Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

Some speculating Reid Ferguson will get cut for a day so they can get Spector to in-season IR giving them the option of bringing him back at some point during the year.  Then will resign Ferguson again tomorrow. Perfect candidate since he has no guarantees in his contract and is not subject to waivers.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Some speculating Reid Ferguson will get cut for a day so they can get Spector to in-season IR giving them the option of bringing him back at some point during the year.  Then will resign Ferguson again tomorrow. Perfect candidate since he has no guarantees in his contract and is not subject to waivers.

This team has an addiction to below average depth LB's that never see the field 

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do we keep 9 or 10 OL? 

Dawkins   Van Demark
McGovern  Edwards

Morse  
Torrence   Bates

Brown     Veteran

Gouraige? Alec Anderson?

Gouirage was cut with intention of bringing him back on the PS as found in the cut thread...Anderson made the team

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So what determines whether or not someone is subject to waivers?  I noticed that comment make about some veterans, and some rookies.  

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

So what determines whether or not someone is subject to waivers?  I noticed that comment make about some veterans, and some rookies.  

"Players with fewer than four accrued seasons in the NFL are subject to waivers, meaning any other team can claim them. Veterans with four or more accrued seasons in the league, however, are released instead of waived, making them free agents who can sign with any team of their choosing."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seems the bills whether by design, because the talent warrants it or maybe because the top heavy salary cap numbers demand it are going with some youth.

Youth makes less money but brings more mistakes generally.  When you have superstars like this team does you have to essentially do this and cut veteran backups and save where you can.

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Seems the bills whether by design, because the talent warrants it or maybe because the top heavy salary cap numbers demand it are going with some youth.

Youth makes less money but brings more mistakes generally.  When you have superstars like this team does you have to essentially do this and cut veteran backups and save where you can.

It is the KC Chiefs way to go with the youth over middling costing vets.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

It is the KC Chiefs way to go with the youth over middling costing vets.

Chiefs didn't invent it or discover it etc..

Its all you can do when you have superstars tipping the salary cap at the top.  You have to compliment that with good drafts/udfa signings that can fill out your roster.  Young talented players with small numbers.

otherwise you end up with declining backup veteran players with bigger cap numbers.  That is the recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That would be somewhat disappointing 

I'm actually of the opposite opinion.  Some of these moves the Bills are making come across encouraging to me.. especially if they went with a young/upside Alec Anderson over Quessenberry and a young/upside Kingsley Jonathan over ol' edge setting Shaq Lawson.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Chiefs didn't invent it or discover it etc..

Its all you can do when you have superstars tipping the salary cap at the top.  You have to compliment that with good drafts/udfa signings that can fill out your roster.  Young talented players with small numbers.

otherwise you end up with declining backup veteran players with bigger cap numbers.  That is the recipe for disaster.

I didn't say they "invented" it.  They just have been doing it for a couple of years now.

• Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I'm actually of the opposite opinion.  Some of these moves the Bills are making come across encouraging to me.. especially if they went with a young/upside Alec Anderson over Quessenberry and a young/upside Kingsley Jonathan over ol' edge setting Shaq Lawson.

fair point. Kingsley has shown to be rather disruptive. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Von to the pup list. 

Good.

Players that rush back from ACL injuries are significantly more statistically likely to re-injure themselves.

Would rather have him miss the first four games of the season than get seriously hurt again and basically be done as a Buffalo Bill.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Good.

Players that rush back from ACL injuries are significantly more statistically likely to re-injure themselves.

Would rather have him miss the first four games of the season than get seriously hurt again and basically be done as a Buffalo Bill.

Agree. I'd love to have him out there against the Jets on MNF but not on that field. I have to hope we don't need him against the Raiders or Commanders. And you should beat the Dolphins at home with or without him. So let him get fully healthy and I don't even have a problem with him not playing in London. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I'd bet that 

Rousseau
Floyd
Epenesa
Jonathan

Is your four-man depth chart on the 53-man roster to start the season. Shaq Lawson will be on the practice squad.

Once Von is ready to return from PUP, if no other roster spot has opened up, it'll be "happy trails" to Jonathan.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Good.

I would be fine if he sat out the first half of the season. We need him to be our closer for playoff games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.