming who they are referring to without their own cutsey names or absurd clues.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

…and the “head in the sand crew” never see anything wrong with the players, coaches, front office staff or owners. 

😂

Ofc there are issues, every team in the NFL has them, not one team is flawless. But the amount of femal dogging on this board lately is ridiculous. For a 13 win team we sure do suck is what the narrative of the complaint crew around here is. Discourse is good, but the same tired complaining and negativity about EVERYTHING that has to do with this team is not being a "real fan" it's being an adult acting like a child imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I’m sure Beane will be adding to the depth on the O-line because they discarded every tackle other than a swing tackle/guard in Andersen and VanDemark who was just brought in. Every O-line depth player from last season is gone. If we can’t add on, Beane should be skewered because Brown has chronic back issues and Dawkins should be shuttled in and out, because his conditioning and performance is troubling. Also, the MLB position is the weakness on this roster. How about bringing in a highly regarded cut down casualty like the guy from Houston?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.