Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

44 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Agree. I'd love to have him out there against the Jets on MNF but not on that field. I have to hope we don't need him against the Raiders or Commanders. And you should beat the Dolphins at home with or without him. So let him get fully healthy and I don't even have a problem with him not playing in London. 

Didn't even consider this. That field is statistically an ACL slaughterhouse.

I forget the specifics but there was an article from The Athletic last year showing that field and Detroits had like 4x the ACL injuries as the average field. 

Just a baffling decision by teams owners. Like running vegetable oil in your car instead of motor oil to pinch pennies 

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

I was hoping Shorter would end up with the hangnail type injury that sends him to IR as a rookie. Keep Isabella on the 53 white Shorter sits a year and learns. I think they did that with Hodgins his rookie year and maybe even the next year if I'm remembering correctly. 

Hodgins just couldn't stay healthy.

The annual "talk about the cuts" thread is second only to the annual "comment on the draft picks" thread for wild, ridiculous takes on the board.

It's amazing how many hidden GMs we have around here.

I mean, has there actually been a surprise cut yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, eball said:

The annual "talk about the cuts" thread is second only to the annual "comment on the draft picks" thread for wild, ridiculous takes on the board.

It's amazing how many hidden GMs we have around here.

I mean, has there actually been a surprise cut yet?

Well said.  And no, there has not been a single surprise to me, including dumping Basham for a bag of footballs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Every time someone in the GDT would point out the great plays Boogie made in preseason, I would just shake my head.  Dude could ball against 2nd and 3rd string, but against true 1st string players?  He was wildly ineffective.  A huge miss by McBeane.  We couldn't even get a straight up draft pick for him, we had to swap picks with New Jersey.  Bag o' footballs indeed.  

14 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Well said.  And no, there has not been a single surprise to me, including dumping Basham for a bag of footballs. 

Well, that one is a surprise to the “Beane always holds onto his draft picks too long” contingent…even though he has absolutely not hung on to draft picks too long.

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of discussion about Quessenberry in the "non-discussion" cuts thread...and thought I would reply here.  There seems to be a lot of concern about the lack of backup Tackles.  It could be that there is someone else out there that they are hoping to pick up after cuts, but I also think Quess is a likely candidate to be re-signed once we slide someone like Shakir to IR.

3 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Lots of discussion about Quessenberry in the "non-discussion" cuts thread...and thought I would reply here.  There seems to be a lot of concern about the lack of backup Tackles.  It could be that there is someone else out there that they are hoping to pick up after cuts, but I also think Quess is a likely candidate to be re-signed once we slide someone like Shakir to IR.

Not gonna happen. Cutting him left us with §1M dead cap. If they wanted to cut and sign somebody, it would be someone else. He might end up on PS, but not with intention to bring him back immediately.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.