Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

I only follow the Bills so I don't know much about other teams around the league, but there must be teams where they have plenty of quality O-linemen (or MLBs), so they might have to cut above average players at those positions. Are there any particular teams that fit this description?

14 minutes ago, rpmfla said:

I only follow the Bills so I don't know much about other teams around the league, but there must be teams where they have plenty of quality O-linemen (or MLBs), so they might have to cut above average players at those positions. Are there any particular teams that fit this description?

No team in the league has a surplus of quality offensive lineman, it's in offensive lineman needy League.

• Agree 1

Im about as fine as I could be with the OL after we didn’t address Tackle in any meaningful way this off-season. 

Kept young, upside players who outplayed veteran stop-gap depth. 

At least I can hope Van Demark at LT and Anderson at RT step up if needed .. and on a cap strapped roster, provide good developmental depth for years to come.  

MLB is where I’d really like to see something done via trade or a flyer on Kirksey/Jones. 

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im about as fine as I could be with the OL after we didn’t address Tackle in any meaningful way this off-season. 

Kept young, upside players who outplayed veteran stop-gap depth. 

At least I can hope Van Demark at LT and Anderson at RT step up if needed .. and on a cap strapped roster, provide good developmental depth for years to come.  

MLB is where I’d really like to see something done via trade or a flyer on Kirksey/Jones. 

It's just really hard for me to believe that Christian Kirksey (124 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 INTs last season) isn't better than Tyrel Dodsen right now.

I get that he'd have to learn the defense and it might take him a minute to earn the green dot, but...no one can convince me that Kirksey -- even at 30 years old -- isn't an upgrade at MLB for this Bills team.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 2

With the likes of Kinksey and Jones available, if the Bills go into the season choosing between Dodson and Klein at MLB then serious questions need to be asked either of Beane, if he cannot bring someone in, or McDermott, if he tells Beane a MLB is not required.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

With the likes of Kinksey and Jones available, if the Bills go into the season choosing between Dodson and Klein at MLB then serious questions need to be asked either of Beane, if he cannot bring someone in, or McDermott, if he tells Beane a MLB is not required.

Klein is OK. Dodson is troubling. 

4 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Joe Buscaglia

@JoeBuscaglia

The Bills have released IOL Redcloud Baumgardner according to a league source. He should be a prime practice squad candidate based on his preseason play. High ceiling player with alot of potential.  

Who? John Redcorn?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean deadline is 4pm, so where’s the list Beane? Come on Beane, get it together.

Sleepy Beane at it again, probably thinking about how to screw up next year's second round picks

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes.. really hope [insert name] can pick up the slack … otherwise looks like a pretty lackluster room unless [insert name] really turns it on. 

I'll take "@ScottLaw's impression of every position group on the Bills except QB" for $2000, Ken.

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's just really hard for me to believe that Christian Kirksey (124 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 INTs last season) isn't better than Tyrel Dodsen right now.

I get that he'd have to learn the defense and it might take him a minute to earn the green dot, but...no one can convince me that Kirksey -- even at 30 years old -- isn't an upgrade at MLB for this Bills team.

Kirksey injured a hammy and missed most of training camp, including all 3 preseason games.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-led-to-kirkseys-release-from-texans/ar-AA1fUg5y

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Kirksey injured a hammy and missed most of training camp, including all 3 preseason games.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-led-to-kirkseys-release-from-texans/ar-AA1fUg5y

Report after he was cut says he’s healthy now. It was a strain.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

My understanding is that because we put Matt on IR before tomorrow, he's out for the year.

Can be released with settlement and then re-signed. 

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

There is no way Kyle Allen is the backup in Buffalo

Stay tuned

Fans need to understand they signed him to be the backup. There wasn’t an injury forcing him to be the backup. They chose him.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

It's like the time they asked Peyton Manning's coach why his backup didn't get more practice time, and the coach's response was "Because if Peyton goes down, we're *****, and we don't practice *****".

Folks -- if Josh Allen goes down, the Bills are *****. Whether it's Kyle Allen, Tim Allen, or Allen Ginsberg, the Bills aren't going anywhere without #17.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.